FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

Is this like the time I read on here that the Board of Regents voted to keep Clayes 10-2?

If Fleck starts out his press conference with "Get that dadgum chili hot" I'm going to start a riot up here in Brainerd.
Or starts spewing out how he's going bring Big 10 championships and National titles to dinky town like Brewster did.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Or starts spewing out how he's going bring Big 10 championships and National titles to dinky town like Brewster did.

Brewster had plenty of faults, verbalizing his goal to bring Big 10 championships to Dinky Town was NOT one of them.

Gopher Nation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Kill said yesterday...paraphrasing...You don't fire somebody without knowing who their replacement is. Remember, I know people! Coyle has been talking to people before he fired Tracy.
So, that to me makes a Fleck hire this quickly seem definitely possible. Maybe just a question of ironing out terms...obviously if they have met two days in a row..it's in line to happen.

The Crew team has been asked to assemble. It's going to be a grand entrance.

Brewster had plenty of faults, verbalizing his goal to bring Big 10 championships to Dinky Town was NOT one of them.
The first press conference can tell a lot about a coach and Brewster couldn't back up what he said. Kill did.

Those are pretty strong accusations. Do you have any evidence to support them?

Again you're struggling to differentiate between things intended to be taken as facts vs. things that are just normal message board banter. You should really take a course on that.

Hope he has an ironclad contract if he gets bad emails and loses to Wisconsin...again.

Wasn't Salem on a billboard with a rose stem in his mouth? (I might be just delirious from being on this computer the last couple of days.)

if true how soon after "shortly" does the Ghole meltdown start?

How about now?. #notmycoach

Just kidding. I just want to move on.

#coacheslivesmatter

This is true. Every leader has to have goals. It was "how" he said it. Jerry said the same thing, as did Tracy. Tracy said we would be competing for Big10 Championships every year. Why wouldn't we want a coach with those goals?

The difference is Jerry didn't say it like he thought it would happen tomorrow. He said it would be a process. Whatever coach comes here is going to be a lot closer to Big 10 Championships than when Kill came because of the work of Kill, Claeys and staff. The "sky is falling" people have to relax - there are a lot of good players still here, and the right coach will not have a mass exodus.

"If you want to get some, you gotta bring some"

I'll believe this ONLY when westcoastgopher gets a phone call or text.

He was. I was a very little kid, but can remember him being on the side of buses as well. The difference is then it had been less than 20 years since the Gophers had been there.

Oops - this was in response to statement by "fan of ray..." about Joe Salem having rose in teeth.

This much I agree with. Having a piece of Rose Bowl turf shipped to Minnesota, keeping it alive and keeping that in the locker room. Now that part was a little much.

I would say Fleck is the best we could hope for...I wonder how much he held out for as far as money and term of contract. I hope he stuck it to the U good and hard. Coyle has no idea how much money plays a role in how athletics is perceived at the U by the BoR, press, fans and just general public.

That said, lets get moving forward. Sad to say that rooting for Fleck and the team is rooting for the AD (who I am disgusted by) but as with all things in life...the hard work of many often rewards some scumbags who just sit on the pile and collect the big check.

You do realize that "sticking to the U" is really sticking to almost everyone on here that supports financially the U of MN right???

How long until we get a Fire PJ Fleck webpage?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom