Favorite drink/alcohol and food for watching gopher games

SanDiegoGopherFan

Reaction score
For games I like to start a little dirty, get me some PBRs, then switch over to some irish whiskey with ginger ale. I'm a big fan of Bushmills.

For food if i'm at home, I'll have some chips and salsa to snack on. Big fan of tostitos with lime and for the salsa, Mateos salsa from Costco is soooo good. Then order some Carbone's pepperoni pizza. if i'm at a bar, can't go wrong with nachos and a burger.

I drink primarily beer. Depends on game time but generally start with something hoppy (Foggy Geezer, Fair State, Portage, etc) and roll with that. If its a big game will crack a nice stout or Barleywine. This is all at home of course. Food either Casey’s or nachos/chips/salsa

At games the Drew’s fresh popcorn extra butter. I bring in a carbonated water illegally because non-soda and beer options are awful at the barn. I love Bubbl’r, great little caffeinated water. If I drink anything there usually have a beer or two. Summit preferred. Surly is dead to me.

Left Hand Milk Stout and chicken wings with Caribbean Jerk sauce. Throw in a pizza with everything on it as well.

For games I like to start a little dirty, get me some PBRs, then switch over to some irish whiskey with ginger ale. I'm a big fan of Bushmills.

For food if i'm at home, I'll have some chips and salsa to snack on. Big fan of tostitos with lime and for the salsa, Mateos salsa from Costco is soooo good. Then order some Carbone's pepperoni pizza. if i'm at a bar, can't go wrong with nachos and a burger.
At home - whatever we have in!
At the games they used to have the best Chicago dog. Don’t know why it has not been on the menu in the last year or 2. Hope it comes back as it was one of the best in town! Otherwise I settle for a hot dog with mustard and onions or Famous Dave’s barbecue sandwich. We miss Campus Pizza on Washington Ave., our regular stop , in years past!

I drink primarily beer. Depends on game time but generally start with something hoppy (Foggy Geezer, Fair State, Portage, etc) and roll with that. If its a big game will crack a nice stout or Barleywine. This is all at home of course. Food either Casey’s or nachos/chips/salsa

At games the Drew’s fresh popcorn extra butter. I bring in a carbonated water illegally because non-soda and beer options are awful at the barn. I love Bubbl’r, great little caffeinated water. If I drink anything there usually have a beer or two. Summit preferred. Surly is dead to me.

All very good options. For big games I love being at the bars, though being at home lets me yell at my screen as loud as I want and not be worried of getting tossed out of the bar if knock down a chair.

Never had Drews fresh popcorn. haha, I've snuck some mini liquor bottles from time to time. Not a fan of Surley, Summit is good. Though a nice heff is great in the warmer days

At home - whatever we have in!
At the games they used to have the best Chicago dog. Don’t know why it has not been on the menu in the last year or 2. Hope it comes back as it was one of the best in town! Otherwise I settle for a hot dog with mustard and onions or Famous Dave’s barbecue sandwich. We miss Campus Pizza on Washington Ave., our regular stop , in years past!

Chicago dogs are so good. Haven't had one in forever. In San Diego theres a place called Daddys hot dogs, their Seattle Dog and Chicago Dogs are some of the best.

hot dogs.jpg

I usually buy a bottle of bourbon and try to make it last the season. Depending on the stress level the bottle becomes two.

i also throw in some popcorn into the Whirly pop.

I usually buy a bottle of bourbon and try to make it last the season. Depending on the stress level the bottle becomes two.

i also throw in some popcorn into the Whirly pop.
For the less cultured, some Jameson and Vernors Ginger Ale will do nicely.

Those nachos at the twins games are always really good. That would be delicious during these state tournament games

That popcorn 🥰

All of those are an abomination. Dog, bun, nothing else. If the dog and bun are good enough, nothing else is needed. @me
No mustard?? ☹

When we did concessions at my daughter's softball games, I'd take two dogs, put them on one bun, cover it with nacho cheese sauce, and crumble potato chips over the top. Yeah.

No mustard?? ☹

When we did concessions at my daughter's softball games, I'd take two dogs, put them on one bun, cover it with nacho cheese sauce, and crumble potato chips over the top. Yeah.
Heathen

I’ve always thought you were kind of a tool poster, and you go and prove it with your Tostitos with lime. Haha! I kid, but only a little. 🤣🤣

Deer summer sausage, crackers, cheddar, and beer. Maybe some pickled pike (if I still have any left). Irish whiskey if the season is rough.

What’s the beef with surly?

Probably my four most common foods during a Gopher game are Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia,
pizza or apple pie or popcorn. Lol (Those would all be on different days)
Once in awhile grillin' steaks at halftime.
At the game: popcorn and Famous Dave's pulled pork sandwich.
The barn rockin' at a deafening sound level is an all time top 10 experience with the rouser thrown in for emphasis when everyone is fired up and participating at the top of their lungs. We didn't even win some of the nights it was awesome entertainment.

What’s the beef with surly?
The beer has declined, questionable management decisions and honestly lots of better run breweries with better beer. Surly has excellent food though.

Top Bottom