ESPN Layoffs

What’s wrong with that?!? 🤔
The more I'm around my interns, the less I like hanging around people my age. Young folks are far less boring and cynical than the boomers in my age group. Maybe I've been lucky, but very rarely have I had to deal with one that I would consider lazy, mad at the world and underachieving. Picked up more than a few pretty damm useful ideas that my co-workers would have never come up with.

Your article is a month old

. Bud Lite has continued its crash. Your link isn’t worthy of discussion reference my real fact. Most of your posts are “out of date.” Lol
You've convinced me with your indisputable data. Thanks for putting me in my place.

You've convinced me with your indisputable data. Thanks for putting me in my place.
You’re Welcome. Anytime. Hoping you get that google thing down. Then to understand what you are reading. Don’t give up!

You’re Welcome. Anytime. Hoping you get that google thing down. Then to understand what you are reading. Don’t give up!
I'm assuming there must be a different google than google.com where I can find where they are ranked 16th in sales?

The more I'm around my interns, the less I like hanging around people my age. Young folks are far less boring and cynical than the boomers in my age group. Maybe I've been lucky, but very rarely have I had to deal with one that I would consider lazy, mad at the world and underachieving. Picked up more than a few pretty damm useful ideas that my co-workers would have never come up with.
Probably more fun to hang out with but much harder to work with in my experience.

Probably more fun to hang out with but much harder to work with in my experience.
Generally speaking, the first half of their internship, they take up your time as you teach them. The second half of their internship, they start saving you time and start coming up with ideas and suggestions that may or may not be helpful, but are always welcome.

I’m not going to wipe your butt for you either. Ask your mommy.
"Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I have evidence that my client is innocent of these crimes. But I'm not going to provide it to you because I'm not going to wipe your butt for you."

You'd make a phenomenal lawyer.

There's a very recent survey that says Bud Light is the 15th most popular beer but that is different than being 15th (or 16th) in sales.

Generally speaking, the first half of their internship, they take up your time as you teach them. The second half of their internship, they start saving you time and start coming up with ideas and suggestions that may or may not be helpful, but are always welcome.
Yeah I've hired and trained interns in the past. I enjoyed it for the most part.

Was more talking about young people. They're just so much different than I am. From a career perspective, I'm amazed and amused at how quickly so many are looking at how to advance their career before they've come close to mastering their current position. Like I'm talking about in some cases people that just started at an entry level position and almost immediately want or expect them to move up within a short period of time.

Yeah I've hired and trained interns in the past. I enjoyed it for the most part.

Was more talking about young people. They're just so much different than I am. From a career perspective, I'm amazed and amused at how quickly so many are looking at how to advance their career before they've come close to mastering their current position. Like I'm talking about in some cases people that just started at an entry level position and almost immediately want or expect them to move up within a short period of time.
That's true. First dealt with that about 20 years ago with a guy who was frustrated at about the 6 month mark. I told him that most of us spent the first 5 years or so of our careers, paying our dues, then we start the serious advancements and that his chance would eventually arrive. He felt that was BS and moved on. Turned out he was correct for his own situation. He quickly found another job that paid better with quicker opportunities for advancement, kept advancing and now, he's about 45 and is basically running his own business and feels he could sell and retire any day now.

He was another one of those young bucks that I knew right away was smarter and better than me and was gonna be a big-timer. He actually still stays in touch with me and thanks me for the start.

Unwatchable for more than a short period during the day due to programming. Still has nothing to do with the mostly imaginary "wokeness" that keeps some people up at night.

If you need your political viewpoint sprinkled into every facet of your life that is fine, but to be angry that others don't really seems odd.

It is 16th. “Your facts” are never ever close to reality. You live in a world of delusion and ignorance. Find someone who can google it for you.
What?

Rockraven gets alternate news. Like flat earth and stolen election.

If you need your political viewpoint sprinkled into every facet of your life that is fine, but to be angry that others don't really seems odd.

Last time I checked....I wasn't the one whining about ESPN or Bud Light....or "End Racism" on the back of the Gophers jerseys. That's you and a bunch of the other weirdos.

You know, I would have never come up with that analogy, but it fits perfectly. That was funny.

On the rest, yes I agree. Desmond Howard and his laugh will bring me back though at least for a little bit, but that's about it. Corso is already starting to ease his way out so, that part will be gone soon which sucks.
Thanks. I was in a fraternity and saw it happen, so that's why it popped into my mind. I made sure not to be that guy though, lol.

Yeah, I was glad when they made Desmond Howard full-time. I'm almost hoping Corso just goes away before embarrassing himself, it's hard to take his opinions seriously anymore. But man, I don't think there was, or ever will be, a better bit than head gear selections!

I saw a clip floating around twitter of four ESPN "experts" recently discussing which QB from the NFC North they'd pick if they had to win one game. Two said Goff and two said Fields. Gee I wonder why no one watches ESPN anymore.
Well I certainly wouldn't go with Jordan Love. And with all the talent Cousins has around him, from an offensive line to a top WR to a back like Cook (up until now) and he squeaked out one playoff victory? Throws well short of the sticks last year against the Giants.

I'd go with Fields, if the rest of the offense was equal.

An argument can be made for Goff maybe, but Fields? Cousins had eight game winning 4th quarter drives last year. Those other two guys combined for five.
The vikings and their 11-0 record in one-score games last year was a HUGE statistical anomaly, not an indictment that Cousins has some 4th quarter magic.

Look at the games Fields won last year with FAAAAAR less talent around him. The Bears had a crap o-line, not much at WR, and a crap defense.

Well I certainly wouldn't go with Jordan Love. And with all the talent Cousins has around him, from an offensive line to a top WR to a back like Cook (up until now) and he squeaked out one playoff victory? Throws well short of the sticks last year against the Giants.

I'd go with Fields, if the rest of the offense was equal.
giphy.gif

Last time I checked....I wasn't the one whining about ESPN or Bud Light....or "End Racism" on the back of the Gophers jerseys. That's you and a bunch of the other weirdos.
No, you just insult people in your posts by calling them "weirdos" and "triggered chuds". Not whining about "ESPN or Bud Light" but still petty.

As for your comment on Bud Light still being #2, I don't think they're bragging about that. It's one thing to climb your way up to #2 because you have a good product. It's another to give up the CLEAR #1 spot in a very short amount of time, and lose $16+ billion while doing so.

Maybe those "triggered chuds" are an important demographic after all? There was a story about a distributor selling cases of water for a $1 more than a case of Bud Light.

I'll admit I can't compare it to Detroit's o-line, but the Bears were bad. I'm ignoring the Packers o-line because I don't think anyone would pick Jordan Love in the question that was posed.
The Vikings OL is really bad. Specifically the interior OL. Completing 65% of passes while getting hit way more than any other QB is impressive.

The Vikings OL is really bad. Specifically the interior OL. Completing 65% of passes while getting hit way more than any other QB is impressive.
Ezra Cleveland not panning out? Maybe they are worse than I thought. But I'd still take Fields, he'll make plays with his feet if the pocket breaks down.

No, you just insult people in your posts by calling them "weirdos" and "triggered chuds". Not whining about "ESPN or Bud Light" but still petty.

As for your comment on Bud Light still being #2, I don't think they're bragging about that. It's one thing to climb your way up to #2 because you have a good product. It's another to give up the CLEAR #1 spot in a very short amount of time, and lose $16+ billion while doing so.

Maybe those "triggered chuds" are an important demographic after all? There was a story about a distributor selling cases of water for a $1 more than a case of Bud Light.

Yeah....because people who get angry over LGBTQ endorsements and whine constantly about "wokeness" are beyond reproach. Get real.

And yeah.....second highest selling beer in the U.S. Keep telling yourself that they're hurting. :LOL:

Yeah....because people who get angry over LGBTQ endorsements and whine constantly about "wokeness" are beyond reproach. Get real.

And yeah.....second highest selling beer in the U.S. Keep telling yourself that they're hurting. :LOL:
Well they lost a ton of market cap (billions of dollars no big deal), fired their marketing team, and are being discontinued from major retailers like Costco. This will not hurt them long term in any way I'm sure.

Well they lost a ton of market cap (billions of dollars no big deal), fired their marketing team, and are being discontinued from major retailers like Costco. This will not hurt them long term in any way I'm sure.
You gotta remember the context that stocker is viewing this from, which is no context, lol. He/she just calls it the second highest selling beer, while ignoring how it got there (even though I pointed it out) because it sounds good to him/her.

And look at the first sentence of the reply - another insult. Gee, what intellectual capacity this poster has. Insult and look through things through the lens of your choice.

Are they actually being dropped from costco and other retailers? Or is that just something that you badly want to believe?

You gotta remember the context that stocker is viewing this from, which is no context, lol. He/she just calls it the second highest selling beer, while ignoring how it got there (even though I pointed it out) because it sounds good to him/her.

And look at the first sentence of the reply - another insult. Gee, what intellectual capacity this poster has. Insult and look through things through the lens of your choice.

The context is that it's still one of the most popular domestic beers despite all the backlash.

And what exactly was the insult in that post? I was pointing out that people who whine about things like LGBTQ endorsements and "wokeness" aren't immune to criticism themselves. But it sort of makes sense. The people who whine the hardest about these things have developed thin skin and see themselves as victims these days. Time for you to take a look in the mirror.

Top Bottom