Fleck to meet with Winfield this week

Ruggers

Reaction score
Just saw an update headline on Twitter just now and reminded me that I remember seeing something about Fleck meeting/speaking with Antoine Winfield Jr this week. With a thin secondary already following the suspension debacle, I really hope Fleck can talk him into sticking with the Gophers because this kid is going to be special as he continues to develop-could be playing on Sundays like his daddy did for many years!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

One good thing that means is that Winfield has not already enrolled somewhere else for spring semester.

One good thing that means is that Winfield has not already enrolled somewhere else for spring semester.

I have been surprised that some guys haven't up and transferred. I suppose sticking it out through spring semester would help with credit accumulation because they will be sitting out next year anyway (provided they stay at the FBS level).

With the Baylor stuff.... I suspect most schools would be hesitant to allow that knowing what is going on up here.

Could go either way but i'll take it as a good sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Fleck is a good politician. He doesn't care about changing the culture, he just cares about winning.

Winfield isn't sexual assault incarnate....

Since when? According to the U, support of these players equaled supporting sexual assault. How can we now start taking a nuanced look at these individuals involved?

Since when? According to the U, support of these players equaled supporting sexual assault. How can we now start taking a nuanced look at these individuals involved?

Well I mean... I can ... just do that...

He can't take Winfield back and claim the culture needs to be changed. Actually, he can and that's why he's a hypocrite.

According to some GHole posters Winfield Jr wasn't even there. He was playing video games. If these posters have any clue what they're talking about this wouldn't make Fleck a hypocrite for taking him back.

Changing culture is apart of winning.

except he can easily spin it that he got these guys who were not directly involved to buy in, row the boat, be upstanding citizens AND win games if they come back and stay out of trouble. these are not mutually exclusive. obviously the previous culture won a lot of games too.

According to some GHole posters Winfield Jr wasn't even there. He was playing video games. If these posters have any clue what they're talking about this wouldn't make Fleck a hypocrite for taking him back.

I don't think it would make Fleck a hypocrite, however, it would make the U hypocritical.

The U fired a coach for defending his players (including Winfield).
The U trashed the culture of the program.
The U called the alleged victim a VICTIM.

It's hypocritical for the U to now look into the actual events of that evening and make a nuanced decision.

You don't even know who is going to be available to play next year. Try again

I know that we are bringing back almost our entire starting OL, almost our entire DL, all of our LBs, more receiving yards than we did going into 2015. . . we are bringing back a similar team to last year. We won 9 games last year and we need to improve our winning culture and win 6 games. Gotcha!

I don't think it would make Fleck a hypocrite, however, it would make the U hypocritical.

The U fired a coach for defending his players (including Winfield).
The U trashed the culture of the program.
The U called the alleged victim a VICTIM.

It's hypocritical for the U to now look into the actual events of that evening and make a nuanced decision.

You do understand this wasn't the only reason he was fired right?

You do understand this wasn't the only reason he was fired right?

Absolutely. He was fired because Coyle wanted his own guy and he didn't have the courage to fire a 9-4 coach. He used a sexual assault as political coverage to hire someone.

However, you're still stuck with the reasons you put forward.

Really? Whole new roster? There are 100 pretty talented players on the roster right now. Try again.

Really? Whole new roster? There are 100 pretty talented players on the roster right now. Try again.

Get ready for a litany of excuses from the crowd that wasn't happy with 9 wins in a season. It's going to be that kind of run.

I would bet that if Claeys had kept his job, the people wanting him gone would be saying that if he doesn't win 8 or 9 games next year that he needs to go. With what we know is returning next season, plus at least 25 Elite recruits, 6 wins would be a disappointment.

I would bet that if Claeys had kept his job, the people wanting him gone would be saying that if he doesn't win 8 or 9 games next year that he needs to go. With what we know is returning next season, plus at least 25 Elite recruits, 6 wins would be a disappointment.

Be prepared to be disappointed then

Who said whole new roster? Freshman and walk on secondary along with a quarterback who hasn't started more than a game.

Top Bottom