Floundering Wisconsin Fans in Turmoil -- Take to Social Media to Fire Coach

For Wisconsin fans, time to get out the torch songs and bottle of Jim Bean.

"Baby, it could have been great [drink]
But I'm all alone on this beach of life with a dead smelly flounder washed up like me [drink]
Waiting for highwayman to correct your whiskey reference...

For Wisconsin fans, time to get out the torch songs and bottle of Jim Bean.

"Baby, it could have been great [drink]
But I'm all alone on this beach of life with a dead smelly flounder washed up like me [drink]

I'd likes me some Bean. Van Camps. A simple pleasure.

Everything I've seen and heard was that the ref's screwed over Bucky....lol

I’m pretty sure Wisconsin’s left tackle had a really bad day, gave up two strip sacks one going for a scoop and score. Their defense was porous for three out of four quarters. Their special teams and punter kept them in it in the third quarter pinning the cougs deep and playing field position to get a couple scores.

I have to give him credit, Mordecai looked pretty good under a lot of pressure, didn’t throw it to the other team. Maybe holds the ball too long but he had a decent game. Wisconsin D and their left tackle lost this one.

What could go wrong did go wrong for Wisconsin football in the first 30 minutes in Washington.

The Cougars dominated on both sides of the ball en route to a 24-9 lead at the half with Wisconsin getting the rock to start the second half. Quarterback Cam Ward finished the half with a pair of touchdowns, while the Cougars defense found the end zone after a strip sack.

A couple next to me -- 47-year season ticket holders -- had to leave the game at halftime because they were feeling ill due to the loud music. They are selling their tickets.

I am not opposed to loud music because I go to many concerts. But this is not a concert. At one point my Apple watch registered 100 decibels, and we were in section C on the 10-yard line -- about 100 yards away from the speakers.

Mark Cunneen of Verona, who said he has bought season tickets for more than 25 years, called it "the worst atmosphere we have ever experienced."

"My wife and I couldn't even talk between plays because of that loud music," Cunneen said.

1694363874670.png

1694363934789.png

With Wisconsin on the comeback trail in the fourth quarter of Saturday's game at Washington State and only down by two, 24-22, after falling behind by 15 at halftime, Badgers' defensive lineman James Thompson Jr. sacked Cougars quarterback Cameron Ward in the end zone for what looked like a clear safety. The refs, however, must have seen something different and ruled Ward's progress stopped at the 1-yard line.

A safety would have tied the game for the Badgers and they would have received the ball. While the defense did force a punt, the Badgers then gave it right back to the Cougars after Chez Mellusi fumbled on their second play. However, that too was a questionable call, something fans also were furious over on social media.

Instead of making dramatic improvement from Week 1 to Week 2, Luke Fickell’s team played poorly early and fell behind by 15 points before rallying in the second half.

The Badgers’ defense tightened in the second half but allowed a critical touchdown drive in the fourth quarter. That letdown, as well as three UW turnovers, allowed Washington State to score a 31-22 upset Saturday night at Martin Stadium.

Year zero, Sconnie fans.

Poetically this offense may be OK and more dynamic after Chryst‘s dismissal, but their defense could be the Achilles heel after Leonhard’s dismissal. Let’s hope that spirals going forward. Currently 11th in total defense.

Year zero, Sconnie fans.

Poetically this offense may be OK and more dynamic after Chryst‘s dismissal, but their defense could be the Achilles heel after Leonhard’s dismissal. Let’s hope that spirals going forward. Currently 11th in total defense.
Hoping this is Wisconsin's Wacker era.

As much as I’d like to believe Wisc is disintegrating … it for surprise me that a new HC trying to change a teams identity is going to take some early losses…. especially on the road.

Whatever Fickel does it’s going to take time.

Their defensive personnel is build for 30 front. That's been there defense for a long time, since Alvarez? But Fickell brought his guy with from Cincy and he's a 40 front guy.

The Fickell hype was too much from the get go.
Ohio State has always been my 1a, so I know all to well what a fraud Luke Fickell is. You go 6-7 at Ohio State, you're garbage. Period. Forever. I don't care what he did at Cincy one year against a cream puff schedule. He will be exposed at UW, again.

Will this loss drop Wisconsin out of the top 25?
We can hope. I'd like to also take this moment to mention that Chief Wiggum as chili chef is the second best avatar on this board, behind only coolhand's Jim Anchor.

A few dudes now have done great things at Cincy and used that to springboard themselves into doing some things elsewhere.

Agree Cincy didn't have a P5 schedule, but they beat Notre Dame and that got them in the playoff.

We'll see

I just remembered why I finally officially joined even though I've been reading this board for about 20 years. It was so I could finally block the clown known as mpls gopher.

Top Bottom