Even with poor non-conference slate, 21 wins should get the Gophers a ticket to the Madness

West Virginia went 7-11 in big 12 last year and got in.

The only thing that matters is the entire body of work and how strong your wins and losses are.

It’s why mid majors win 18 conference games all the time and don’t sniff the tournament.
Our body of work is better with 20 conference games because we all know CBJ would have scheduled a couple of more Bethune Cookmans if we only played 18 in the Big Ten.

Catching the Buckeyes at a good time. I like playing a team after they just logged a major upset. My money's on OSU will be flat. Throw an early punch and see how they respond.

Would have prefered them to continue falling apart rather than grab some confidence right before coming in.....but we'll see. Gophers know not to look past them.....not that they should against any conference team......but it may have been easy to do with OSU free falling and just losing their coach.

Purdue went down.

Now Ohio State is slathered with sweet sauce for the tasty meal Thursday.

I'll give you credit, unlike these idiots you've at least been delusional from the beginning
Didn't you say they would win 10 games this season? Who are you paying your bet to?

Catching the Buckeyes at a good time. I like playing a team after they just logged a major upset. My money's on OSU will be flat. Throw an early punch and see how they respond.
I think they circled the wagons on this one and will revert to the mean pretty quickly. Not exactly our Iron Five moment, bu similar. Those things typically crumble pretty fast after the inspiring first win.

I think they circled the wagons on this one and will revert to the mean pretty quickly. Not exactly our Iron Five moment, bu similar. Those things typically crumble pretty fast after the inspiring first win.
Purdue has played lackluster in the past few games. I expect OSU to be over confident, will revert back to crap bball. Guard their Point guard and we should be ok. Although I do like their interim Coach...he really coached them up on Sunday.

If we can get through this Thursday against OSU, that Sunday game at NEB will be HUGE - Win that and we are squarely in discussion.

OSU won't be a breeze though.
Hold up......been told here osu sucks. Many times. Which is it?

I'll give you credit, unlike these idiots you've at least been delusional from the beginning
Ah yes...idiots. You are definitely sounding legit now!

And yes, that you think a team in year 3 that turned over its (rather bad) roster completely just a couple years ago would be hoping to make the NIT is is somehow rock bottom is an embarrassing take imho.

Hold up......been told here osu sucks. Many times. Which is it?
They have plenty of high end talent on their team- check the recruiting profiles. Talent doesn’t necessarily = a winning team.
Savvy?

SS - Your take may be on another thread, if so, my apologies. What do you think the Gophs have to do at this point? Would 4 - 2 and semi's of BIG tourney do or do they need to do more? Thanks
4-2 not good enough. The non-conference schedule would be too much to overcome if they land right on the bubble.

5-1 but 1 of the wins has to be Illinois.

5-1 with a loss to Illinois? 2 wins in Big Ten Tournament vs. some combination of Illinois/MSU/Nebraska/Northwestern/Wisconsin.

Last edited:

4-2 not good enough. The non-conference schedule would be too much to overcome if they land right on the bubble.

5-1 with a loss to Illinois? 2 wins vs. some combination of Illinois/MSU/Nebraska/Northwestern/Wisconsin.
Thanks

5-1 with a loss to Illinois? 2 wins in Big Ten Tournament vs. some combination of Illinois/MSU/Nebraska/Northwestern/Wisconsin.
Another honest question. Close losses. Do the close losses to Purdue on the road, whyowa on the road, commies at home, Missouri at home: help, hurt, or is it mathematics only? Meaning does the acceptance committee care about the closeness of a high rated loss vs low rated losses or not? I know it was a shit out of conference schedule, but really only 1 disgusting game against SF. If they are 1 game over in the Big before the tournament, what do think? 2 wins in the tourney gets a prom invitation?

Top Bottom