GAME #8: Gophers (5-2) v. Chaminade (who cares) [ESPNU, 1:30 PM]

And Jimmy Dykes just said: "If I'm Mo Walker, next timeout in the huddle I'm telling my teammates if I don't get the ball, nobody is because I'm going to stand in the lane and get a 3-second violation."

What???? Did anybody else think that was the dumbest comment ever from an announcer?

Interesting...Kendall Shell getting meaningful minutes.

Better hold onto this one or the gopher hole will explode.

Now McNeil in for Shell, I think Pitino is just trying to get everybody in the game.

Joey needs to protect the ball.

I hate to complain, but the Gophs have not gotten any kind of decent treatment from the officials.

Pitino is clearing sending a message to Andre and EE; produce or sit.

Joey King continues his struggles. He never seems to be able to make a post move without getting blocked. This time by a D2 PF about 3 inches smaller than him.

What an exhausting stretch for this team...get this game over with and play with some fire against Fl St.

Eliason....where has he been today? He played a hell of a game vs. Syracuse. Today, ?

It's just a basketball game. The kids should be dominating, but haven't. The world will keep revolving either way. Again, I repeat, step away from the ledge.

Yeah, there's so much to be positive about when you're in a tough game with a D2 team. Miss me with the "just be positive" circlejerk until there's something to be positive about.

Two most important stats show why this game is close.

Chaminade is winning the rebound battle.

Gophers have made less turnovers.

Looks like the Gophers need to do some significant rebound drills when they reach the mainland.

It's just a basketball game. The kids should be dominating, but haven't. The world will keep revolving either way. Again, I repeat, step away from the ledge.

This is a basketball forum, and they've played a terrible game. What else what I be talking about other than that, on a basketball forum?

Would you like to have a discussion on the weather or something?

This is a basketball forum, and they've played a terrible game. What else what I be talking about other than that, on a basketball forum?

Sure it has been cold as ice lately in Minnesota. Just like the gopher shooting today.

Ha! The weather kind of matches the mood of Gopher fans after this tournament. Cold and gloomy. ;)

This team doesn't have a leader. Dre and Austin are labeled leaders, but they're the quiet type, and that just doesn't cut it sometimes. Disappointing how this game started, but it shows they won't pack it up and just give in.

The weather in Hawaii is great. I blame it on the weather!

Yep, they played a poor game and barely beat a team that they should pound. Next.

Beat Florida State and a lot of us will feel better. That's a big game coming up.

Sure it has been cold as ice lately in Minnesota. Just like the gopher shooting today.

Yeah, the shooting was poor. Kids legs are tired from the three games. Also, the kids may have spent some time enjoying the beach or other attractions, which also wears down the legs. There are probably a lot of factors for tired legs, but in either case, when you are a team that relies on the three and you are playing your third game in three days...you are bound to miss more than you make from the field.

Onward to take on FSU.

Beat Florida State and a lot of us will feel better. That's a big game coming up.

Huge game. I am sure Pitino will come home with plenty of things for the guys to work on.

Poor shooting game all around today but found a way to win. Players looked disinterested in playing defense at times and it showed at times. I thought the reffing was horrible throughout the tournament but thought it was at its worst today. I did think the press looked pretty decent at times today and helped which will often be the case against lower level teams. Hopefully this team comes ready to play for a big game against Florida State and the shooting is more back to what it had been before these last 2 games.

Top Bottom