Doogie

minngg

Banned
Reaction score
Since you again mentioned Brewster's KFAN situation in the Tribune today and basically called out Brewster for throwing a sports information guy under the bus, why don't you tell us how you believe things went down. I know you have lot's of friends at KFAN, but it seems to me KFAN is the one acting really immature in this situation.

Also, saying Brewster must win his next three games to prove he is making headway in the program and how nobody should consider that NW is a favorite, is really showing your true colors on how you feel about Brewster. Every chance to take the negative side on him, you take it. I will wait until the end of the season to judge Brewster. He may lose a game he should win and he may win a game he should lose. I will judge the season he has.

I just wish people who write stuff would just be intellectually honest instead of hiding behind some vague rhetoric of negativity.

Yes, can we please go over all this again? And then after that how about a dozen Reusse threads?

It does seem that Doogie takes the 'other' side whenever an option presents itself. dissapointing. I was hoping for a little more.

What do you think the media is going to do? They want to get people to listen to their show and will go at any lengths to get publicity while causing controversy whenever possible. Even when they have no idea what they are talking about, which is the case here.

Amazing how everyone is on his side when he posts an off the cuff email that supports their "side". But the minute he points out Brewster is going on a power trip and throwing a baby tantrum, oh boy, KFAN for life.

Gimme a break you clowns.

This thread isn't about KFAN.

No, it isn't, but hes still giving great advice :D I would love to see those loud mouths bite it over at that station, they are such pussies behind a mike.

Doogie is doing just what the guys he learned from do, start fires to get people to read his shit ;) I think we all saw that last week when he was doing to the ends of the earth to defend those louthmouths.

What do you think the media is going to do? They want to get people to listen to their show and will go at any lengths to get publicity while causing controversy whenever possible. Even when they have no idea what they are talking about, which is the case here.

How does not having the university coaches and athletes on help their programming?

Yeah, sure, they don't know what they're talking about, to the point of alienating people for no apparently reason, but you, Mr. Internet poster guy knows exactly what is going on. :blah:

Amazing how everyone is on his side when he posts an off the cuff email that supports their "side". But the minute he points out Brewster is going on a power trip and throwing a baby tantrum, oh boy, KFAN for life.

Gimme a break you clowns.

If it isn't Debbie Downer Herself. :rolleyes:

How does not having the university coaches and athletes on help their programming?

Yeah, sure, they don't know what they're talking about, to the point of alienating people for no apparently reason, but you, Mr. Internet poster guy knows exactly what is going on. :blah:

barrero........ PA......... hey buddy :clap:

If it isn't Debbie Downer Herself. :rolleyes:

Those KFAN trolls were making references to this site (without naming it directly), I wouldn't be surprise if Barrero or PA came on here after getting denied by their wives or something :cry:

I'd be surprised if either of them could operate a computer.

I wasn't aware that I was referencing anything about the Brewster/KFAN incident which has now been resolved. I was referencing the trash that is today's media. Give me a break. To the only poster on the Board who loves KFAN. Cheers to you my friend.

Have the mods here ever considered devoting at whole board to Reusse/KFAN discussion?

but you, Mr. Internet poster guy knows exactly what is going on. :blah:

so you aren't a "Mr. Internet poster guy"??? who are you then, since you are on here (the internet) and engaging in this discussion (poster guy) and making us listen to your asinine views :eek:?

First of all, I did not bring up the KFAN situation. Doogie did in his Tribune article. It was a negative piece about how Brewster handled it. Second, we do not have to win the next three games for me to see progress in the program. We need to be competitive in almost every game and win our share. Last year Iowa lost to NW, many said Iowa's program was broken. Well, they ended up beating PSU and went to another bowl game of significance.

This thread is more about Doogie than KFAN. He should be honest.

If you want the media to only write positive things about Brewster all the time then you are not living in reality. He is a big boy and I am sure can take the criticism at times and the criticism he gets is minor compared to what other coaches get so just calm down. Heck, Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, and Joe Pa have gotten worse criticism than Brewster has gotten and they have actually accomplished something in their coaching careers.

so you aren't a "Mr. Internet poster guy"??? who are you then, since you are on here (the internet) and engaging in this discussion (poster guy) and making us listen to your asinine views :eek:?

Assinine because they don't agree with your own warped view of the situation. Yes, I am. And my information is based on well documented facts. Your side is based on...well, a single off hand email casually sent by an AD ignorant of the actual facts of the situation with one possible view on the situation, not making his school look like the jackasses.

Brewster wants to continue to build the program, and refuses to allow his coaches and players on a local radio station? Wow, brilliant. Didn't take the scheister long to lose his souther accent either. :cool03:

Assinine because they don't agree with your own warped view of the situation. Yes, I am. And my information is based on well documented facts. Your side is based on...well, a single off hand email casually sent by an AD ignorant of the actual facts of the situation with one possible view on the situation, not making his school look like the jackasses.

Brewster wants to continue to build the program, and refuses to allow his coaches and players on a local radio station? Wow, brilliant. Didn't take the scheister long to lose his souther accent either. :cool03:

See, this is why I don't listen to that station anymore. Guys like this work there.

If you want the media to only write positive things about Brewster all the time then you are not living in reality. He is a big boy and I am sure can take the criticism at times and the criticism he gets is minor compared to what other coaches get so just calm down. Heck, Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, and Joe Pa have gotten worse criticism than Brewster has gotten and they have actually accomplished something in their coaching careers.

Not as a percentage of coverage they haven't. That is Barreiro's argument and it stinks. JoPa, Stoops do get criticism, but they also get tons of praise and more media attention in one day than Brewster gets in a year from KFAN. Criticism is one thing, personal attacks are another.

Just once I would like one of these guys that say they have inside knowledge of what happened to explain what exactly happened. Just once.

The way it works is that the MN media is approved to say whatever they want and anyone who disagrees is a homer and anyone who stands against them is wrong. They can slam any coach or athlete for that matter using half truths but they are not to be held to a standard themselves.

Hope that clears it up for you!

The way it works is that the MN media is approved to say whatever they want and anyone who disagrees is a homer and anyone who stands against them is wrong. They can slam any coach or athlete for that matter using half truths but they are not to be held to a standard themselves.

Hope that clears it up for you!

Well said. :drink:

Not as a percentage of coverage they haven't. That is Barreiro's argument and it stinks. JoPa, Stoops do get criticism, but they also get tons of praise and more media attention in one day than Brewster gets in a year from KFAN. Criticism is one thing, personal attacks are another.

Why do Joe Pa and Stoops get more media attention than Brewster? Maybe because they have made their programs nationally significant. If Brewster starts getting to BCS bowl games he will get all the positive attention he needs. You have to earn the praise and that is done by winning.

"This message is hidden because Demi is on your ignore list." - Great isn't it?

Ignorance is indeed bliss I guess. Don't agree with something? Ignore it. No wonder people still believe this is on KFAN and not Brewster.

People won't be negative if you...I don't know...make a bowl game to begin with, any bowl game. 14 point underdogs, lose by 14. Wow things sure are looking up! We really hung in there! :D

You've exhibited a complete lack of an ability to break down a situation in a way that makes sense. You should be ignored. You add nothing of value. Those that choose to put you on the ignore list will not be any worse off for it. Thus no more ignorant, but probably closer to blissfulness had they not put you on ignore.

Top Bottom