Gard says Davison's feelings are hurt.

Never said UW is a national football power. Some of those wins you speak of were against high schools and or trade schools. Princeton got the votes by winning as well and they are not considered a football power. But when you beat the other powers on the field in a organized platform you get a champion everyone recognizes. Those teams deserve whatever they got, they were certainly better than nearly everyone they played, hats off and congrats.

So you are saying that the Gophers national championships are false? That there were better teams and that the AP was wrong.

Sounds like sour grapes from our resident Badgers fan....who also likes to defend nut punching Davison and the coach that looks the other way when he tries to injure opposing players.

Why do you post here?

I never said they were false. There are 3 Ivy League teams with more. big deal. They are called mythical national titles for a reason, look it up.

Never said UW is a national football power. Some of those wins you speak of were against high schools and or trade schools. Princeton got the votes by winning as well and they are not considered a football power. But when you beat the other powers on the field in a organized platform you get a champion everyone recognizes. Those teams deserve whatever they got, they were certainly better than nearly everyone they played, hats off and congrats.
I would prefer to keep the focus of this thread on the antics of Davison and Gard, rather than discussing the Gopher football program, but this is annoying.

The Gophers were THE top-ranked team at the end of the season, also known as THE national champions, during all of those years. It's pretty simple. If it was an easy feat, then other lesser teams, such as Wisconsin, would have done it. But, they didn't...they just weren't as good.

Wi gets all of our great white kids. It’s been happening for so long white kids from Mn feel they don’t have a place at MN. End of story.
Better recruiting, better coaches, more ncaa tournament wins, close to home but not too close

Davison's feelings may be hurt, but I bet his feelings don't hurt as much as McCaffery's nuts did when nut-slapping Brad landed his target.
Maybe Davison’s feelings are hurt because nobody has returned the “favor”...not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I never said they were false. There are 3 Ivy League teams with more. big deal. They are called mythical national titles for a reason, look it up.

Think of it like the packers winning multiple titles in a 12 team league with the likes of the Staten Island Stapletons, Orange Tornadoes and Minneapolis Red Jackets and the re-entry of the Buffalo Bisons. Trust me, the badger fans, oooops, I mean packer fans, count every single one of them.

Top Bottom