FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

Nothing a bottle of Don Julio couldn't fix I guess. :)

I'm excited about the possible hire of Fleck because I think the recruits will respond well to his personality and enthusiasm. I still think Coach Claeys got corn-holed by the Administration.

I just had a Deja-Vu moment. Replace Fleck with Brewster. And Claeys with Mason.

If Fleck is such a miracle worker, maybe he can go to the rehab facility after the press conference and heal Sid's hip.

I just had a Deja-Vu moment. Replace Fleck with Brewster. And Claeys with Mason.

Can't use that word in a sentence like that. Confused the hell out of me. I kept seeing you downtown, looking at the stage...

Tim Brewster was such a train wreck that he's made 90% of Gopher fans hate good recruiters that have energy. If Brewster had been able to coach and develop players at just an average rate, he would have been great. Give Fleck a shot (if he's actually our new coach).

Tim Brewster was such a train wreck that he's made 90% of Gopher fans hate good recruiters that have energy. If Brewster had been able to coach and develop players at just an average rate, he would have been great. Give Fleck a shot (if he's actually our new coach).

Yep. Recency bias at its finest.

Go Gophers!!

Wasn't there a close, reliable source saying Claeys job was safe? Just sayin'.

Yes and Claeys said just yesterday that Coyle told him after the Northwestern game that him and his staff were gonna stay.

Yes and Claeys said just yesterday that Coyle told him after the Northwestern game that him and his staff were gonna stay.

Were several articles in the press as well.

Western's beat writer tweeted out 40 minutes ago that he was still confident that Fleck was staying in Kalamazoo... for what it's worth:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like there are reports of meetings yesterday in Chicago, and meetings today as well. If so, that's a really strong sign it's him. The other contacts were due diligence, contingency plans, and straight up rumors.

How quickly after listening to the salesman charm them will the players forget they miss Coach Claeys?

I'm worried that Fleck will leave for Notre Dame, and De Ja Vu will repeat itself all over again. Yeah that was nice getting jobbed by that former coach and Notre Dame. Best for PJ to avoid Deja Vu, Seville, or Ricks or any of the other fine establishments in town that Kaler likes to frequent.

Best for PJ to avoid Deja Vu, Seville, or Ricks or any of the other fine establishments in town that Kaler likes to frequent.

Those are pretty strong accusations. Do you have any evidence to support them?

Seriously though, how much "legs" does this have? No offense to the OP, but I'd love just a little more background on his "sources." If it's a player in the know, or someone from the M Club, etc, then say so. There are a lot of dudes on Twitter with less than 100 followers saying their "sources" are saying the same thing!!

Sounds like there are reports of meetings yesterday in Chicago, and meetings today as well. If so, that's a really strong sign it's him. The other contacts were due diligence, contingency plans, and straight up rumors.

It's a strong sign they want Fleck. That much seems obvious. Now getting him to agree to come here is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that was confusion more than anything else, as was pointed out in earlier posts.

There are a lot of dudes on Twitter with less than 100 followers saying their "sources" are saying the same thing!!

It's likely many of them are using this thread as their source. Could be the ol' fake news cycle at work (or it could be real ... we'll see).

15 min, there is always one guy in the bathroom who has to be brought up to speed.

Always that guy.

No, there's always the one guy (Dean Johnson) that goes out for a drink of water and needs to be brought up to speed.

this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minutes.

7-minute-abs-o.gif

Top Bottom