ESPN: Sources: Jim Harbaugh accepts head coaching job with Chargers

Yep. Loved watching them too.

Was John Hadle (sp?) Alworth's primary QB?
I think so, but don’t bet your 🏠 on it.

He had a great career and ended up coaching as well -

I'm still trying to come to grips with this whole Minnesota North Stars to Dallas development. 😉 😥
Plus the Lakers...they at least could have changed the names.

Fleck would give his left nut to get the Michigan Wolverines job. A lot of guy's would. There is no chance Row the boat would fit with Go Blue and Hail to the Victor's.
I've said it before on another thread, but this morning I re-asked my Michigan booster buddy (he and his family are MAJOR donors to athletics and the university) about Fleck as Harbaugh's successor. His response? "No fucking way is he coaching at Michigan." Sherrone Moore is getting that job.

I think you really need "national-level stature" to be considered to coach at Michigan.

Maybe P.J. had that after the 2019 season. I really don't think this year's 6-7 record and Quick Lane victory added to P.J.'s lusture or stature nationally.

P.J. is a good coach and I am glad to have him at Dinkytown. The chances of him going to Ann Arbor, not so much......

Over/under 3 seasons before Jim implodes & is shown the door? Do pro football players enjoy sleep-overs?

Plus the Lakers...they at least could have changed the names.
That one is before my time.

I do appreciate that the Lakers at least acknowledge their MPLS legacy with banners for their Championships and also recently hanging #99 in the rafters for George Mikan.

What? He’s like 45-20 or something like that in the NFL. Seriously where do you come up with this? No offense
Ever since he left the NFL he has gotten stranger and stranger at Michigan. I agree he can coach but if pulls some of the stuff he has at Michigan he might lose some of his veteran leaders.

Hey look everyone who predicted he would bolt for the NFL every year for 5 years finally got it right!

Ever since he left the NFL he has gotten stranger and stranger at Michigan. I agree he can coach but if pulls some of the stuff he has at Michigan he might lose some of his veteran leaders.
I think it's abundantly clear, no matter his quirks, that he can coach. Just has to look inside his own family, to brother John, to see what works in NFL. I actually predict a pretty long future with him and Chargers.

I've said it before on another thread, but this morning I re-asked my Michigan booster buddy (he and his family are MAJOR donors to athletics and the university) about Fleck as Harbaugh's successor. His response? "No fucking way is he coaching at Michigan." Sherrone Moore is getting that job.
I could have told you the same thing and I've only been a MINOR donor to the University of Minnesota.

I think they might feel like they have to but I don't think they should.

It's a premier program and while Moore did an awesome job for 4 games, that really isn't a trial run at being a head coach. He did not have to build the team, build the culture, etc. If I were Michigan, I would want an established coach.

I can't fathom it would be Fleck.

The Brian Kelly stuff is interesting.
It could end up like Bobby Williams at Michigan State, looked like the right move at the time, but failed miserably.

Fleck would give his left nut to get the Michigan Wolverines job.
What are you basing this on? Just that it’s a helmet school with huge resources?

What I mean is, did Fleck grow up a huge Mich fan? He grew up in Chicago suburbs.

I don’t think that just because he got his head coaching start at Western means anything for any kind of special affinity for the state or its flagship universities.

Which FCS program's coach will be their new HC? Hearing Deion's interested in the position.

What are you basing this on? Just that it’s a helmet school with huge resources?

What I mean is, did Fleck grow up a huge Mich fan? He grew up in Chicago suburbs.

I don’t think that just because he got his head coaching start at Western means anything for any kind of special affinity for the state or its flagship universities.
I think it can be reasonably assumed he would be all over it for the cash and resources offered by Michigan. Don't think fandom has a lot to due with what jobs coaches would take but I could be wrong.

I think they might feel like they have to but I don't think they should.

It's a premier program and while Moore did an awesome job for 4 games, that really isn't a trial run at being a head coach. He did not have to build the team, build the culture, etc. If I were Michigan, I would want an established coach.

I can't fathom it would be Fleck.

The Brian Kelly stuff is interesting.
Under normal circumstances, I'd most likely agree. Until Michigan knows they won't get hit hard with sanctions, Moore seems to be a best option. Probably the best chance to retain players till the NCAA either does something or gives the all clear.

They can save money till then.

Under normal circumstances, I'd most likely agree. Until Michigan knows they won't get hit hard with sanctions, Moore seems to be a best option. Probably the best chance to retain players till the NCAA either does something or gives the all clear.

They can save money till then.
I see it similar to Ryan Day. To me Sherron is a great pick given NIL and players ability to transfer. Well known to the faithful and experienced with Michigan.

Good to hear because he'd be crazy not to leave if offered the job. There aren't many jobs better than a B1G job, but there are better jobs in the B1G and Michigan is obviously one of them.

Good to hear because he'd be crazy not to leave if offered the job. There aren't many jobs better than a B1G job, but there are better jobs in the B1G and Michigan is obviously one of them.
Depends on the circumstances. If they (Michigan) get hit hard with sanctions (somewhat doubtful), he (Coach Fleck)might be run out of town because of a less than stellar record while being handicapped by sanctions.

I really can't believe anybody on here thought Fleck was a serious candidate. I like Fleck, but he does NOT fit in as a Michigan Man.

I think it can be reasonably assumed he would be all over it for the cash and resources offered by Michigan. Don't think fandom has a lot to due with what jobs coaches would take but I could be wrong.
Cash, salary's for staff, NIL, just won National title. Even Kelly from LSU is interested and they are talent and resource rich. There isn't a good coach that would not jump at Michigan job just saying, even with sanctions.

Top Bottom