Future Uniforms

what is about mason's uniforms that made them classic? they didn't where that style in th 70s, the 60s, the 50s, the 40s. they are an old style, but not traditional to gopher football. the all gold is actually more traditional to gopher football that the USC knock-offs that mason's teams wore.

Mason's team wore PSU's uniforms except with maroon and gold.

Mason's team wore PSU's uniforms except with maroon and gold.

you're right. same styles but similar colors
reggie_bush-2.jpg

a_maroney_i.jpg

I just don't understand how these style and colors became the traditional gopher styles and colors.

what is about mason's uniforms that made them classic? they didn't where that style in th 70s, the 60s, the 50s, the 40s. they are an old style, but not traditional to gopher football. the all gold is actually more traditional to gopher football that the USC knock-offs that mason's teams wore.

I just don't understand how these style and colors became the traditional gopher styles and colors.

They're not our 'traditional' style. We don't have any traditional looks. The Mason one are about as simple as they get. Personally, I like our current look. I would be okay with pushing the envelope even further. With our exclusive Nike contract, the uniforms will only get more creative, not less.

Keep the uniforms we have now, but tweak the generic Nike piping to make it more "ours". Cal had similar "template" nike jerseys and changed theirs up to put some unique bear claw scratch like accents on their jerseys and they look good.

Keep the white helmets and introduce a gold helmet with a maroon block M for an alternate so we can truly have a "gold out". The new shade of maroon and gold for the jerseys we have looks more bold and fierce in my opinion, although I think I'm in the minority. With some minor changes and tweaking I think we could have these long term.

Also the all whites looked awesome this year and I want to see more of the white helmet personally.

I hear the Nike contract is up and we are switching to under armor uniforms next year.

If Nike ran The Louvre, they'd add sunglasses and a curly mustache to the Mona Lisa.

Their uniform designs aren't "creative," they're sloppy.

I hear the Nike contract is up and we are switching to under armor uniforms next year.

How long was their contract for?? I'm pretty sure they signed that when I was still in undergrad. I remember taking a class with Phil Esten and he was pumped about it. Couldn't have been more than 5 years ago. Seems like a short contract. Maybe not.

I heard people talking about it at the Iowa game and that they where mad cause they loved our uniforms and we are going to switch to under armor uniforms. And they think that under Armour uniforms suck.

Possible Helmet?

Just screwing around and crudely came up with this.
Using the throwback helmet (Mason at dome pic)with the new "M" logo.
Like the throwback uni's too....keep the pants the same and maybe add gold trim to the tops

Attachments

• gophs helmet...jpg
    gophs helmet...jpg
    18 KB · Views: 23

I'd kind of prefer sticking with the basic maroon top and gold/yellow pants for home games and white tops and white or maroon pants for road games. The exception would be rival games. See if we can't get Nebraska to wear uniforms like this when they come here
31512_Nebraska_Throwbacks_Football_medium.jpg

I heard people talking about it at the Iowa game and that they where mad cause they loved our uniforms and we are going to switch to under armor uniforms. And they think that under Armour uniforms suck.

Under Armour uniforms do suck. This would be a horrible turn of events.

Just screwing around and crudely came up with this.
Using the throwback helmet (Mason at dome pic)with the new "M" logo.
Like the throwback uni's too....keep the pants the same and maybe add gold trim to the tops

I like this helmet a lot. I would look great with all white uniforms similar to the ones Virginia Tech wore last weekend. Basic, traditional, but really cool.

The Wacker-era uniforms were awful. Period.

Top Bottom