Gach waiver has not been submitted as of today

I hope that they are not being overconfident here

Frustrating that it's taken this long, but I'm sure there is a legitimate reason.
I’m sure, let’s just hope the issue is solvable. It’s getting closer to tip-off every day.
My guess, it wasn’t supposed to be this complicated.

I’m sure, let’s just hope the issue is solvable. It’s getting closer to tip-off every day.
My guess, it wasn’t supposed to be this complicated.
I'm sure everything ok. They waited until he got on campus first. Should be a no brainer also. Now they just passed new transfer rule. Think they're gonna shut him down now?

I'm sure everything ok. They waited until he got on campus first. Should be a no brainer also. Now they just passed new transfer rule. Think they're gonna shut him down now?
“...everything ok.” And you base that on what other than optimism?
Gach committed to the Gophers June 15th.
The Gophers were allowed to begin summer workouts with Richard Pitino on July 20th. Robbins and Gach were both present.
You have a link to this new transfer rule? I don’t think it exists.
Robbins paperwork was submitted long ago. Their timelines are very similar with the exception Gach has not applied to date.
It would seem fairly obvious there are any number of possible issues regarding the paperwork.
He’s already not eligible to play “so shutting him down” is not what it’s about.
He needs a waiver to play in games.
(See Builts post above)

Last edited:

The Gophers were allowed to begin summer workouts with Richard Pitino on July 20th. Robbins and Gach were both present.
Robbins paperwork was submitted long ago. Their timelines are very similar with the exception Gach has not applied to date.
It would seem fairly obvious there are any number of possible issues regarding the paperwork.
He’s already not eligible to play “so shutting him down” is not what it’s about.
(See Builts post above)
So are you worried? If you are, your obviously more worried than Pitino is than. If it was a time issue dont you think they would have done this earlier? If robbins got waiver how is gach not gonna get one? Seems pretty obvious to me. If it doesnt happen give me a hard time, but count me in as a guy not losing sleep over this.

We all know when gach got on campus. Gach and pitino obviously have a reason why they havent petitioned for waiver yet. They have a plan obviously.

Last edited:

As we assuming that since they have a plan for this and everything will work out that they also had a plan to be bad last year? And a plan to be bad three years ago? And a plan to win eight games in 2015? And to miss on a bunch of recruits?

Maybe they have plans - that doesn't mean those plans are always well-constructed

(See Builts post above)

The D-1 Council approved the 1-time transfer rule on Wednesday. It's going to an official vote in January and will pass. Winter athletes are also getting to play this year without using a year of eligibility because of COVID.

Gach's waiver is a slam dunk, they just had to get all the info together and work with the compliance office before sending it in. There's zero chance his gets denied after Robbins got cleared.

The D-1 Council approved the 1-time transfer rule on Wednesday. It's going to an official vote in January and will pass. Winter athletes are also getting to play this year without using a year of eligibility because of COVID.

Gach's waiver is a slam dunk, they just had to get all the info together and work with the compliance office before sending it in. There's zero chance his gets denied after Robbins got cleared.
Bolded: you're probably right, but as I recall, this was the same sentiment as earlier in the year, and yet at the last second it got shot down.

For whatever their voices are worth, coaches (at least at high-level programs) do not want this rule.

Thanks for the update and positive information.

I'd rather make sure all my Is are dotted and Ts crossed before submitting it - last thing we want is for it to be delayed or rejected due to incomplete paperwork.

One thing we can be sure of, if there's a way to **** it up, Pitino will find it.

As we assuming that since they have a plan for this and everything will work out that they also had a plan to be bad last year? And a plan to be bad three years ago? And a plan to win eight games in 2015? And to miss on a bunch of recruits?

Maybe they have plans - that doesn't mean those plans are always well-constructed
Why don’t you go root for another team? You obviously do not like anything that is going on with the gophers.

The Gophers thought Carr would get a waiver two years ago. didn't happen. we're still talking about the NCAA here. some yahoo in an office somewhere could be having a bad day and decide not to grant a waiver. nothing is certain until it happens.

The Gophers thought Carr would get a waiver two years ago. didn't happen. we're still talking about the NCAA here. some yahoo in an office somewhere could be having a bad day and decide not to grant a waiver. nothing is certain until it happens.
Your right, but comparing these two is ridiculous. Gach and carr have to be about the exact opposite of examples of what is accepted and what isnt accepted.

I really believe that Carr didn't get it because Pitt went out of their way to get it ___ed up.

For whatever reason, Drake did not stand in the way of Robbins. And hopefully Utah won't either. Or maybe now, in this situation, their input is weighted less?

I really believe that Carr didn't get it because Pitt went out of their way to get it ___ed up.

For whatever reason, Drake did not stand in the way of Robbins. And hopefully Utah won't either. Or maybe now, in this situation, their input is weighted less?

Carr's was denied because the Pitt AD was on the waiver committee at the time, and the basketball coach had just gotten fired. Not a good look on Pitt's side.

It should be noted that the NCAA sent back Robbins' waiver request to the U for more info before he was eventually cleared. That wasn't a slam dunk. Pitino is making sure all I's are dotted and T's are crossed in Gach's case. Between COVID, him moving back home and a family health situation, he's a lock to be eligible.

There is zero chance the fact his waiver hasn't been submitted is good news, or even neutral news.

Something isn't right.

“Between COVID, him moving back home and a family health situation, he's a lock to be eligible.”
Yes, that would seem logical. That has nothing to do with why it hasn’t been submitted, however.

I guess, not obviously, there are other complications. Likely, eligibility issues with classes, (being he started with a junior college, maybe one possibility) but it could be anything. If whatever the snags are...if they get taken care of...ya he’s very likely good to go.

There is zero chance the fact his waiver hasn't been submitted is good news, or even neutral news.

Something isn't right.
It's Gopher sports. If something can go wrong, it probably did.

It's Gopher sports. If something can go wrong, it probably did.
Well, it might still work out. But the fact it hasn't yet means something is wrong.

It's not like they're waiting for no reason.

Top Bottom