Fleck Never Learns....FFS

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
How many times does he take unnecessary chances that cost us over and over...punt that ball and pin them deep...Nope, silly back up kicker kicks it into the line and Iowa scores a TD a few plays later. Defense has been great but Fleck can't help himself...dbag gloryhound making hero calls...no culture in that.

How many times does he take unnecessary chances that cost us over and over...punt that ball and pin them deep...Nope, silly back up kicker kicks it into the line and Iowa scores a TD a few plays later. Defense has been great but Fleck can't help himself...dbag gloryhound making hero calls...no culture in that.
Wait. You think PJ is TOO aggressive??

Fleck makes some of the worst in-game decisions I have ever seen from a coach who I actually support. It is the most glaring weakness in his overall coaching. He does a lot of things right but just can't grasp the in-game flow that all great coaches seem to have. The great ones always seem to make the correct decisions in game. That 53 yard FG had such an incredibly low percentage of success. Brutal decision and a huge factor in the L.

Yes he never learns. Keeping hiring Coordinators he couldn't trust to make gusty plays throughout the game. Not just in desperate times. Got lucky with Rossi that literally saved his career at Minnesota. Then went out and hire this stupid OC who totally broken TM, other QBs and passing games. Pathetic. How on earth can you lose to mighty BG ? What a waste of senior class. Then he and his OC will claim next year is rebuild year.

I'm all about punting there as well. Ferentz would've takena 5 yard delay and punted. But man GHers talk out both sides of their mouth a LOT. Fleck punted from that same spot against Wisc in 2019 and we heard about it for MONTHS, literally. Every time he goes for it and fails he's an idiot. Every time he doesn't go for it he's an idiot. Kick a FG and he's an idiot. Personally, I thought it wsa stupid to kick there, but Fleck was FAR from the reason MN lost this game.

I'm all about punting there as well. Ferentz would've takena 5 yard delay and punted. But man GHers talk out both sides of their mouth a LOT. Fleck punted from that same spot against Wisc in 2019 and we heard about it for MONTHS, literally. Every time he goes for it and fails he's an idiot. Every time he doesn't go for it he's an idiot. Kick a FG and he's an idiot. Personally, I thought it wsa stupid to kick there, but Fleck was FAR from the reason MN lost this game.
Kicking FG on that down with the way Iowa is playing is called the act of desperation with a touch of lunacy. it is not coaching.
"He is FAR from the reason MN lost this game"
Who chooses the current OC ? Who is QB coach? Who made the ultimate decision to play TM ? Who? Who? Who? Anyone even responsible these days?

That’s not true.

That was 4th and 2 from the 37.

Yes he never learns. Keeping hiring Coordinators he couldn't trust to make gusty plays throughout the game. Not just in desperate times. Got lucky with Rossi that literally saved his career at Minnesota. Then went out and hire this stupid OC ....
a lot of this comes from hiring a younger coach from a non-P5 conference who is more flash than substance. Fleck does not have a deep network of possible assistants to draw on and many who might come to the Gophs think twice about the personality driven approach to program management.

a lot of this comes from hiring a younger coach from a non-P5 conference who is more flash than substance. Fleck does not have a deep network of possible assistants to draw on and many who might come to the Gophs think twice about the personality driven approach to program management.
That's why he needs someone with good OC experience to help him out. The current one just not cutting it. He is more of PJ Starbuck carrier.

your a dumb ass

Kicking FG on that down with the way Iowa is playing is called the act of desperation with a touch of lunacy. it is not coaching.
"He is FAR from the reason MN lost this game"
Who chooses the current OC ? Who is QB coach? Who made the ultimate decision to play TM ? Who? Who? Who? Anyone even responsible these days?
I'm not gonna get in a pi$$ing match because we're all mad and sad and arguing does nothing, but I'll just say again that I thought the players lost today. The FG was a stupid decision and is on Fleck. The OC has been bad at times, but he was fine today. They gained 400 yards of offense and shredded Iowa on the ground. They mixed in the pass well IMO, but Morgan just didn't complete enough of them. You can say Fleck should've replaced Morgan, and fine...nobody can prove one way or another if it would make a difference. I wouldn't mind seeing Annexstad next week. But again, I put today on the players. If you put it on Fleck, that's fine.

I'm not gonna get in a pi$$ing match because we're all mad and sad and arguing does nothing, but I'll just say again that I thought the players lost today. The FG was a stupid decision and is on Fleck. The OC has been bad at times, but he was fine today. They gained 400 yards of offense and shredded Iowa on the ground. They mixed in the pass well IMO, but Morgan just didn't complete enough of them. You can say Fleck should've replaced Morgan, and fine...nobody can prove one way or another if it would make a difference. I wouldn't mind seeing Annexstad next week. But again, I put today on the players. If you put it on Fleck, that's fine.
How many touchdowns did we score?

Do these losses (BG,IL,IA) expose fleck as to him not being “elite” coach? I think so? For $5.0 million a year me and the wife would also like to make a life here

Spot on. Was the definition of PJ Fleck. No clue dude.

This is what I thought. I was actually impressed with the new twists added to the running game. Even the receivers seemed to get open more often (not enough) but either Morgan couldn't hit them or they dropped the ball. The defensive game plan seemed solid but the players gave up two huge touchdowns on individual screw ups. Regarding the FGs vs. going for it, the passing game has sucked balls this year. They can't go for it on 4th and medium or long when in FG range. Yes, that is frustrating but it is what it is as long as Morgan is playing.

The Gophers were doing some new things in the first half - the short pitch handoffs that had the Hawk defense confused as to direction of the play. They even did some up-tempo (they should do a lot more - all those here who complain about the long counts are right - get momentum and keep it going). Problem was the Gophers couldn't pass to keep moving in close and ended up with field goals instead of TDs.

Our receivers don't get open. Bateman and Johnson were always getting open and it made it easier to pass, Now it looks like Morgan is steering his passes into tight spots as opposed to firing a pass confidently to an open receiver.

I’ve always liked PJ. He can fuck off now. Absolutely diabolical play calling. 1 win in 5 years against rivals. I hope some chump of a program hires him so we can move on. Coyle is too brainless to fire him

Sleep it off, pal.

When you play Iowa, you go for the nutsack. It's war, not a walk in the park. We don't want a scripted QB play by Sanford Jr. Don't leave anything at the table.

Fleck makes some of the worst in-game decisions I have ever seen from a coach who I actually support. It is the most glaring weakness in his overall coaching. He does a lot of things right but just can't grasp the in-game flow that all great coaches seem to have. The great ones always seem to make the correct decisions in game. That 53 yard FG had such an incredibly low percentage of success. Brutal decision and a huge factor in the L.
He desperately needs an in game strategy / analytics coach along with a new OC and new QB.

Our receivers don't get open. Bateman and Johnson were always getting open and it made it easier to pass, Now it looks like Morgan is steering his passes into tight spots as opposed to firing a pass confidently to an open receiver.
I dunno, I keep seeing at least one guy open on the route. Tanner is late on the ball and that results in over throws, sacks, and often turnovers. Heck the guy was wide open in the end zone but he doesn’t pull the trigger. Even Laurenitis talked about MBS being wide open and Tanner missed him. A number of times CrAB was open and then Tanner waits to throw and then he’s covered up by then and throws too late. I’m not saying that TJ and Bateman were not more open but that certainly could be more scheme related too.

Top Bottom