GAME #8: Gophers (5-2) v. Chaminade (who cares) [ESPNU, 1:30 PM]

A loss here doesn't effect tournament hopes or RPI because it's D2. Might as well root for the home team

Are you completely sure of that???

Well, he's looked okay. The defense should be alot better than it is. I'm just wondering why Andre isn't in? We need someone to get buckets right now!

Up 10 to down 2. Need to rebound against the smaller team. No reason you can't play man-to-man and get out on shooters and take your chances inside.

Play Kendall. Everybody else could care less.

Chaminade is throwing up trash and and all of it is going in.

It's seems like alot of lucky made three-pointers, but some strong shooting teams can seemingly fire from anywhere in the half court set and they'll go down.

Getting out worked and out hustled by a D2 team.

I hate to be "that fan" who overreacts but it could get extremely ugly this year. It's one thing to not have a ton of talent, it is another when the guys can't do the fundamentals, don't hustle after loose balls, getting out rebounded by much smaller teams, etc.

Hopefully it is just a case of a lot of new players and a new coach, and they just need time to get it figured out.

On another note, I said it yesterday but how awesome would it have been to have Mathieu on last year's team?

On another note, I said it yesterday but how awesome would it have been to have Mathieu on last year's team?

Man it would have been great to have him the last couple years. He's super aggressive. I just wish he could get a handle on his turn overs. He is the biggest outliers in the turnover rate by a long shot. I think a lot of it has to do with the team not getting open for dish opportunities when he drives.

This is looking more like Tubby's team. Bad body language, no one being a leader, stagnant on offense etc.

Seriously, if it doesn't get any better early in the second half, I'd seriously consider emptying the bench for the rest of the game. Screw it. Send these guys a message.

Pitino is LIVID right now in the huddle. Can't blame him!

This is embarrassing. Sucks this game is on national tv right now.

It looks like the boys spent too much time on the beach last night . . .

Gamecast is a waste of an open browser window, **** lags out all the time. Twitter is more uptodate than that thing.

Jimmy Dykes is hitting the nail right on the head. Do they (the Gophers) want to compete?

Seriously, if it doesn't get any better early in the second half, I'd seriously consider emptying the bench for the rest of the game. Screw it. Send these guys a message.

Yeah, I mean, you want to stick with your stars (Andre and Austin), but after 3 straight games now of awful play and leadership, something might have to change.

The worst stat of the half is that Chaminade had a foul to give late in the half. How they hell do we not get into the bonus against a much smaller team? EE and Mo should dominate in this type of game.

Wow 37 points at half. Down 5. 5 points each from our top two guards. This was a pretty pathetic half.

Shooting is pretty bad today and need to be better on the boards. It still doesn't make up for how the Gophers have played today but to me the reffing has been awful and it has been that way for the most part in Maui. Today EE has been mugged 3 or 4 times inside when putting shots up and there have been 3 or 4 times where guys have been fouled going to the rim and can't get a call.

I turned it off. Already seeing comments from my Badger friends pop up on social media. This team is irritating to say the least right now.

Well, he's looked okay. The defense should be alot better than it is. I'm just wondering why Andre isn't in? We need someone to get buckets right now!

Because he got 2 fouls in the first three minutes or so.

I posted this after the Syracuse game when I was gushing over Pitino. What would he do when this team wasn't interested, when they struggled after multiple losses, can he command respect and get these guys to buy in when its difficult....

Jimmy Dykes is hitting the nail right on the head. Do they (the Gophers) want to compete?

Defensive effort is just putrid right now. I'm curious to see if he pulls back the full court press to try something else.

Dare I say that perhaps Mr. Pitino is not ready to coach at this level? He seems to make no adjustments to the opposition whatsoever.

Dare I say that perhaps Mr. Pitino is not ready to coach at this level? He seems to make no adjustments to the opposition whatsoever.

Dare I say his players just don't care right now? Even the best coaches in the country can't motivate a team that is tired and just wants to go home.

Top Bottom