***Exhibition Gameday Thread - New Look Gophers VS Concordia St.Paul****

GopherBlood777

Reaction score
It's everyone's first official look at the team under Ben Johnson. This game won't tell us how they will fare against greater competition, but they should ideally be able to run their system without too much resistance. I hope to see better shooting, ball movement, commitment on defense, and of course.... Several dozen hi-fives!

You're f'n with some juju here. New roles don't have to include us here on GH.

That being said:

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not stepping on your mojo Stan!! I figured there was no harm for an exhibition game, I assure you I will not do this during the regular season. : ) Go Gophers!

Just BTN+. You need a cable/satellite/streaming log-in to access regular BTN programming.
Does Big+ get you access to all Gopher games on BTN/BTN+ or just those on BTN+?

Go Gophers!!
You can pick monthly for one team all sports, entire conference all sports, or entire conference one sport. From using it last year, the only games you can watch live are the ones televised on BTN+, however you have access to a recording of every game the following day.

Yikes. I think I'll stick with two months of MN only.
If I were already paying for some kind of cable subscription with they typical sports package I likely would have only done the monthly for the time they have games on the network.

Folks it's a scrimmage. Anyone play in a scrimmage where the coaches interrupt the flow of the play for instructions. These scrimmages are not games.

Folks it's a scrimmage. Anyone play in a scrimmage where the coaches interrupt the flow of the play for instructions. These scrimmages are not games.
What makes you think that's going to happen tonight? I've never seen an exhibition game that wasn't played by all the normal rules/timing.

I’ve watched every game, exhibition or otherwise, for the last few years. I will not be watching this one. Just zero interest in this team or regime so far.

Huh? There will be no coach interruptions in this. This isn't a 7th grade travel scrimmage. This is an exhibition, with real jerseys and everything.

Go Gophers!!

I’ve watched every game, exhibition or otherwise, for the last few years. I will not be watching this one. Just zero interest in this team or regime so far.
Interesting....I know some high school basketball coaches who hope and think this regime has a good chance to be successful.

Anyone else having trouble buying a subscription to BTN plus?
I've been banking on Reddit to come through for me with a link (free). Not looking good so far tho unfortunately, so may have to give BTN+ a go again this year.

On another note - if the play-by-play and commentary this year is like that in the past from BTN+, 8 year old ForecastingAWin might have had a shot at becoming an announcer afterall!

I doubt I will make every game a priority this year, but I’m interested in seeing where this all begins. Also a tad curious to see how Peyton Willis and TT look.

I’m also planning on cashing in a favor and leaving the kiddo at home with mom next Tuesday so I can catch Game 1 in person. Just in case BJ turns out to be the next Coach K, ya know :)

Huh? There will be no coach interruptions in this. This isn't a 7th grade travel scrimmage. This is an exhibition, with real jerseys and everything.

Go Gophers!!
And full ticket prices, I assume!

I'm curious, if Ben was being interviewed by Paul Allen, they both caught on fire and you had only one bucket of water....

Top Bottom