Future Uniforms

KrisHumphries

Reaction score
I know this isn't on anyones list of what Coach Kill should do next... But.... What do you think he will do with our Uniforms? I hope he brings us back to a Mason era style. The Big Ten is a conference big on history. That goes all the way to our uniforms. Most teams in the Big ten never make a change in uniforms.

We need to get a classic look and stick with it. I loved mason era jerseys. Would love something like that

a_maroney_i.jpg

EricDecker1.jpg

I want the White Helmets back!!! *facepalm*

Just as long as he doesn't revisit the "bra" uniforms of the 90's. Those were the worst!

We've had the "Block M" on the helmets since 1968... We haven't won a conference championship since 1967... just sayin'

Also, I may be the only one, but I like it when teams do not include the player's last name on their jersey. Football is a team sport, not an individual sport.

Oh good, another thread about a "Style Show"!!!

I've been told by a top

official inside the Gopher athletic dept. that part of Kill's agreement was to "update" our uniform.

I know this isn't on anyones list of what Coach Kill should do next... But.... What do you think he will do with our Uniforms? I hope he brings us back to a Mason era style. The Big Ten is a conference big on history. That goes all the way to our uniforms. Most teams in the Big ten never make a change in uniforms.

We need to get a classic look and stick with it. I loved mason era jerseys. Would love something like that

a_maroney_i.jpg

EricDecker1.jpg

These are the best combos I think.

The only changes I would make are:
1. The jerseys should have some what of a throw back look...plain numbers and lettering. No trim on the letters and just plain gold/white.
2. Instead of numbers on the shoulder/sleeve, put a Minnestota(shape) patch on there. We are the only D-1 team in the state and the state shape is very recognizable.
3. Socks/leggings & shoes should be maroon.

Classic, clean and a touch of throw back. No stripes.

All white uniforms similar to the ones Virginia Tech wore on Saturday night.

I know that a lot of people want changes but one of the main reasons the uniforms were updated were because recruits like them. It's a great recruiting tool and i think we should use any tools we can to get the most talented kids we can here.

Kill's an old school guy. He should make the 1960 throwbacks permanent. It's even got a white helmet (I understand white helmets are all the rage).

Plus, it's the last uniform in which the Gophers actually won any kind of championship.

I know that a lot of people want changes but one of the main reasons the uniforms were updated were because recruits like them. It's a great recruiting tool and i think we should use any tools we can to get the most talented kids we can here.

The only successful school that uses that strategy is Oregon. Pretty much every other powerhouse school has an old school look. The modern style isn't used by the successful schools usually

a_maroney_i.jpg

EricDecker1.jpg

BEST UNI'S EVERRRRRRR!!!!

I pray we go back to these, the current ones are just ugly.

I don't care what the "F" they look like, wear Maroon Tops, Gold Pants at home. White tops and Gold Pants on the road. Helmets??? Oh shucks, we gotta wear helmets. Ok, whatever, I will pick the Maroon helmets with the Gold M on the sides. There, how is that for a "Style Show"?

as long as Nike is contracted with the U the uni's will only get crazier

I like black myself. I know black is not a U color but I wouldn't mind seeing black uni's with maroon and gold piping. I think it would look bada**

I like black myself. I know black is not a U color but I wouldn't mind seeing black uni's with maroon and gold piping. I think it would look bada**

Dear God, NO. NO Black for black sake... It would look AWFUL

Found these mock-ups online and thought they looked pretty nice

What about these (this is taken from uniwatch.com)?
http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2010/05/30/if-you-build-it/

I think they're pretty solid, although I'm not a fan of the white helmet so I'd swap that out for maroon, most likely. I'd also probably go for thick striping down the sides of the pants like the ones from the 60s.

Our second set of tweaks comes from Michael Jaszewski, who has a new home and road for the Gophers:

Phil,

I’m a lifelong U of M football fan (it’s a rough gig) and I HATE the current uniforms, so I thought I’d have a go at redesigning them.

The first thing I wanted to do was get back to the classic uniforms – the uniforms the team wore when it was national champions – with some modern updates. The helmet reverts back to white, but unlike the helmets from the early 60s, which had numbers on the side, I stuck with a block M. I bumped up the size of that block M, however, and I made it gold, with maroon outline. With the exception of the home jersey, the maroon is de-emphasized so that the nickname “Golden” Gophers makes sense. The away jerseys have gold numbers with thick, maroon outlines. The sleeves themselves are gold with thin maroon piping on the shoulder (that’s the most modern element of these uniforms) and the numbers in white with thick maroon ourlines. The pants are solid gold. The socks are maroon with what I’d call a “half Northwestern stripe.”

It’s probably too late to hope the team dons something like these for the 2010 season, but one can always hope 2011 sees them harkening back to their glory days — both in their record and their uniforms.

Attachments

• Gophers-away.jpg
    Gophers-away.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 100
  • home.jpg
    home.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 94

Dear God, NO. NO Black for black sake... It would look AWFUL

Sorry, I just like black. Not sayin it would be the best combo but that is what I like. Black works for the Baltimore ravens but that is a different story.

This is just the kind of thing that Brew spent his energy on. Brew had a football fantasy in head that included the Victory Walk, the East end-zone sing-along and different uniforms - everything but Xs and Os. I hope Kill does not spend his energy worrying about this superficial crap and just focuses on football. "Who's got this guy? Who got that guy? Everyone know where they're supposed to be?" For what its worth, I like the Gold/Gold with Maroon Helmets.

Count me in as a fan of the white helmet and old school jerseys! Lets go back to the traditional look that won us some big things back in the good ol' days!

Top Bottom