Fleck Never Learns....FFS

Feedlot shit is on the Gophers' cleats from the Iowa pigsty of all places.

I'm all about punting there as well. Ferentz would've takena 5 yard delay and punted. But man GHers talk out both sides of their mouth a LOT. Fleck punted from that same spot against Wisc in 2019 and we heard about it for MONTHS, literally. Every time he goes for it and fails he's an idiot. Every time he doesn't go for it he's an idiot. Kick a FG and he's an idiot. Personally, I thought it wsa stupid to kick there, but Fleck was FAR from the reason MN lost this game.
The massive difference is in 2019 we had a passing game to pick up 4th downs. After seeing how the game was going did you trust this passing attack to pick up a 4th down? Not a chance. The two situations are nowhere near similar based on context. You punt there and make IA’s average at best offense run the length of the field.

Yet he wouldn't go for it at iowa 2 in the first quarter. Even the commentators questioned it knowing our history with iowa.
IMO, the FG was the correct call. Get your first points on the board. High likelihood of the game being low scoring. Not converting on any of those 3rd downs in the red zone were the killer. A lot of that falls back on PJ getting hyper conservative in the red zone and playing for FGs however.

How many times does he take unnecessary chances that cost us over and over...punt that ball and pin them deep...Nope, silly back up kicker kicks it into the line and Iowa scores a TD a few plays later. Defense has been great but Fleck can't help himself...dbag gloryhound making hero calls...no culture in that.
Woah woah woah…fleck is too aggressive?

IMO, the FG was the correct call. Get your first points on the board. High likelihood of the game being low scoring. Not converting on any of those 3rd downs in the red zone were the killer. A lot of that falls back on PJ getting hyper conservative in the red zone and playing for FGs however.

It's the chicken and the egg argument. The conservative play calling is the result of a broken pass game that can't be relied on. Some argue the pass game is broken because it's not used enough. I think it's the former.

It's the chicken and the egg argument. The conservative play calling is the result of a broken pass game that can't be relied on. Some argue the pass game is broken because it's not used enough. I think it's the former.
The OC and game plan are the horse.

I think the pass game is broken. I do think some of the WR drops can be attributed to the lack of throwing. Nobody is able to get into a rhythm. Remember how TJ had to have a drop or two in the first quarter of a lot of games? Then he settled in.

How many times does he take unnecessary chances that cost us over and over...punt that ball and pin them deep...Nope, silly back up kicker kicks it into the line and Iowa scores a TD a few plays later. Defense has been great but Fleck can't help himself...dbag gloryhound making hero calls...no culture in that.

He's a low class, fake con artist, just like Tom Allen and James Franklin. If Kirk Feretnz keeps deftly calling him out, there is fire in that smoke. His recruiting methods are racist.

Wake up people.

Fleck isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
You should know what Fleck is and what he isn't at this point.

If you don't see the improvement PJ has brought to the football program prior to him coming here, no one can help you.

a lot of this comes from hiring a younger coach from a non-P5 conference who is more flash than substance. Fleck does not have a deep network of possible assistants to draw on and many who might come to the Gophs think twice about the personality driven approach to program management.
Many have speculated he has better OCs right on his staff.

Fleck punted from that same spot against Wisc in 2019 and we heard about it for MONTHS,
Months???? ReplacementGopher has whined about this ad nauseum on multiple topics for multiple games for each year and continues to this very day. His post from Current topic, "Fleck" post # 72:

"we punt from our other rivals 37 on 4th and 2"

Top Bottom