ESPN Layoffs

Agree on MacAfee. I’m no prude, but when your show cannot exist without F bombs every 30 seconds I’m done.
Maybe he'll go the Howard Stern route. Shock jock interviewing drunken midgets to the tired old lesbian he turned into the last 10 years.

The 2023 NBA draft panel was ridiculous. Only 2 of the 4 were qualified to speak.

I think ESPN will be pretty much done in a few years, to much political,wokeness, and other BS. I like to watch sports to get away from all that stuff.
Telling us you last watched ESPN 5 years ago without actually telling us.

used to watch a ton of espn back in college and now i almost never have it on as i can gather the information i'm actually interested in far faster than watching an entire show. they're going to have to majorly shift their programming or the cuts are going to continue and it will continue to be these upper mid tier people who cost a ton of money relative to the product but don't "add" a ton in terms of creating drama (SAS who is a moron but he yells loudly so he creates buzz) or have their own personal following (Wilbon, Van Pelt)

Yup. ESPN put a premium on "personality" and are beginning to realize that outside of a few of them.....they are mostly interchangeable. Programming is the big problem. Basically they spend hours per day rehashing the same stories with different opinions. Don't need to pay a "name" to have that type of schedule bore me to tears.

I think ESPN will be pretty much done in a few years, to much political,wokeness, and other BS. I like to watch sports to get away from all that stuff.

You're living in a dreamland. Large majority of people aren't demented enough to spend their waking hours looking for "wokeness" in everything.....and then let it destroy their enjoyment of sports.

You're living in a dreamland. Large majority of people aren't demented enough to spend their waking hours looking for "wokeness" in everything.....and then let it destroy their enjoyment of sports.

Nah, Pocket has it correct. ESPN has turned into unwatchable garbage. Only dorks still tune in

I saw a clip floating around twitter of four ESPN "experts" recently discussing which QB from the NFC North they'd pick if they had to win one game. Two said Goff and two said Fields. Gee I wonder why no one watches ESPN anymore.
Not sure I'd pick Cousins.

Nah, Pocket has it correct. ESPN has turned into unwatchable garbage. Only dorks still tune in

Unwatchable for more than a short period during the day due to programming. Still has nothing to do with the mostly imaginary "wokeness" that keeps some people up at night.

An argument can be made for Goff maybe, but Fields? Cousins had eight game winning 4th quarter drives last year. Those other two guys combined for five.
Yea, I get it. But, I just seem have a feeling I wouldn't trust him with too much on the line. Hope we can find out this year.

I saw a clip floating around twitter of four ESPN "experts" recently discussing which QB from the NFC North they'd pick if they had to win one game. Two said Goff and two said Fields. Gee I wonder why no one watches ESPN anymore.
How far off the mark are they though? The Vikings #1 receiver can't list his team's QB in his top 5-6 when put on the spot.

How far off the mark are they though? The Vikings #1 receiver can't list his team's QB in his top 5-6 when put on the spot.
Again, it was a comparison to Goff and Fields, not to Mahomes or Allen. This was only about the NFC North.

Again, it was a comparison to Goff and Fields, not to Mahomes or Allen. This was only about the NFC North.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Goff lead a Rams team to a Super Bowl appearance?

Tell me again, how many playoff wins does Cousins have?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Goff lead a Rams team to a Super Bowl appearance?

Tell me again, how many playoff wins does Cousins have?
LOL, this is ridiculous. By "led" he completed 55.7% of his passes and had 1 passing TD in three games that year in the playoffs. Cousins playoff numbers are better than his.

As I said though, Goff, I can see trying to make an argument. But Fields? C'mon.

Last edited:

So is Goff better than Warren Moon? Dan Fouts? Phillip Rivers?
Fields is awful and Chicago is going nowhere. Goff is a good quarterback, and I believe Detroit might just win the division this year but no he is not better than Moon, Fouts or Rivers.

No but in the context of which his name was originally brought up to say that Goff is below Cousin. Cousin hasn't won a playoff game, Goff has. You take a team to the SB (excluding Dilfer) that has some weight to it.
Cousins won at New Orleans in the playoffs. Led a game-winning drive in OT, if my memory is correct.

Currently has 1-4 playoff record. Still time to improve on that. Wouldn't hurt to have a simply competent defense helping out the offensive attack.

Cousins won at New Orleans in the playoffs. Led a game-winning drive in OT, if my memory is correct.

Currently has 1-4 playoff record. Still time to improve on that. Wouldn't hurt to have a simply competent defense helping out the offensive attack.
I get good vibes for a much improved D this year with Flores!!!

Ask Bud Light.

You realize that Bud Light is still the second highest selling beer in the US.....right? Turns out that triggered chuds aren't a very important demographic.

You realize that Bud Light is still the second highest selling beer in the US.....right? Turns out that triggered chuds aren't a very important demographic.
It is 16th. “Your facts” are never ever close to reality. You live in a world of delusion and ignorance. Find someone who can google it for you.

Top Bottom