Gard says Davison's feelings are hurt.

The point was that built was marginalizing the way gard is handling davison. If you can beat MSU it's all good, win at all costs and act like davison has no history with this at all.

He had no history with the "upset" win

The point was that built was marginalizing the way gard is handling davison. If you can beat MSU it's all good, win at all costs and act like davison has no history with this at all.
Not true at at all. Stated very clearly that Greg mishandled it from the very beginning ,that BD went over the line a long time ago. Beating MSU does not have anything to do with how BD was or was not handled. Quit speaking for me. All beating MSU did was further prove that Gard gets a ton out of whoever is on the floor. Plus no excuses.

Not true at at all. Stated very clearly that Greg mishandled it from the very beginning ,that BD went over the line a long time ago. Beating MSU does not have anything to do with how BD was or was not handled. Quit speaking for me. All beating MSU did was further prove that Gard gets a ton out of whoever is on the floor. Plus no excuses.
I am not speaking for you. You said it yourself. A poster asked if gard is trying to get fired and was clearly referencing the king and davison situations. You responded by saying if he is trying to get fired he didnt do a very good job because he beat msu shorthanded. Again marginalizing gards support of a player who is clearly on b1g radar for taking cheap shots.

He's only telling the truth. They did something the Gophers can only dream of doing. Quit being such a homer and start being realistic. Once the Gophers beat Sparty then you can talk
Wi gets all of our great white kids. It’s been happening for so long white kids from Mn feel they don’t have a place at MN. End of story.

I am not speaking for you. You said it yourself. A poster asked if gard is trying to get fired and was clearly referencing the king and davison situations. You responded by saying if he is trying to get fired he didnt do a very good job because he beat msu shorthanded. Again marginalizing gards support of a player who is clearly on b1g radar for taking cheap shots.
Was not marginalizing. the not trying to get fired comment covers all, especially winning against MSU. Stated clearly that my opinion is he should have been suspended early, often and longer. Keeping his job will be related to that fantastic winning % more than how the league handled the suspension. Obviously Alvarez took the lead and had the league handle it. Take all the shots you want at Gard but he is not trying to lose his job .

Things like allowi
Was not marginalizing. the not trying to get fired comment covers all, especially winning against MSU. Stated clearly that my opinion is he should have been suspended early, often and longer. Keeping his job will be related to that fantastic winning % more than how the league handled the suspension. Obviously Alvarez took the lead and had the league handle it. Take all the shots you want at Gard but he is not trying to lose his job .
I personally feel player safety should should be prioritized far beyond winning, but if you feel player safety is as equally or less important than winning, than that is how you feel and you are right i can not speak for you.

How did you come to this conclusion? I didn't read anything that led me to believe that.

How did you come to this conclusion? I didn't read anything that led me to believe that.
that is how Alvarez operates. Gard handles violation of team rules. There is a protocol. I am not defending Gard as I believe it was wrong to not take the lead and discipline him earlier as for me players safety and a game decorum are priorities for me. Just like not recruiting knuckleheads in the first place are or recruiting kids that can not handle a real academic workload.

I say let's start making Williams Arena louder than a library before we start making fun of other teams.

"No talking shit about the nut puncher until our crowd makes more noise!"

He's only telling the truth. They did something the Gophers can only dream of doing. Quit being such a homer and start being realistic. Once the Gophers beat Sparty then you can talk

Until yesterday, Minnesota had beaten Michigan State more recently than Wisconsin had, but go off.

He did not do very well today if he is trying to get fired.

Wi gets all of our great white kids. It’s been happening for so long white kids from Mn feel they don’t have a place at MN. End of story.

Yes all of those white kids from Minnesota who had offers from Minnesota probably felt they didn't have a place at Minnesota.

This thread is about a player on our rival's team who takes cheapshots at opposing players, and we have no fewer than four different posters clapping back against their own team. This argument isn't even about asserting that Minnesota is the superior basketball program, it's dunking on a player who has a negative reputation to far more people than just Minnesota fans. But it's just "Wisconsin wins more games and has better fan support, so you need to stop criticizing the guy who plays dirty and risks injuring other players, as well as the coach who seems to take little issue with the behavior."

The actual Wisconsin fans must have been asleep, thank goodness our own fans are here to put us in our place and defend Bucky's honor. I hope the Buckyville football board has people reminding them to keep their insults to themselves until they win 7 national championships.

"No talking shit about the nut puncher until our crowd makes more noise!"

Until yesterday, Minnesota had beaten Michigan State more recently than Wisconsin had, but go off.

Yes all of those white kids from Minnesota who had offers from Minnesota probably felt they didn't have a place at Minnesota.

This thread is about a player on our rival's team who takes cheapshots at opposing players, and we have no fewer than four different posters clapping back against their own team. This argument isn't even about asserting that Minnesota is the superior basketball program, it's dunking on a player who has a negative reputation to far more people than just Minnesota fans. But it's just "Wisconsin wins more games and has better fan support, so you need to stop criticizing the guy who plays dirty and risks injuring other players, as well as the coach who seems to take little issue with the behavior."

The actual Wisconsin fans must have been asleep, thank goodness our own fans are here to put us in our place and defend Bucky's honor. I hope the Buckyville football board has people reminding them to keep their insults to themselves until they win 7 national championships.
7 is great but Princeton has like 23 !

I've hesitated to bring up this angle cause - Whoa! people freak out. But if Davison was black would he get this kind of support at UW Madison? They do have a reputation for bias at many levels, not the least being their recent homecoming 'welcome' https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/university-of-wisconsin-race-video.html
No wonder Madison is the choice of kids at lily white suburban schools like Maple Grove, Lakeville, and East Ridge.

"
Days before Homecoming Week, the student homecoming committee, tasked with producing the video, posted it online. The outrage was almost instantaneous. Virtually every student in the video was white.

This is the story of a video that galvanized and divided a university plagued by a history of racist incidents, as told by the people who saw it happen.
Black students in particular say the homecoming video crystallized a daily fact of life: They feel they are not wanted at the University of Wisconsin, where there are significantly fewer African-Americans per capita than in the state, which is mostly white. This fall, more than 30,000 undergraduates began the school year at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Fewer than 1,000 of them are African-American.
"

Bball team often has 4 or even 5 white guys on the floor.

They don't want to go to Minnesota, where they'd have to play with scary blacks every day.

Do you really think his winning percentage is "fantastic?" After all, they already have 9 losses this season.

Sure does. And those that won all of their by vote are so long ago young people do not even care. This century they win them on the field.

They won the votes by winning on the field. And young people might not remember them since they weren't alive....but they are reminded by the ribbon board at the stadium that they actually exist....unlike Wisconsin's zero. Maybe they can put their four straight Rose Bowl losses on the ribbon board for everyone to remember.

I don't think it would matter. They were supportive of Quintez Cephus' return to the football team after going to trial over accusations of sexual assault.
Cephis was not guilty. Big difference. He just screwed the daughter of an ex-regent, who was embarrassed because it involved another girl.

They won the votes by winning on the field. And young people might not remember them since they weren't alive....but they are reminded by the ribbon board at the stadium that they actually exist....unlike Wisconsin's zero. Maybe they can put their four straight Rose Bowl losses on the ribbon board for everyone to remember.
Never said UW is a national football power. Some of those wins you speak of were against high schools and or trade schools. Princeton got the votes by winning as well and they are not considered a football power. But when you beat the other powers on the field in a organized platform you get a champion everyone recognizes. Those teams deserve whatever they got, they were certainly better than nearly everyone they played, hats off and congrats.

Never said UW is a national football power. Some of those wins you speak of were against high schools and or trade schools. Princeton got the votes by winning as well and they are not considered a football power. But when you beat the other powers on the field in a organized platform you get a champion everyone recognizes. Those teams deserve whatever they got, they were certainly better than nearly everyone they played, hats off and congrats.

Princeton the discussion is more around - hey, remember that old guy that said he knew someone who's grandfather played on a Princeton national championship team.

Wisconsin discussion is around - hey, remember that time when we had a great string of seasons started by Alverez where we were consistently in the upper third of the Big Ten but generally got crushed if we tried to compete against the big dogs? Yeah, that was great, love to see that continue.

Minnesota discussion is around - hey guys, I know all you guys that won the last National Championship are getting older and wondering when you will get to return to congratulate the Gophers as National Champions. Dont worry, be patient. We are building the foundation - Its coming and you will be there for it. Row the Boat Baby!

It’s tough for me to see Minnesota or Wisconsin ever really having a fair chance to beat Ohio State, or the rare East team that bests them in that division, in the Big Ten championship game. They’re on another level.

And it’s entirely possible that the BT could scrap divisions and just go #1 vs #2 for the champ game. Which would make it that much harder for the Gophers and Badgers just to make the game. Probably not soon, but maybe in the next 10 years.

Goes to show some coaches will use just about anything to motivate their players - its us against those suits that are trying to tell us how we should play, well lets show them.

Top Bottom