Doogie

Decided to send my note privately to Doogie.

You've exhibited a complete lack of an ability to break down a situation in a way that makes sense. You should be ignored. You add nothing of value. Those that choose to put you on the ignore list will not be any worse off for it. Thus no more ignorant, but probably closer to blissfulness had they not put you on ignore.

Obviously. When the only statement that makes sense is "KFAN decided it'd be a good idea to alienate a portion of their audience", it's hard to try and throw some sense in there.

Ignorance is the state in which one lacks knowledge, is unaware of something or chooses to subjectively ignore information.

Hey! That last part is YOU!

Assinine because they don't agree with your own warped view of the situation. Yes, I am. And my information is based on well documented facts. Your side is based on...well, a single off hand email casually sent by an AD ignorant of the actual facts of the situation with one possible view on the situation, not making his school look like the jackasses.

Brewster wants to continue to build the program, and refuses to allow his coaches and players on a local radio station? Wow, brilliant. Didn't take the scheister long to lose his souther accent either. :cool03:

Interesting. I've heard Brewster and players plenty of times on WCCO. As far as I can tell, they are a radio station. Matter of fact they actually carry the Gopher football games.

You have to ignore a whole lot of info to come to the defense of KFAN. Myopic comes to mind. KFAN has proven itself to be incredibly unprofessional in many areas. This is just one more. They have no crediblity. Their actions on this very matter are about as unprofessional and 'hackish' as could be. Had they done there jobs, in any kind of a professional manner there would be no "kerfuffle". If they had been doing their jobs in any sort of a professional manner over the last several years there would be no "kerfuffle". The only reason there is a "kerfuffle" is because KFAN lacks leadership, professionalism, and vision. Basically they suck and have no credibility.

They have destroyed themselves. And in this matter since they cannot behave in a professional manner, and thus have no credibility very little else matters on this since in the end it is only KFAN's poor actions that have even made this an issue.

Given the players, and the middle men, and KFAN's lack of integrity and professionalism all that's left is reason and there can be only one conclusion. It was a miscommunication and KFAN sucks.

Well since I missed the other 20 threads...

KFAN knows it's bread and butter is their NFL contract and they spend 80+% of their sports talk time and expertise accordingly. The fact is they just don't have anybody over there who cares to know anything about Gopher ball, so they fall back on the easy snarky cuts. Why? For one it gives them an edginess they dare not take with their golden and purple egg. Secondly, snarky is easy. It is easy to be down on a program that hasn't been relevant in decades. Certainly it is easier than having somebody actually cover a college team, which would include putting a minimal effort into following recruiting and scheduling and the like, and maybe even knowing more than three players on the roster. And when Brewster got their dander up, what did they do? The easiest response they could. Wave around the 55-0 loss last year about 15 times and say "call when the Gophers have reached the Rose Bowl".

It is funny to me because by the same standard the Vikings have are no more relevant to my generation. I am p'rt near 30. I never saw a Viking team in a Super Bowl any more than I saw the Gophers in a Rose Bowl. The only NFC championship I was in town for was very reminiscent of the Gopher's drubbing last year against Iowa, yet I don't hear the talk jocks at KFAN bringing that up. By in large the Vikings have been very unremarkable over the last decade I've been in town but you will never hear the snarkometer past a bare whisper over at the journalistically scrupulous FAN.

I just happened to tune into Allen's tantrum in part, and was very amused that they had been called out on this, and had the gall to act as though they are in some way independent fair minded journalists just doing their job. They are negative towards the Gophers because that is easy and they are by and large lazy in their coverage in anything non-Viking orientated during the fall. Will they bring up the upgraded schedule of the Gophers? Of course not. I doubt they even knew. No it is practically a script they draw up over there: When necessary to talk about the gophers for 15 minutes this week :snark about lesser non-con opponents; extra snark on FCS scheduling; snark about not being ready for big ten; snark about recent loss if any and how this demonstrates not being worthy; wrap up and intro to further verbal fellatio of Vikings organisation.

Assinine because they don't agree with your own warped view of the situation. Yes, I am. And my information is based on well documented facts. Your side is based on...well, a single off hand email casually sent by an AD ignorant of the actual facts of the situation with one possible view on the situation, not making his school look like the jackasses.

Brewster wants to continue to build the program, and refuses to allow his coaches and players on a local radio station? Wow, brilliant. Didn't take the scheister long to lose his souther accent either. :cool03:

Thanks Barrero, can you mention on your show how you come on here and spat with people?? That would be cool :eek:

Obviously. When the only statement that makes sense is "KFAN decided it'd be a good idea to alienate a portion of their audience", it's hard to try and throw some sense in there.

Demi- I'm not putting you on my ignore list or anyone else. I think that's stupid and ruins the experience on the board. I will tell you again, though, that I have stopped listening to KFAN because of this Gopher debacle. And I don't care whose fault this is. I have two degrees from the U. I don't give a sh*t about a radio station, especially a sports station that does not cover teams for which it has no contract to broadcast (e.g. Gophers and T-Wolves.) You are never going to win this battle with Brewster for that reason. Hope this helps.

I personally expected alot more from Doogie when I heard he was on board here. His idea of reporting sure has a tint of negativity attached to it at all times. Compare that to how GopherLady reports.

I heard Greg Coleman and PA talking after the Vikes game on Sunday and they couldn't stop saying "Great win for the Vikes". 19 losses in a row for Detroilet.

I couldn't believe it.

And ULFR is right. The Vikes have done NOTHING the past 10 years and have only achieved 2 NFC championship games in the past 30 years and that included the 41-0 drubbing(10 times worset than the Iowa drubbing). How about missing the playoffs because they lost on the last play of the game against Arizona and probably the NFL's worst quarterback 5 years ago?

I personally think the Viking choke list goes just as long as the Gopher choke list, but the blinders seem to be on for the Vike fans.

I agree with Doogie on the next three games.

Since you again mentioned Brewster's KFAN situation in the Tribune today and basically called out Brewster for throwing a sports information guy under the bus, why don't you tell us how you believe things went down. I know you have lot's of friends at KFAN, but it seems to me KFAN is the one acting really immature in this situation.

Also, saying Brewster must win his next three games to prove he is making headway in the program and how nobody should consider that NW is a favorite, is really showing your true colors on how you feel about Brewster. Every chance to take the negative side on him, you take it. I will wait until the end of the season to judge Brewster. He may lose a game he should win and he may win a game he should lose. I will judge the season he has.

I would agreewith Doogie here. These are must win games. We are a better team than the next three teams therefore we should and must win them. With road games against tOSU and PSU we have to win these.

Why do Joe Pa and Stoops get more media attention than Brewster? Maybe because they have made their programs nationally significant. If Brewster starts getting to BCS bowl games he will get all the positive attention he needs. You have to earn the praise and that is done by winning.

I agree. Brewster has not earned significant praise. However, he hasn't earned most of the negative things said about him either. Especially about him as a person or things about his family. Or things about the types of kids he recruits. Or the constant hammering on his saying he wants to take the team to the Rose Bowl, which in KFAN's eyes meant the first year he was coaching the team apparently.

All I want is fairness. Take Dark Star, he said after the Cal game that he thought Cal only played at about 50% effort. That is the only reason MN was in the game. You going to tell me this is a fair assessment of Brewster? Dark Star, like Doogie eants people to think he is being objective. His dislike for Brewster can't be hidden.

I personally expected alot more from Doogie when I heard he was on board here. His idea of reporting sure has a tint of negativity attached to it at all times. Compare that to how GopherLady reports.

- His "job" here appears to be to find a "real" job in the paying media. That market is shrinking fast and you have NO chance of getting a job in this market if you come off as a Gopher "homer".

- Brewster seems rather thin skinned. Doogie is not going to get a job taking his side, rightly or wrongly, against the media.

- "Brewstergate":)rolleyes::pig::rolleyes:) proves one thing: KFAN is really not relevant. They spent the entire DAY trying to make this into a story. Barrerio and Common have mentioned it on almost a daily basis and it's went nowhere. Their audience is way too small to make any impact on the listening public. In a metro of 2 million plus do they have any show that has 200,000 or even 100,000 listeners? Maybe that's just a problem in radio right now.

- Just imagine if it happened to WCCO TV or radio or KQRS? People probably would have heard about it, but they haven't unceasingly went after Brewster, so they wouldn't be in the position in the first place. And Dark Star, Mike Max and Tommy B (Catman?) couldn't be called Gopher "homers" now could they?

- It looks like Doogie felt the need to make sure more people knew about the issue. He also just may have had the need to show the local jock and antijock sniffers that he's "got your back"

- Successful coaches don't give a rip about the media, or better yet don't need to kowtow to them. Brewster needs a lot more success to get to that level.

- I honestly hope Doogie gets a job and soon; just not around here. We don't need another "but I'm NOT a homer" guy.

- The good thing for me is even though I've got a Strib subscription, I couldn't find the article.:clap::clap:

The media always has a "circle the wagons" mentality whenever anyone criticizes one of them or takes a stand against them. A couple years ago one of the sports figures in town chewed out a beat writer when the writer's cell phone kept ringing during a press conference. For at least a week after the incident everyone else in the media talked and wrote about how it was a, "simple mistake" and that the person, "totally overracted." Not one mention of the fact that the beat writer was rude and unprofessional.

So when it comes to the KFAN/Brewster situation Doogie is a member of the media and therefore I'm not suprised by his article.

Ignorance is indeed bliss I guess. Don't agree with something? Ignore it. No wonder people still believe this is on KFAN and not Brewster.

People won't be negative if you...I don't know...make a bowl game to begin with, any bowl game. 14 point underdogs, lose by 14. Wow things sure are looking up! We really hung in there! :D

I always love when Trolls use "we" when referring to the team they hate :clap: :clap:

Just proves what tools these people are.

Maybe Doogie could get a job in WI and do little write-ups on the Badgers? Although, I'm not sure he would last long there with continous negative shots in every article.

I agree, looks like KFAN was a bit disappointed that Gopher fans had complained about their crappy coverage of the Gophers. I listened for about 5 minutes yesterday and PA was still crying about it.

Since you again mentioned Brewster's KFAN situation in the Tribune today and basically called out Brewster for throwing a sports information guy under the bus, why don't you tell us how you believe things went down. I know you have lot's of friends at KFAN, but it seems to me KFAN is the one acting really immature in this situation.

Also, saying Brewster must win his next three games to prove he is making headway in the program and how nobody should consider that NW is a favorite, is really showing your true colors on how you feel about Brewster. Every chance to take the negative side on him, you take it. I will wait until the end of the season to judge Brewster. He may lose a game he should win and he may win a game he should lose. I will judge the season he has.

I just wish people who write stuff would just be intellectually honest instead of hiding behind some vague rhetoric of negativity.

Does anyone have a link to Doogie's article? I don't see it on the Strib website.

I listened for about 5 minutes yesterday and PA was still crying about it.

they are all such whiny bitches, its amazing, such little girls still crying about spilt milk from a week ago.

Why do Joe Pa and Stoops get more media attention than Brewster? Maybe because they have made their programs nationally significant. If Brewster starts getting to BCS bowl games he will get all the positive attention he needs. You have to earn the praise and that is done by winning.

Joe Pa has been around a long time and had time to build his program. Stoops inherited a very good program to begin with and was able to keep it at a high level.

Really not a fair comparison.

KFAN was trying for players and coaches for three weeks and Brewster wouldn't let any of them go on the station. PA said he is open to anyone from the Gophers being on, but has no interest in an interview with Brewster.

KFAN was trying for players and coaches for three weeks and Brewster wouldn't let any of them go on the station. PA said he is open to anyone from the Gophers being on, but has no interest in an interview with Brewster.

Sounds like that shouldn't be a problem....:horse::horse::)

Can't we all just agree that, to whatever extent, both the U of M (for their poor communication) and KFAN (for misrepresenting the facts and acting like spoiled toddlers) are at fault, and leave it at that? Please?

My God.

PA is full of sh*t. During the last several years he hasn't had any Gopher coaches on his show because he personally wasn't interested in them. He admitted that in so many words last week. It didn't matter that many of PA's listeners would have loved one or more of the coaches to be on the show on a regular basis. If PA himself was not interested, that's all he cared about.

What a way to run a radio station. For the most part they are a bunch of arrogant prima donnas. Their only job is to attract listeners and sell advertising. Judging from their ratings they are failing miserably at it. KFAN is managing to hang onto their longtime hard core listeners and that is about it. Their rating have been stagnating for years. Anyone can see that KFAN has been suffering from neglet and mismanagement. The inmates are running the assylum.

KFAN would rather talk about this crap than the Gophers, which is what I want to hear. Barrierschmo and P A-hole love being negative, especially about the Gophers. Who needs that?

I have no problem with a single word of that article. Not sure why someone would read that and think it's a negative piece.

Agreed. What was the issue with the article again?

Wow! Another day where KFAN talk dominates this board. If you put half as much energy into supporting those who give positive coverage as you do into talking about those who provide negative coverage you would probably see a lot more positive coverage. Nobody ever talks about the 60 minute Tim Brewster show that WCCO has on every week. Why? Or the two positive columns Souhan wrote about Decker after the Syracuse and Cal games. Why?

If you looked at this board over the last three weeks you will find that the hottest topics are reuse and kfan. Gopher fans are something else.

I don't think people have a problem with his football content, it was pretty factual (although saying he has to go 8-4 to show progress is BS, 7-5 would be a great year), I just think his cheap shots annoyed most. What sports info guy was thrown under the bus? Saying by taking a 10 mn break in his day to talk with a certain sports guy in town about the issue would effect the team on "the most important day of prep". He was just reaching on some comments to knock down the coach, which is basically in line with those where he came from, which is all this board is saying.

He kind of sounds like Reusse (actual Reusse, not the hidden meaning on this board) in making outlandish expectations to create a backlash if they aren't met. He is saying 8-4 should be attainable, I'm not sure too many media folks would agree with that.

Again, Doogie, I think a lot of your articles sound like a radio broadcast transcript rather than a newspaper article. Lots of conjecture and opinion thrown in with a few facts.

Wow! Another day where KFAN talk dominates this board. If you put half as much energy into supporting those who give positive coverage as you do into talking about those who provide negative coverage you would probably see a lot more positive coverage. Nobody ever talks about the 60 minute Tim Brewster show that WCCO has on every week. Why? Or the two positive columns Souhan wrote about Decker after the Syracuse and Cal games. Why?

If you looked at this board over the last three weeks you will find that the hottest topics are reuse and kfan. Gopher fans are something else.

You forgot "standing or sitting" a HUGE topic on any Gopher board.:horse:

Top Bottom