Games this Weekend

They just busted our balls again, this time the whole conference. God I wish we had done better in the non-con I'm so sick of The People That Talk using the B1G as a verbal punching bag.

They just busted our balls again, this time the whole conference. God I wish we had done better in the non-con I'm so sick of The People That Talk using the B1G as a verbal punching bag.

Well if the Big Ten wants to shut up the pundits, they'll have their chance come bowl season. And if our offense can continue to produce like it did last week, we should have a real good chance in this conference. We're over due anyway.

Osu laying it on Maryland right now. OSU QB really growing up

Good thing they gave Kenny Hill a nickname after 1 start. He's really amazing and deserves it.

Disagree. I think it would be very easy for the committee to look past an undefeated team who played weak competition. That's the whole idea now - they aren't bound by rankings to give certain teams a shot at the big bowls just because a computer spits out a magic number.

Turned out to be a moot point, anyway. BYU confirmed everyone's suspicions that they weren't actually very good tonight.

If anything the whole point of the playoff is to give an undefeated team that plays weak competition an actual shot at the championship game instead of getting shutout of it like TCU in 2010.

If anything the whole point of the playoff is to give an undefeated team that plays weak competition an actual shot at the championship game instead of getting shutout of it like TCU in 2010.

That doesn't make sense. What the new system is designed to do is pick a 1 loss team with a difficult schedule over a no loss team with a markedly easier schedule. You're saying the opposite will happen.

That doesn't make sense. What the new system is designed to do is pick a 1 loss team with a difficult schedule over a no loss team with a markedly easier schedule. You're saying the opposite will happen.

Says who? I'd say the times when the BCS was the most controversial were in 2009, 2010 and most of all 2005 with Auburn when there are more than two undefeated teams and that third undefeated team gets left out. Or a one loss teams gets in ahead of an undefeated team.

What a day to watch football! I was clicking back and forth all afternoon. Always rooting for the underdog . Our loss to TCU doesn't look quite so bad now after they knocked off #4 OK. Glad to see Bama go down as well.

No.

All it means is the playoff committee gets to use the eye test in choosing what they deem to be the four best teams. They did throw those small schools a bone in giving them a spot in one of the major bowls, so in that sense, it is easier for a team like Boise to play in the Fiesta Bowl. But that has nothing to do with the 4-team playoff.

No.

All it means is the playoff committee gets to use the eye test in choosing what they deem to be the four best teams. They did throw those small schools a bone in giving them a spot in one of the major bowls, so in that sense, it is easier for a team like Boise to play in the Fiesta Bowl. But that has nothing to do with the 4-team playoff.

Except in both 2009 and 20010 undefeated TCU was ranked #3 before the championship by both the AP and coaches polls both of which are eye tests and not computers. In 2009 undefeated Cincinnati was ranked #4 by both the AP and coaches polls. They both would have made the playoff had it been implemented both years.

1. You don't know who would've been chosen for the playoff any of those years. The committee does not need to follow any rankings - it's a judgment call on their part.

2. Guess who else won't be making the playoff this year: undefeated Marshall. Strength of schedule will not allow these small schools to coast into the playoff without beating anyone good.

Says who? I'd say the times when the BCS was the most controversial were in 2009, 2010 and most of all 2005 with Auburn when there are more than two undefeated teams and that third undefeated team gets left out. Or a one loss teams gets in ahead of an undefeated team.

Says just about anyone that has anything to do with the new process. Like you say, the BCS had controversial selections and the new playoff system increases the number of teams involved, and uses a selection committee instead of polls. Both are there to reduce the chance that the best teams are left out of the championship game.

It was very interesting to watch what those cupcakes Ole Miss and Mississippi St. did yesterday. I wonder how two schools in the top 6 feel about getting beaten by cupcakes. Oh wait, both of those cupcakes are undefeated and will be top 10 after this weekend.

Big day for the state of Mississippi.

You mean a big day for the confederacy. You would think it was still 1860. English is a foreign language and these people are truly a bunch of hicks. The south is something else.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom