Drake Lindsey ahead of tonight’s State Championship game: Let’s gooooo!! RTB!!!

The "loyalty gambit" worked in spades on Bateman.

Also, he probably wants no competition in his recruiting class at least. Maybe also some bitterness at being ignored by the previous coaches.

Is he coming in January? We can't have an 18 year old be our starter. That will not go well. But certainly would like him to get a strong look for 25, if he has patience enough to wait that long.

Fayetteville HS plays in Arkansas's largest classification
Why are all the cities called Fayetteville pronounced Fay-Et-Ville when they are all named after men named Lafayette? Should be Fie-Et-Ville

I found a recap of the game on line. sounds like it went back and forth.

Lindsey went 27 of 38 for 355 yds with 1 TD and 2 INT
Bentonville QB Carter Nye was 21 of 35 for 329 yds and 2TD.

Bentonville went up 7-0. Fayettevile tied it at 7-7.
Bentonville kicked a FG and led 10-7 at halftime.
Fayetteville went up 14-10 in the 2nd half.
Bentonville scored a TD for a 16-14 lead.
with 7:35 left in the game, Fayetteville scored a TD and Lindsey threw a pass for the 2-pt conversion to go up 22-16.
Bentonville drove into Fayetteville territory, but wound up with a 4th-&-21 from the 31 yard line, and a hail Mary pass was broken up, allowing Fayetteville to kneel down three times.

the attendance was announced at 11,710.
Let’s also offer that QB Nye

Why are all the cities called Fayetteville pronounced Fay-Et-Ville when they are all named after men named Lafayette? Should be Fie-Et-Ville
Weird local shit, I guess.
Years ago I had a co-worker who hailed from the east coast. It drove her nuts that we pronounced the Minnesota city of Monticello as Monta-sello, and not Monta-chello like the Thomas Jefferson estate.

Weird local shit, I guess.
Years ago I had a co-worker who hailed from the east coast. It drove her nuts that we pronounced the Minnesota city of Monticello as Monta-sello, and not Monta-chello like the Thomas Jefferson estate.
Nicollet Ave in Minneapolis probably shouldn't be pronounced the way we do either.

Nicollet Ave in Minneapolis probably shouldn't be pronounced the way we do either.
How do you pronounce it? I've heard it both & thought it was weird when I heard it the other way on the radio, but I hear it that way more & more.

I've always have pronounced it NICKEL-IT. I started hearing Nick-o-Lett (like Leon Lett). My mind was blown.

Am I the odd duck? Reminder that I'm a part of the Dave Lee Fan Club.....

How do you pronounce it? I've heard it both & thought it was weird when I heard it the other way on the radio, but I hear it that way more & more.

I've always have pronounced it NICKEL-IT. I started hearing Nick-o-Lett (like Leon Lett). My mind was blown.

Am I the odd duck? Reminder that I'm a part of the Dave Lee Fan Club.....
Wouldn't French be nick-o-lay?

Bentonville QB Carter Nye....might as well recruit him too while you are there.

Do not sleep on Drake. He will be given every opportunity to win the starter job and do not be surprised if he is our starter next year,

We had that. 2018 … no thanks. Let him grow and develop for at least a year.

No 18 year old starting QB’s in the new Big Ten please.

I’ll be very surprised. For the to happen I think Brosmer would need to be a big disappointment.
Yeah, the game is just much faster at the college level and even in Lindsey has the right skills to beat Brosmer, I think it'll still take some time to have the game slow down to the point where he could be more effective than Brosmer.

But if Drake wants to prove me wrong and make Brosmer the backup by beating him for the spot (and not Brosmer being a disappointment) then I would love to see it!

Top Bottom