espn gameday crew call's khaliq's "firejerrykill.com" site pathetic and disgusting

I posted this on another thread, but seems like anyone making fun of Reusse's voice and/or appearance ought not be ripping on someone else making fun of Limegrover's appearance (or Kill's for that matter). A lot of people on this site might well think about that.

the difference is that fatrick reusse has admitted as much multiple times and said so himself: i.e. that he is a digusting, fat, uglt P.O.S. people are just reconfirming what he has said about himself.

I posted this on another thread, but seems like anyone making fun of Reusse's voice and/or appearance ought not be ripping on someone else making fun of Limegrover's appearance (or Kill's for that matter). A lot of people on this site might well think about that.

Crocodile tears. You have no problem with FireJerryKill.com, yet you're outraged if someone takes a shot at Reusse's appearance you call out hypocricy, while you won't recognize that your hypocricy is at least as great.

Crocodile tears. You have no problem with FireJerryKill.com, yet you're outraged if someone takes a shot at Reusse's appearance you call out hypocricy, while you won't recognize that your hypocricy is at least as great.

Pay attention.
I have no problem with firejerrykill.com. I have no problem with Reusse ripping the team. I have no problem with people ripping on Reusse here (though the way people talk, you'd think he'd run over their dog.)

I do think it's hypocritical for people who would criticize FJK.com for making fun of appearances, to be doing the EXACT same thing when it comes to Reusse's appearances.

Pay attention.
I have no problem with firejerrykill.com. I have no problem with Reusse ripping the team. I have no problem with people ripping on Reusse here (though the way people talk, you'd think he'd run over their dog.)

I do think it's hypocritical for people who would criticize FJK.com for making fun of appearances, to be doing the EXACT same thing when it comes to Reusse's appearances.

Pay attention.

People who rip on Ruesse, rip him not because of his appearance, but because of the shoddy 'work' he employs. It's that simple.

Of course, it would be hard for you to understand why people get so defensive about the Gophers and their maroon and gold clad teams because it's painfully obvious you haven't invested any sort of emotional and/or mental energies on the team(s). Financial investments don't count.

I have paid attention. Now you need to pay attention, you seem incapable of recognizing your own hypocrisy. You have no problem with FJK, therefore, you should have no problem with people ripping on Reusse's appearance. If you applied the same standards, that is if you had the same objections to FJK that you had with ripping Reusse's appearance, then you could avoid the very hypocrisy you accuse others of.

I usually don't post in threads like this because its too much like arguing politics. But this one and that web site are perfect examples of something I have asked many friends about when discussing Gopher football. I moved to Minnesota and became a Gopher fan when I was 21 and I'm now 44. So according to many life long Minnesotans, I am still not "one of them". I often find myself surrounded by born and bred Minnesota "fans" that really seem to enjoy ripping on the Gophers. With a big smile on their face, they will tell me how much the Gophers suck or knowing that I'm a fan, they will post on my Facebook page the same thing immediately after a bad loss. One friend that considers himself a Gopher fan told me a couple of weeks ago that he was going to Iowa to watch the Hawkeyes play Northwestern so he could see a "real college football game". What is it about the culture here that it is deemed "cool" to make fun of the team you are supposedly a fan of?

I'm not blind. I can see that the team is not good right now. Hell, it's pretty obvious that they are really, really bad. But I would like to believe that they are trying to get better and I will support them regardless. I can't stand Iowa or Wisconsin but I am honestly envious of the "unconditional love" and the passion so many of their fans have for their teams. I see some of that here, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

It's always easier to cheer for a winner, but I like to believe that I am a fan of the Minnesota Golden Gophers and not just a fan of their win/loss record.

i know exactly the type of person you are talking about, however, none of them would ever take the time and effort that kaliq/gendo is taking to rip the gophers. they are apathetic and pathetic.

i also moved to minnesota when i was in my twenties to go to school here, but no one (at least i'm not) saying that its cool to rip on the gophers.

the larger point is the fan base, which consists largely of two types of people. 1) the 'fan' you describe, and 2) the slightly to overly optimistic fan who wonders why we can't snag the four star recruits and challenge for the legends division in year one.

of course there are gray areas, but this is what kaliq/gendo is ripping on (i believe). we have a terrible fan base, and that is an opinionated fact. like i said, i don't agree with everything he says. his irrational support for gray is hypocritical and his obsession with shortell's skin tone would be offensive to him if shortell wasn't white (and also hypocritical). but it is clear that he is usually trying to be tongue in cheek, so i'm not going to get offended, just move on.

however, for the last fifty years the gophers haven't been known for much more than sucking. sure there were the years when the gophers were producing good offensive teams and sending running backs to the nfl, but even during that time the gophers were known more for blowing big leads than for their offense (my opinion).

to have fans emerge that don't conform to the gopher hole approved notion of what makes a fan is a good thing.

there is nothing wrong with being disappointed with kill. i have been disappointed with kill and i like him. there is nothing wrong with a website called 'firejerrykill' (except that it is slightly unoriginal). there is nothing wrong with having fun at the expense of the coaches and coordinators.

let's not assume that anyone who isn't offended to the bone with this site is advocating for it to be the mouthpiece for the gopher football fan base. i would hope that it would inspire more loyal fans who would spend as much time as he obviously does creating their own gopher memes to perpetuate.

the interwebs is a big place.

I have paid attention. Now you need to pay attention, you seem incapable of recognizing your own hypocrisy. You have no problem with FJK, therefore, you should have no problem with people ripping on Reusse's appearance. If you applied the same standards, that is if you had the same objections to FJK that you had with ripping Reusse's appearance, then you could avoid the very hypocrisy you accuse others of.

Let's revisit exactly what I wrote:

Now let's compare that to your statement above.
therefore, you should have no problem with people ripping on Reusse's appearance.

I don't. I said just that. I don't care if people rip on Reusse. My point was that nobody who is criticizing the FJK site for their takes on the appearances of people, should be using the same tactics about another person they don't like. Get it?

I understand you perfectly. You say you have no problem with ripping on Reusse, that is only ripping on Reusse's appearance while objecting to the FJK ripping on the Gophers' coaches appearance that you object to. But if that is hypocritical, then so is the reverse.

Top Bottom