Former 5 star OL dismissed from Wisconsin

Personally, I don't think this is a good look for the new coach.....he could have easily just said that "player X" is no longer on the team. Instead, he throws a KID under the bus and publicly shames him. I doubt PJ would've handled it the same way.....
I like how you called a 20 year old a "kid".

What's the threshold to becoming an adult who's responsible for his actions? 35?

What if the fight/punch was with a coach? Not saying that is what happened. I'm just pointing out that there isn't nearly enough information known to come up with an opinion of whether or not the punishment fits the crime.
Having some experience in this sort of thing - there are privacy issues regarding behavior. My guess is this wasn't the first time he scuffled and/or got in trouble for breaking team rules. In all likelihood, he was on thin ice even before this incident.

The badger fans are on edge.

Maybe not.

Even before this whole incident he was a big disappointment.

5* passed up by newer players. Whiffing on run blocks and etc.
If he lived up to his 5-star ranking on the field there’s no way he would’ve been kicked off the team for throwing a punch. But alas, he was disappointing so away he goes. Greater talent = greater tolerance (copyright Andrew Brandt).

If he lived up to his 5-star ranking on the field there’s no way he would’ve been kicked off the team for throwing a punch. But alas, he was disappointing so away he goes. Greater talent = greater tolerance (copyright Andrew Brandt).
There is not one shred of evidence to back up your premise.
He threw an elbow that knocked a teammate unconscious and an ambulance was called.
His value or lack of was not in the equation in the decision to release him.

There is not one shred of evidence to back up your premise.
He threw an elbow that knocked a teammate unconscious and an ambulance was called.
His value or lack of was not in the equation in the decision to release him.
I heard someone used derogatory language.

Top Bottom