doogie was dead on with d'antonio v brew

Go4

Reaction score
people ripped doogie for saying that d'antonio was a better coach than brew.

where are those people now?

d'antonio has beaten notre dame three times, has beaten michigan twice, beat iowa, penn state, etc.

brew? 1-2 vs. dakotas.

People on this board don't like Facts...

Fact: Brewster is undefeated against Dantonio.

Fact: After losing to Brewster, Dantonio told the press that he was out-coached.

people ripped doogie for saying that d'antonio was a better coach than brew.

where are those people now?

d'antonio has beaten notre dame three times, has beaten michigan twice, beat iowa, penn state, etc.

brew? 1-2 vs. dakotas.

He might be better but quit overstating things.

0-1 vs. Minnesota
0-2 vs. Ohio State
1-2 vs. Penn State
1-2 vs. Wisconsin
1-2 vs. Iowa

2-1 vs. some bad Michigan teams that finished 9-4, 3-9, and 5-7.
3-1 vs. mediocre Notre Dame teams that finished 3-9, 7-6, 6-6 and this year.

I don't really see how one can argue that D'Antonio is not a better coach than Brewster. The proof is in the pudding. If I had to chose between D'Antonio's record and Brewster's record, I would take D'Antonio's record in a heart beat.

I don't really see how one can argue that D'Antonio is not a better coach than Brewster. The proof is in the pudding. If I had to chose between D'Antonio's record and Brewster's record, I would take D'Antonio's record in a heart beat.

Because people would rather find some ration that beating a bad Michigan team, Iowa once, Penn State once, Wisconsin once & Notre Dame 3 times is better then not beating them at all ala Brewster...

But wait! We beat a bad Purdue team!

See what I'm saying?

Because people would rather find some ration that beating a bad Michigan team, Iowa once, Penn State once, Wisconsin once & Notre Dame 3 times is better then not beating them at all ala Brewster...

But wait! We beat a bad Purdue team!

See what I'm saying?

I guess beating these teams only count if they are ranked in the top 10, otherwise it is no different than beating South Dakota. Wait, we can't beat South Dakota.

Fact: After losing to Brewster, Dantonio told the press that he was out-coached.

Fact: D'antonio has beaten Iowa, Wisconsin & Penn State...

Fact: Brewster has not...

Go ahead & try to spin this all you want. D'antonio is clearly the better coach...

The MSU fans at the game last year were none to pleased with him until they got back in the game. When the tide turned again they got even uglier. You can't win every game, but I think the big difference between Dantonio and Brew, as far as fan satisfaction goes, is he beats his schools rivals (Michigan and Notre Dame).

Go ahead & try to spin this all you want. D'antonio is clearly the better coach...

Well... like you said we did a bad Purdue team.... :rolleyes:

Well... like you said we did a bad Purdue team.... :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly...

At this point D'antonio is a better coach then Brewster & you won't find one person outside of the Minnesota fanbase that would say different...

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day... Would you want that clock or one that actually kept time?

So you *HONESTLY* think Brewster is a better coach then D'antonio...

NO... no... no... Brewster is the stopped clock. D'Antonio is to working clock, despite his ticker problem. ;)

D'Antonio is probably a better coach, but he certainly hasn't had a terrefic record either. The wins against Notre Dame mean almost nothing. Michigan also beat Notre Dame, do you think RichRod has been succesful at Michigan?

D'Antonio is probably a better coach, but he certainly hasn't had a terrefic record either. The wins against Notre Dame mean almost nothing. Michigan also beat Notre Dame, do you think RichRod has been succesful at Michigan?

Do you think Michigan State fans feel those Notre Dame wins mean nothing? Becuz their board was pretty damn happy last Saturday. Or what about beating Michigan? Have you ever been outside of Gopherhole & seen the reaction that happens between State fans & Mich fans when they play? Do you think they care or look that deep into the "state" of the other team?

So lets say Wisconsin or Iowa bombs this season...is a victory against them less sweeter? Do you think Gopher fans were upset that they beat an "average" Hawkeye team in 2006? You think South Dakota cared that they beat a "down" Minnesota or do you think they were ecstatic about their victory against a Big Ten team? And if USD beat us & brushed it off because we're not the 2003 or 1999 team then what does that tell you about the perception of Minnesota then?

Seriously it's like some of you want the Gophers to go 11-0 while beating nothing but Top 25 teams before you're satisfied...

but Brewster has a talented but young defense that will only get better and be a top 4 unit next year in the B10 when we have our breakout year.

what does D'Antonio have? Oh yea, signature wins and in his 2nd year at Michigan St coached his team to a New Year's Day game.

So Maturi could have hired D'Antonio and passed on him for Brewster? Is that why this is a debate?

I guess according to this logic then Danny Hope is a better coach than Jim Tressel. He is after all undefeated against Tressel.

I guess according to this logic then Danny Hope is a better coach than Jim Tressel. He is after all undefeated against Tressel.

Please read my post and tell me where I said that Brewster was the better coach, I was just helping the illinois eagle out with his facts. And then after I did nothing but list facts, he claimed it was "spin"

So Maturi could have hired D'Antonio and passed on him for Brewster? Is that why this is a debate?

Exactly. I never understand why people constantly compare D'Antonio to Brewster. Yes they both came to their programs in 2007 but D'Antonio was hired by MSU while Mason was still our coach. Now if you want to compare Brewster with Bo Pelini or Lane Kiffin that would be another story.

I don't know how this is even a debate. IMO, Dantonio and MSU > Brew and Minnesota. Even though we pulled one out from underneath them last year.

Top Bottom