Gabe

Well, I don't think that athletically, Gabe is a match for most Big Ten wings. I think he does it on smarts and effort. I think he works awfully hard for what he gets and that is to his credit.

He really hangs with best wings defensively.

He really hangs with best wings defensively.
Yes he does. The point is that it requires a ton of exertion for him to do it. He's not what you would call a glider. He is a worker.

Yes he does. The point is that it requires a ton of exertion for him to do it. He's not what you would call a glider. He is a worker.

I mean, I guess I get your point but that's pretty standard for all defenders, even great athletes. It's awareness and effort.

Well, I don't think that athletically, Gabe is a match for most Big Ten wings. I think he does it on smarts and effort. I think he works awfully hard for what he gets and that is to his credit.

He works incredibly efficient as well. He's been taught at a very young age about footwork. Understands any limitation he may have.

I mean, I guess I get your point but that's pretty standard for all defenders, even great athletes. It's awareness and effort.
I just think that for the best athletes, it takes less effort to beat someone off the drive, stop your man on defense, get to the right spot to help...because that guy is so naturally fast and gifted. Gabe does it, but he does it by effort. So my point is just that it takes a lot out of him to do it and I think he would be helped to have less minutes.

The first step to a successful shot is a good pass. That said, IMO too many times Carr is over dribbling and/or looking for his shot first instead of swinging it quickly to Gabe in rhythm.
Seen this way too much this year. If Willis or Gabe are open at any point from 3, the ball should be thrown their way. Especially in transition.

Top Bottom