ESPN ranks Gophers' recruiting class 9th

"With that said, it is a very disturbing trend for me to see Rivals rank MNs three classes at # 17, #38 and #68 in the nation (approximate rankings). If that isn't a negative regression line than I don't remember my undergraduate statistics very well, but nonetheless, I don't like it. No question Brewster is losing momentum."

You sure Rivals has us at #68 and not #50? Still a step backwards, but I'm not 100% on your numbers.

I would love to hear how we are going to spin this one?! I love it how Brewster said: "Some guys just want to leave the state and there really isn't anything you can do about it."
That's crap! Seantrel and Beau Allen left because the Gopher football program is a mess, and getting worse and worse every season under that silly man trying to "coach" the team. I thought Brewster was a recruiting wizard? Why have his classes gotten worse and worse every season?

Big Gopher Fan = idiot

You call yourself a Big Gopher Fan

I would love to hear how we are going to spin this one?! I love it how Brewster said: "Some guys just want to leave the state and there really isn't anything you can do about it."
That's crap! Seantrel and Beau Allen left because the Gopher football program is a mess, and getting worse and worse every season under that silly man trying to "coach" the team. I thought Brewster was a recruiting wizard? Why have his classes gotten worse and worse every season?

Then how are you going to spin all the crap you keep posting?

"With that said, it is a very disturbing trend for me to see Rivals rank MNs three classes at # 17, #38 and #68 in the nation (approximate rankings). If that isn't a negative regression line than I don't remember my undergraduate statistics very well, but nonetheless, I don't like it. No question Brewster is losing momentum."

You sure Rivals has us at #68 and not #50? Still a step backwards, but I'm not 100% on your numbers.

I am sure you are right, it is probably Scout that had MN at 68 or so. I don't pay that close attention.

Regardless, I don't like the trend.

Of course, Gopher recruit rankings are 100% meaningless when they are high, but 100% accurate when they are low - and only the lowest one is 100% accurate of course.

This has nothing to do with the question that I asked, does it? You are simply too afraid to wake up and smell the crap that is Gopher football right now. The fact is, top level talent in the U's own back yard routinely skips town. But yes, keep telling yourself that the nation's No. 21 best tackle as the cornerstone of a recruiting class is going to turn things around.

I haven't seen anyone miss the point of a post more than this right here. This needs to be remembered for all time idiocy. How does listing the top in-state recruits missed by other programs not answer your question of top MN talent "skipping town?"

Let's keep feeding this troll.

Well, I have to admit my pinky actually hovered over the 'caps lock' key because I feel like yelling. But, cooler heads prevail.

BigGopherFan... in this thread you have characterized Gopher football as "crap" and a "mess". I'll be the first to say I'd like to see the team win the Big 10 and play in a BCS game. But, .500 seasons are not crap and they don't result in a mess. When you use terms like that, you lose me (and probably a lot more of your readers) as a knee-jerk uninformed spout. If you want to call the team "middle of the road" or express concern about reaching the next level, I'll listen. If you insist on characterizing "your" team as a "mess" when that clearly isn't the case - I'd suggest you line up on the Strib boards or tune your radio to KFAN to hear what you want to hear. I'd argue that you, and others like you do this program harm. Not in an obvious way, but a steady diet of over-inflated, unjustified negativity creates a constant drain and contributes to a long lasting seed that ultimately results in everything from empty stadium seats, to hometown recruits deciding to go elsewhere.

I'm somewhat concerned about the direction of the program, and I was sorry to see what I think is a dropoff in this year's recruiting class. I do think there is potential for the team to slip. I also feel there is potential to improve - and that is what I choose to cheer for. However, that is no where near the incorrect statement... "mess". This will be a big season for Gopher football under Tim Brewster.

I'm glad I just enjoy following the team, and pulling for them. I'd sure hate to be a BIG GOPHER FAN.

Cripes, Michigan has missed bowl games 2 yrs straight. I am cool with where the squad is at and hope for a better 2010.

Well, I have to admit my pinky actually hovered over the 'caps lock' key because I feel like yelling. But, cooler heads prevail.

BigGopherFan... in this thread you have characterized Gopher football as "crap" and a "mess". I'll be the first to say I'd like to see the team win the Big 10 and play in a BCS game. But, .500 seasons are not crap and they don't result in a mess. When you use terms like that, you lose me (and probably a lot more of your readers) as a knee-jerk uninformed spout. If you want to call the team "middle of the road" or express concern about reaching the next level, I'll listen. If you insist on characterizing "your" team as a "mess" when that clearly isn't the case - I'd suggest you line up on the Strib boards or tune your radio to KFAN to hear what you want to hear. I'd argue that you, and others like you do this program harm. Not in an obvious way, but a steady diet of over-inflated, unjustified negativity creates a constant drain and contributes to a long lasting seed that ultimately results in everything from empty stadium seats, to hometown recruits deciding to go elsewhere.

I'm somewhat concerned about the direction of the program, and I was sorry to see what I think is a dropoff in this year's recruiting class. I do think there is potential for the team to slip. I also feel there is potential to improve - and that is what I choose to cheer for. However, that is no where near the incorrect statement... "mess". This will be a big season for Gopher football under Tim Brewster.

I'm glad I just enjoy following the team, and pulling for them. I'd sure hate to be a BIG GOPHER FAN.

Agreed. This can't be said enough.

This has nothing to do with the question that I asked, does it? You are simply too afraid to wake up and smell the crap that is Gopher football right now. The fact is, top level talent in the U's own back yard routinely skips town. But yes, keep telling yourself that the nation's No. 21 best tackle as the cornerstone of a recruiting class is going to turn things around.

Of the eleven schools in our conference, the majority did not land the top prospect in their own state. In the past three years, our state has produced two five star prospects. They basically have their choice of any program in the country, and it is tough for a non-elite football school to land those prospects. In the next ten years, I bet we won't see two five star prospects in three years produced by the state. The borders are not sealed, but we've done a respectable job at keeping talent in state, and it is a marked improvement over Mason's years. I do not think the recruiting class is fantastic, and we certainly need to see more wins on the field. However, it is not time to bail ship on Brewster, either.

Top Bottom