Emerson Mandell

Willwin40

Reaction score
Two crystal balls for Mandell going to Wisconsin. Nuts!

Kinda could see it coming, when someone takes 3 visits and still doesn’t commit it’s kinda telling imo

it really is true when people say the longer a recruit waits the more worried we should be

Kinda could see it coming, when someone takes 3 visits and still doesn’t commit it’s kinda telling imo

it really is true when people say the longer a recruit waits the more worried we should be
Yeah, that sure seems to be the case with instate guys.

Two crystal balls for Mandell going to Wisconsin. Nuts!
Fickle is Flicking Fleck after all. They probably NIL'd him over the finish line. "I will take your #1 Rook since you took my #1 Rook."

Do any of you have deep pockets? It is a dog-eat-dog sh#t world. We need a gazillionaire alumni to step up to the plate.

Who says recruiting is dirty business?

Fickle is Flicking Fleck after all. They probably NIL'd him over the finish line. Do any of you have deep pockets? It is a dog-eat-dog sh#t world. Who says recruiting is dirty business?
Sorry but why does this have to be dirty? Maybe the kid just wants to get away from home a little.

Sorry but why does this have to be dirty? Maybe the kid just wants to get away from home a little.
What is important is what the kid wants to do. The top kids have a lot of latitudes that they can take full advantage of based on their desires.

In the PJ Fleck Era, the Gophers managed to keep only one #1 in-state recruit. One came back. Wisconsin will snag three of our #1 in-state players if Emerson becomes a Badger. Okay, I understand the desire to get away from home. Why does he have to pick Wisconsin? If he is as good as advertised, he will go to the NFL from Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Top MN kids - Emerson Mandell 2024 WI, Jaxon Howard 2023 LSU, Lucas Heyer 2022 Stanford, Riley Mahlman 2021 WI, Kaden Johnson 2020 WI, Quinn Carroll 2019 ND (back to MN), David Alston 2018 NE, and Blaise Andries 2017 MN.

Last edited:

What is important is what the kid wants to do. The top kids have a lot of latitudes that they can take full advantage of based on their desires.

In the PJ Fleck Era, the Gophers managed to keep only one #1 in-state recruit. One came back. Wisconsin will snag three of our #1 in-state players if Emerson becomes a Badger. Okay, I understand the desire to get away from home. Why does he have to pick Wisconsin? If he is as good as advertised, he will go to the NFL from Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Top MN kids - Emerson Mandell 2024 WI, Jaxon Howard 2023 LSU, Lucas Heyer 2022 Stanford, Riley Mahlman 2021 WI, Kaden Johnson 2020 WI, Quinn Carroll 2019 ND (back to MN), David Alston 2018 NE, and Blaise Andries 2017 MN.
Roy is ranked higher than Mandell. If we had to pick, I think we came out better on that deal. Obviously time will tell. We got 7 of the top 9 and depending which recruiting service you look at, we also got the #1 in Minnesota.

Roy is ranked higher than Mandell. If we had to pick, I think we came out better on that deal. Obviously time will tell. We got 7 of the top 9 and depending which recruiting service you look at, we also got the #1 in Minnesota.
PJ Fleck is doing a good job capturing most of the top kids in the state. If PWOs are included, the number of WI and MN kids in each recruiting class is high.

Man that’s a kick in the duck. If it comes true than I guess we’ll just stash the scholly for later yea?

Man that’s a kick in the duck. If it comes true than I guess we’ll just stash the scholly for later yea?
Give it to a PWO with a burning desire to give notice that you can earn a scholarship or even a starting spot if you work hard and smart.

It’s a done deal Mandell committed to the BADgers.

Fickle is Flicking Fleck after all. They probably NIL'd him over the finish line. "I will take your #1 Rook since you took my #1 Rook."

Do any of you have deep pockets? It is a dog-eat-dog sh#t world. We need a gazillionaire alumni to step up to the plate.

Yup, true fans always want others to spend their money to sustain their fandom.

There is way too much talent and competition over here.

Pretty much of a quid pro quo, Fickell said he needed one more OL as icing on the cake so he got the icing.
WI needs a RB and another DL in the 2024 class.
But none of this matters until these recruits actually make the playing field then how many deserved their ranking will be revealed.

We got 7 of the top 9 and depending which recruiting service you look at, we also got the #1 in Minnesota.
Yep, unfortunately some will choose to dwell on the two that didn't come here as opposed to celebrating the 7 that elected to stay home.

Yep, unfortunately some will choose to dwell on the two that didn't come here as opposed to celebrating the 7 that elected to stay home.
We won't know how the top recruits fare until they start playing. Some of them may not be as advertised. OTOH, some of the 3-Stars on the team actually performed beyond expectations.

I am not too worried because the Gophers recruit players that fit their culture and schemes.

I am not too worried because the Gophers recruit players that fit their culture and schemes.
Nope, you're not worried at all. Your previous posts in this thread certainly make that clear, lol.

Jimmy Gjere 2.0. I wish him well but we’re losing a recruit from Irondale. I don’t recall any D1 football players coming irondale ever…. Head Coach James Manuel is a Kill guy. He may have had an influence..

Jimmy Gjere 2.0. I wish him well but we’re losing a recruit from Irondale. I don’t recall any D1 football players coming irondale ever…. Head Coach James Manuel is a Kill guy. He may have had an influence..
How is it 2.0? A D1 prospect is a D1 prospect.

Top Bottom