Drake Lindsey ahead of tonight’s State Championship game: Let’s gooooo!! RTB!!!

kickoff at noon today. as far as I can tell, streaming video available for a fee on the NFHS network.

apparently the games are streamed on Arkansas PBS stations - but only in the stations' local broadcast area, so that's a no-go.

Last edited:

Background story
This could well be our starter next year if we can reel him in.
Jim Lindsay for Vikings is awesome heritage to be connected to.
National signing day...this week or next week?
Hmmm...all the way to Dec. 20th....that's probably not helpful in this situation.

Last edited:

Background story
This could well be our starter next year if we can reel him in.
Jim Lindsay for Vikings is awesome heritage to be connected to.
National signing day...this week or next week?
Pretty tough to expect a true freshman to be ready to start on day 1. Hopefully he can sit his first year.

He’s gonna look great in some school’s uniform next year!

PJ is doing his best to land him- but he needs to hire an OC/QB coach and to seriously look to a different offensive philosophy in which every play does not take the long count, always going for TOP. So refreshing to see the great playoff teams now on TV getting their plays off quickly.

PJ is doing his best to land him- but he needs to hire an OC/QB coach and to seriously look to a different offensive philosophy in which every play does not take the long count, always going for TOP. So refreshing to see the great playoff teams now on TV getting their plays off quickly.

So, you'd fire your offensive coordinator, completely change your offensive philosophy and then tell young Lindsey:

"Hey, man, guess what? We just fired our OC, and we're changing our entire offensive philosophy! Pretty cool, huh?"

I'm just not sure that would go over well as you think...

So, you'd fire your offensive coordinator, completely change your offensive philosophy and then tell young Lindsey:

"Hey, man, guess what? We just fired our OC, and we're changing our entire offensive philosophy! Pretty cool, huh?"

I'm just not sure that would go over well as you think...
Yeah, I'm sure he would hate it if we coughed up a million bucks and stole Ben Arbuckle from WSU. That would just be absolutely awful for poor Drake.

I found a recap of the game on line. sounds like it went back and forth.

Lindsey went 27 of 38 for 355 yds with 1 TD and 2 INT
Bentonville QB Carter Nye was 21 of 35 for 329 yds and 2TD.

Bentonville went up 7-0. Fayettevile tied it at 7-7.
Bentonville kicked a FG and led 10-7 at halftime.
Fayetteville went up 14-10 in the 2nd half.
Bentonville scored a TD for a 16-14 lead.
with 7:35 left in the game, Fayetteville scored a TD and Lindsey threw a pass for the 2-pt conversion to go up 22-16.
Bentonville drove into Fayetteville territory, but wound up with a 4th-&-21 from the 31 yard line, and a hail Mary pass was broken up, allowing Fayetteville to kneel down three times.

the attendance was announced at 11,710.

B'ville and F'ville are both in the NW corner of the state, where all the Walmart wealth and the U of AR are located.

I found a recap of the game on line. sounds like it went back and forth.

Lindsey went 27 of 38 for 355 yds with 1 TD and 2 INT
Bentonville QB Carter Nye was 21 of 35 for 329 yds and 2TD.

Bentonville went up 7-0. Fayettevile tied it at 7-7.
Bentonville kicked a FG and led 10-7 at halftime.
Fayetteville went up 14-10 in the 2nd half.
Bentonville scored a TD for a 16-14 lead.
with 7:35 left in the game, Fayetteville scored a TD and Lindsey threw a pass for the 2-pt conversion to go up 22-16.
Bentonville drove into Fayetteville territory, but wound up with a 4th-&-21 from the 31 yard line, and a hail Mary pass was broken up, allowing Fayetteville to kneel down three times.

the attendance was announced at 11,710.
Not good in the big game Lindey had 2 INTs (most he's had in a game all year). Surprised he was named MVP with that statline (other than the yards did he do anything big that I'm missing? Like a lot of rushing or something?).

What are his final season stats? Like 52 TDS and 4 INTs? Yet, he's only a three-Star? Feels like if this was a bigger name school and that for his final total he would be four or five stars easily or maybe I'm just stupid.

Not lack of school size.

Ark got a 5* QB a while ago who was from Springdale Ark, which is right there in NW Ark with B'ville and F'ville.

Fayetteville HS plays in Arkansas's largest classification

I'm confused why his ranking even went down as the year went on. What more could the kid do? Was he playing really bad teams/with really good WRs (similar to why some college QBs don't pan out in the NFL as some of them have better WRs or even o-line than they do in the pros). Plus, he committed to Minnesota early and is sticking hard (at least it seems), so no other big schools have come calling. Has me a bit worried/concerned. :(

Top Bottom