Ex-WI LB Borland: 15 guys lined up for injections

swingman

Reaction score
' I saw, you know, a line of our upperclassmen with their pants to their knees just waiting to get their Toradol injection. And I didn’t know this at 18, I thought, ‘Oh my God, these 15 upperclassmen starters are taking steroids before the game.’

' I saw, you know, a line of our upperclassmen with their pants to their knees just waiting to get their Toradol injection. And I didn’t know this at 18, I thought, ‘Oh my God, these 15 upperclassmen starters are taking steroids before the game.’

Ouch. He is certainly not an ad for college football.

So I guess there was something to those steroid rumors after all...

Torodol is an NSAID like ibuprofen. It's not a steroid.

That said, college kids taking torodol regularly is likely not good for long term health and kidney function

I just binged the 3-episode series last night. It is quite good, I recommend it to any who are interested in it.

Anyway, to echo what others were saying ..... he merely was saying that at the time he was a freshman, he mistakenly thought the players were getting injected with steroids.

Also, Hernandez in a phone call claimed that teams in the NFL would only give Toradol to guys with serious injuries, but the Patriots gave it to him every game.

More info about it: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/what-is-toradol-ketorolac-nsaid-pain-reliever/

At least for a simple Google search, it does not appear to be a banned substance in the NFL or NCAA.

NFL lawsuit: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/28/n...ers-nflpa-union-team-doctor-conflict-interest

In the story, the Wisconsin athletic department says they administer Toradol orally...which begs the question, what were they injecting?

The NS in NSAID stands for NON STEROIDAL. Toradol is an injectable Naproxen like drug that MAY be harmful to the kidneys if one is dehydrated when it is given.
Borland has an axe to grind because he quit the NFL early to avoid lasting body and brain injuries and thinks everyone else is a fool not to do the same and there is no concern on the part of coaches , trainers or team physicians for the long term health problems of athletes in college and especially the NFL.
He well may be correct in his judgements.
There is not a shred of evidence the WI athletic department injected androgenic steroids to any of its athletes.
It may please some MN fans to have an explanation other than talent and coaching for the WI domination in football and basketball over the last decades but it is simply not true.

The NS in NSAID stands for NON STEROIDAL. Toradol is an injectable Naproxen like drug that MAY be harmful to the kidneys if one is dehydrated when it is given.
Borland has an axe to grind because he quit the NFL early to avoid lasting body and brain injuries and thinks everyone else is a fool not to do the same and there is no concern on the part of coaches , trainers or team physicians for the long term health problems of athletes in college and especially the NFL.
I think the point is not whether the drug is harmful, but the fact that they are playing through injuries that they should be resting, but with the help of drugs are playing through pain.

I think the point is not whether the drug is harmful, but the fact that they are playing through injuries that they should be resting, but with the help of drugs are playing through pain.
Yeah you know like ... your BRAIN.

Hernandez ... Junior Seau ... on and on and on

The placebo and related expectations effect is powerful. Borland like some others may start to think his various aches and pains, mental fog, depression, anxiety and other ravages of age are a progressive and ultimately fatal neurodegenerative disease rather than common ailments of AGE syndrome. Is it a disservice to frighten millions of football and other sports survivors they are destined to descend into madness?

To my knowledge the genetic susceptibility to very rare CTE has not been beaten from the bushes yet and perhaps the interested parties are not interested to know for various reasons. Are there any updates on the epidemiology of CTE in former players?

Pretty sure it is scientific fact that even repeated sub-concussive blows your the head can cause CTE.

Your attempt to gaslight, simply for your own entertainment to provoke needless arguing, is on the same level as the tobacco industry.

There is not a shred of evidence the WI athletic department injected androgenic steroids to any of its athletes.
It may please some MN fans to have an explanation other than talent and coaching for the WI domination in football and basketball over the last decades but it is simply not true.

Relax, most of us are actually defending your Badgers to some degree on this one.

Your life must be wonderful when you monitor your rival team's message board for any hint of an insult.

Toradol was designed to relieve severe post-surgical pain. It’s been abused in the NFL for years and likely drove the kidney failure of Steelers OG Chris Kemoeatu. Here’s a good article about it.

They would line up for this, but no way would they take steroids! LMAO

I can't stand Wisconsin but I bet most teams give their players Toradol. Many NFL players take it before games and it's not anything they try to hide. I don't know why college teams wouldn't either.

I would be surprised if the Gophers didn't give quite a few players Toradol too. Probably not great for your body but football in general isn't good for your body.

I guess it's a good thing for us if it makes the Badgers look bad but it's a part of football and not necessarily a bad thing. It's meant to kill short-term pain which is how it is generally being used by teams.

I can somewhat related to this. I would take around 1000 milligrams of ibuprofen before every soccer game in high school Junior and senior year just so I could play through the knee pain I had. Just wasn't getting it injected.? It's really not that uncommon.

Pretty sure it is scientific fact that even repeated sub-concussive blows your the head can cause CTE.

Your attempt to gaslight, simply for your own entertainment to provoke needless arguing, is on the same level as the tobacco industry.

I don’t think the word quite means what you think it does. We’re talking about actual science and numbers, not sensationalism.

That’s pretty funny coming from one of the most hotheaded coaches out there (even when things are going well).

Yeah you know like ... your BRAIN.

Hernandez ... Junior Seau ... on and on and on
I am not sure that Herandez started out with CTE there was always some issue with trouble in his life. before he lost his father I am sure if they studied his brain he would have had some form of CTE but still unless he was inflicted with CTE at an early age his problems should not be blamed on head injuries

Nothing like having your coach yell at you "settle the f__k down" to help you settle the f__k down.

Yeah, that phrase always seems to work so well with my wife, children, and co-workers too. The clip shows cleary who exactly needs the settling down.

Top Bottom