Fleck and Assistant Bump in Pay

Love the NIL comments. I know how NIL is funded and am an active member. It was sarcasm.

When you have student athletes making more than the average fan, Public Universities getting multi million dollar tv contacts and coaching making millions of dollars and you are begging the fans to give more money so you can BUY players - it has stopped being anything close to amateur sports. It is the NFL.

Do you care about how well KOC mentors and develops Vikings players? No. He is judged on W/L.

We need Electronic pull tabs or split raffle for NIL for DTA. How do we get goal line club, a bar or legion and Etabs, or bingo going for charitable works, do some good like donations but funnel some money to the athletes. Probably doesnt work with tax rules. Looks like UCLA interest was real.
100% wish this were possible. I'm assuming there are road blocks, but the Wilfs are laughing all the way to the bank with what they've done for US Bank stadium.

100% wish this were possible. I'm assuming there are road blocks, but the Wilfs are laughing all the way to the bank with what they've done for US Bank stadium.
Every City has different rules on how they regulate. In MN any registered non profit can apply to do charitable gaming.

Some Cities only allow organizations in their city to do charitable gaming. Others allow anyone.

Here is what funds can be used for.
  • Expenditure by or contribution to a 501(c)(3) organization or a 501(c)(4) festival organization
  • Contributions to relieve poverty, disability, or homelessness
  • Compulsive gambling treatment
  • Scholarships and contributions to educational institutions
  • Recognition of humanitarian or military service
  • Recreational and athletic facilities primarily for young people
  • Property taxes on gambling premises
  • Contributions to government
  • Contributions to or expenditures by a religious institution
  • Snowmobiles and ATV trails and wildlife management projects
  • Food shelves and dining programs primarily for older persons
  • Community arts organizations and programs
  • Utilities for veterans’ organization buildings
  • Recognition dinners for veterans, up to $5,000 per organization annually

Where's the NIL money coming from for the Gophers? I don't see how they can remain competitive when they start losing players for greener NIL pastures.

Top Bottom