Faalele not returning next year per coy Fleck comment on KFAN Noon show today

Triple D

Reaction score
Didn't say it was official announced yet but reading between the lines He Gone, good luck in the NFL Big Fella!

Not shocking but thought it was worth a thread ..... I wonder if Zack Annexstad thinks about moving on now that Dunlap, Faalele and Brock Annexstad are all gone from when he came in.

Didn't say it was official announced yet but reading between the lines He Gone, good luck in the NFL Big Fella!

Not shocking but thought it was worth a thread ..... I wonder if Zack Annexstad thinks about moving on now that Dunlap, Faalele and Brock Annexstad are all gone from when he came in.
Maybe he‘s going to be the OC next year, and that’s why he won’t be available on the line?

That was an interesting end to the show today. It gave us a pretty good idea of what the OL will look like next year. It sounds like they are hoping to get Ruschmeyer back for another year, and Andries sounds like a coin flip. A potential starting line would look like this:

LT - Aireontae Ersery - RS SO
LG - Axel Ruschmeyer - RS SR
C - Nathan Boe - RS SR or Karter Shaw RS SR
RG - Karter Shaw RS SR or Austin Beier RS SR
RT - JJ Guedet - RS JR or Tyrell Lawrence RS SO

If Andries came back he could play either RG or RT.

All have been in college at least 3 years, most 4 or 5+. Ersery, Boe, and Guedet all started in the win at Nebraska last year.

Last edited:

He will definitely be a mid/late rounder unless someone really thinks they can fix his mechanics. He did not help his draft status this year imo but best of luck to him if he’s truly moving on

He looks like more of a project right now than anything. He's got a lot to work on, especially in pass blocking.

Why would Zack wait around to start (again) for 3 seasons only to peace out because a couple guys he went to far-away boarding high school with for one year are moving on to other things?

Why would Zack wait around to start (again) for 3 seasons only to peace out because a couple guys he went to far-away boarding high school with for one year are moving on to other things?
Maybe because they all came to play together and he'll be the only one left and still isn't seeing a hint of the field, that's kinda discouraging.

If the team finishes strong I could see 3 OLine guys getting all conference recognition.
No skill position players on offense though unless you could award the RB group.

Reminds me of Sentral (sp) Henderson in a sense.

No clue but just guessing that this is going to be a really crowded draft pool with all the super seniors in college football this year. Might be part of the reason why Blaise would come back for another year.
Good point. Didn't think of the flooded pool. I hope Andries comes back from me as a fan more of anything. But if Dan goes, I wish nothing but the best for him. He sure brought a lot of vision to the U if nothing more than being the most humongous person in college football. It brought press to the U. If he goes pro, that's even better - for both parties. Good luck young man whatever your decision!!!!

Saw some players at other schools are starting to get Senior Bowl invitations.

Big Dan has been a contributor and I have no complaints.

That offered, I don't think the Gophers were able to advance him to where he could be...he's worth a shot for an NFL team willing to further coach him up.

Will always remember the GT bowl game pancake. Classic griddle cake.

Last edited:

Faalele is a 2nd or 3rd round guy at the latest, unless he shows an apathy to playing in the NFL. He is an impressive athlete for his size and his only issue was picking up blitzes and a occasional speed rush that came from way outside. Both things are correctable with his size and speed and some NFL teams will reward that. You can't coach what he has and the fact he is a good kid is also appealing. I think 1st round is a little high, as he can't start right away. However, a 2nd or 3rd for a guy who could be a 15 year starter at tackle is an easy pick.

Faalele is a 2nd or 3rd round guy at the latest, unless he shows an apathy to playing in the NFL. He is an impressive athlete for his size and his only issue was picking up blitzes and a occasional speed rush that came from way outside. Both things are correctable with his size and speed and some NFL teams will reward that. You can't coach what he has and the fact he is a good kid is also appealing. I think 1st round is a little high, as he can't start right away. However, a 2nd or 3rd for a guy who could be a 15 year starter at tackle is an easy pick.
He's a 4-5th rounder at the earliest, he's an NFL project.

He's a 4-5th rounder at the earliest, he's an NFL project.
Disagree. He is going to be a bit of project which might keep him out of the first round. But the NFL loves measurables and a guy like Faalele will be way too tough for teams to pass on. A OT with his size and athletic ability is going to get a ton of attention and I will be shocked if he lasts past day 2. If he blows teams away at the combine there is definitely a chance he ends up in the first round.

Guys his size just don't come around all that often.

I will stick with my prediction I made 3 years ago - Faalele will spend more time in the WWE than he does the NFL........ I saw this coming a long time ago!!!

Top Bottom