Gard says Davison's feelings are hurt.

I am sure his feelings are hurt but there are consequences for actions. The line between a ferocious competitor and playing dirty is not a fine line it is a wide space and he went way over it a long time ago. Anyone who has fought hard to compete for every moment knows where that line is.

Sounds like he has some others things he needs to grow up about. Needs to take responsibility for his actions.

I am sure his feelings are hurt but there are consequences for actions. The line between a ferocious competitor and playing dirty is not a fine line it is a wide space and he went way over it a long time ago. Anyone who has fought hard to compete for every moment knows where that line is.
I sincerely doubt that his feelings are hurt. That's utter BS.
Did you read the article? Its clear Gard has lost objectivity on this one. I hope the league is reading this disregard. If someone gets injured (which seems highly likely) Gard can take some of the responsibility for failure to provide appropriate discipline.
It does suggest why he was only suspended one game - avoidance of the appeal process may have impacted. A one game suspension cannot be appealed.

Maybe Gaard doesn't have any balls, so he doesn't understand the problem here. Ever thought of that?

I sincerely doubt that his feelings are hurt. That's utter BS.
Did you read the article? Its clear Gard has lost objectivity on this one. I hope the league is reading this disregard. If someone gets injured (which seems highly likely) Gard can take some of the responsibility for failure to provide appropriate discipline.
It does suggest why he was only suspended one game - avoidance of the appeal process may have impacted. A one game suspension cannot be appealed.
Yep. Warren should have suspended him for 2 games. Two games cannot be appealed.

Maybe Gard is trying to get fired.

More great insight to the topic. Your like a stalker.
I have him on ignore so as not to waste time.
Don't you think this will taint the rest of the season for Wisconsin? Gard condoning dirty play? Gard knew Davison in the 8th grade so he says he believes in him. I bet we can find people who knew O'Neill in the 8th grade who would say he was a great kid. And yet you've declared him proof that Pitino recruited bad people.

According to Gard, Davison is now the victim: " He’s hurt. I think we all are. He cherishes every opportunity to compete and to be with his teammates and to wear that ‘W.’ He takes great pride in that. So it’s hurtful.”
https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_b173d9e8-f60a-5e40-a776-4dd8a61b1ab7.html
Glad I went back to this after reading the thread. Made me feel even better to notice the bold. It's not just poor Brad that's hurting. It's all those poor Badgers.

Poor baby. It’s so sad that he would get punished for intentionally trying to injure opposing players.

I've hesitated to bring up this angle cause - Whoa! people freak out. But if Davison was black would he get this kind of support at UW Madison? They do have a reputation for bias at many levels, not the least being their recent homecoming 'welcome' https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/university-of-wisconsin-race-video.html
I don't think it would matter. They were supportive of Quintez Cephus' return to the football team after going to trial over accusations of sexual assault.

I don't think it would matter. They were supportive of Quintez Cephus' return to the football team after going to trial over accusations of sexual assault.
I unerstand why you would share this, but in this case we are discussing on the court behavior, for which the coach should be able to answer for directly.

I say let's start making Williams Arena louder than a library before we start making fun of other teams.

Good job Badger. You continue to impress.
He's only telling the truth. They did something the Gophers can only dream of doing. Quit being such a homer and start being realistic. Once the Gophers beat Sparty then you can talk

He's only telling the truth. They did something the Gophers can only dream of doing. Quit being such a homer and start being realistic. Once the Gophers beat Sparty then you can talk
We can only dream of nut punches and sticking legs out for players in the air to land on?

I've been a youth/community ed basketball coach since 1995. I've coached hundreds of kids. 10-12 year old boys can be very naive, immature and act without thinking about consequences. Do you have any idea how many kids I've had to yell at for trying to trip their opponents or punch them in the seeds?

Zero. Not once.

The point was that built was marginalizing the way gard is handling davison. If you can beat MSU it's all good, win at all costs and act like davison has no history with this at all.

Top Bottom