Dorsey Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

Dorsey ESPN 3* 28th pg... Jarvis ESPN 4* 15th PG. Dorsey at 5'11 is strictly a lead guard. Jarvis a bit bigger and not a good enough shooter to play off guard. Jarvis is probably as good as gone.

Dorsey ESPN 3* 28th pg... Jarvis ESPN 4* 15th PG. Dorsey at 5'11 is strictly a lead guard. Jarvis a bit bigger and not a good enough shooter to play off guard. Jarvis is probably as good as gone.

O well. We aren't in any position to be picky.

Dorsey is also rated higher on rivals and scout, who seem to invest more time in evaluating recruits than espn. Anyways I think Jarvis and Dorsey are even, would love it if Jarvis stays, but Dorsey committed first and you can't turn guys back because the hometown kid might commit here. If Jarvis wants to be a gopher, he will be a gopher because I guarantee Pitino is still gonna go after him.

Holy ****!

+1...It feels amazing to be on the right side of one these surprises for a change; welcome aboard Kevin!!

Doesn't matter to me one bit if we lose Jarvis because of this..send a message to our local recruits that if you truly want to be here, you better commit early. I'm tired of recruits thinking the U can be treated as a fallback option. With that said, I very much hope Jarvis still wants to come here and play with Dorsey!

Stealing a top target from two other Big Ten schools is an excellent way to kick off this class.

The happiest i've been about a commit since Jeff Jones(which actually wasn't that long ago) but basketball wise the happiest i've been since Coleman and Andre committed back to the class of 2011.

So pumped about this commitment!!! Watch Dorsey at the EYBL for two full days and loved him every time I saw him! He works his a** off on offense and defense, is really quick & doesn't miss the mid-range! This guy will be an absolute stud in the pick n roll system!!!

Huge Groove Minnesota! AI and other recruits, now you have your feed. Take notice and get on the train!

I honestly thought someone was pulling our leg when i saw the thread title "Dorsey Commits." "Is this a cruel joke?" I thought. Did not expect this especially so soon.

Where's Golden Shower's wife when you need her?

Welcome young man! He's the first of what will hopefully be many 4 stars signed by Pitino and staff.

If we do lose Jarvis, the silver lining is that local kids now know they can't wait on committing forever and using the U as a safety school.

Right Madman, U of M wants to set a new standard. If you're a local star and we offer, don't excessively ponder, explore and delay, because Minnesota is on the rise and is not going to desperately wait at home for your call.

Dorsey has put up comparable numbers to EYBL team mate Bryant Crawford who holds offers from Conn, GTown, Louisville and Indiana.

Maryland fan here: Congrats guys. I don't know your PG situation but Dorsey should be a fine addition.

Great pick up. Not sure what this means with Jarvis, but we should be solid with Mason and Dorsey at PG. Did anyone pick Dorsey on the poll?

I did, although I will admit the Maryland steam had me second guessing.

This is a really good pick up. Simply awesome. Now let's get some tall wings and a PF.

LET'S GO!

Kid finishes well at the rim with both hands, glad to hear that folks have seen more of his jumper in person. FWIW, Ryan James said that Johnson is still very much a target - could make for a killer backcourt tandem.

Any reason to believe Jarvis and Alex are buddies and this will negatively affect Alex? (Assuming Jarvis is a no now )

Like the sands in an hourglass, these are the days of our lives.

Great news. I don't see how this closes the door on Jarvis, either. Sounds like Pitino wants to play them together. Our entire starting back-court is graduating afterall.

Any reason to believe Jarvis and Alex are buddies and this will negatively affect Alex? (Assuming Jarvis is a no now )

Like the sands in an hourglass, these are the days of our lives.

Probably doesn't help, but I doubt that it hurts that much either.

Top Bottom