Doogie: Unless U is holding out on info, Goetz has not raised $1 for facilities

Why?

He runs a football program and pounded every hour of the day into that. Doesn't mean he knows how to pick an AD to run a department.

Jerry was hired by the AD (obviously not Tongue) and I'm assuming they had a good working relationship and discussed the job over the course of 20+ years of coaching. I think he's more qualified that most to comment/share his opinion.

BA was just a football coach before he became the WI AD, seems to have worked ok for them. (Yes, I realize that is one example.)

Now I'm going to wash my mouth out with soap for complimenting the skunks.

Of course she has. That being said, as I also typed on the b-ball board, there's no way Doogie knows how much she's raised, nor would anyone in a position to know actually tell him.

I suspect what you said is the truth. I may be wrong, but I suspect Doogie just throws $h!t out there and hopes it sticks. I also think he knows that he is putting click bait out there for Gopher fans.

I have met and spent some time with Beth Goetz. She's polite and fairly articulate, but is not the force we need at the helm in terms of raising serious cash and managing high profile programs in men's BB, hockey and football. Her selection would send exactly the wrong message to many of the Gopher faithful. This will be a critical test for Kaler. Let's hope he doesn't flunk the course. She would be fine as the assistant AD in facilitating the management of the department's many details. Hopefully, someone can do a better job at managing TFC's calendar.

I suspect what you said is the truth. I may be wrong, but I suspect Doogie just throws $h!t out there and hopes it sticks. I also think he knows that he is putting click bait out there for Gopher fans.

You know for a fact that is what Doogie does. He is almost as bad a Pat.

No. There is no chance Sid knows what a podcast is.
His radio has been on the fritz since the pods took over anyway...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have met and spent some time with Beth Goetz. She's polite and fairly articulate, but is not the force we need at the helm in terms of raising serious cash and managing high profile programs in men's BB, hockey and football. Her selection would send exactly the wrong message to many of the Gopher faithful. This will be a critical test for Kaler. Let's hope he doesn't flunk the course. She would be fine as the assistant AD in facilitating the management of the department's many details. Hopefully, someone can do a better job at managing TFC's calendar.

I have basically been a Beth supporter, but this worries me. She sounds capable of running the day to day functions, but you need a person with charisma to represent a B1G program. The AD should have a presence about them that commands respect. That doesn't mean that I am jumping on the bandwagon of a few of the talking heads that want the job.

At first, I thought that she'll grow into the role of permanent AD as she gains more experience. Now, I get the same vibes that she'll be a good administrative type for academics & Title IX compliance, etc... She'll make an excellent second in command in charge of day to day operations.

We need someone with:

More savoir faire and comfort in handling the public - a person who is sure of themselves and exude a confident public persona.

Knowledge and experience in handling high profile sports.

Excellent fundraising skills.

Someone who will do what it takes to make football & basketball great. Hockey included.

A visionary like the way Jerry Kill set goals for the football program before illness derailed his career.

If in the end Beth becomes the permanent AD, it means we failed to get someone better.

Goetz seems like the easy, lazy pick to me as a hockey first fan and I don't like it. I think of the AD as a business, and when things are as effed up as they are you look outside for a CEO.

I have basically been a Beth supporter, but this worries me. She sounds capable of running the day to day functions, but you need a person with charisma to represent a B1G program. The AD should have a presence about them that commands respect. That doesn't mean that I am jumping on the bandwagon of a few of the talking heads that want the job.

At first, I thought that she'll grow into the role of permanent AD as she gains more experience. Now, I get the same vibes that she'll be a good administrative type for academics & Title IX compliance, etc... She'll make an excellent second in command in charge of day to day operations.

We need someone with:

More savoir faire and comfort in handling the public - a person who is sure of themselves and exude a confident public persona.

Knowledge and experience in handling high profile sports.

Excellent fundraising skills.

Someone who will do what it takes to make football & basketball great. Hockey included.

A visionary like the way Jerry Kill set goals for the football program before illness derailed his career.

If in the end Beth becomes the permanent AD, it means we failed to get someone better.

I agree with both.

PASSIONATE FUNDRAISER WANTS THIS JOB -- PETER NAJARIAN

I agree with both.

I believe that Peter Najarian is an exceptional candidate for A.D. He has been successful on the football field as the leading tackler as middle linebacker (aggressive and motivated).

He is currently a professional communicator on CNBC as a financial investment advisor. He is a very confident individual who is very passionate about achieving success just as rivals Wisconsin and Iowa have done. I think he really believes in the University of Minnesota and wants the chance to lead in its effort to restore the programs in football , basketball, and mens hockey.

He really wants the job, not out of necessity, but to restore pride and success here.

I believe that Peter Najarian is an exceptional candidate for A.D. He has been successful on the football field as the leading tackler as middle linebacker (aggressive and motivated).

He is currently a professional communicator on CNBC as a financial investment advisor. He is a very confident individual who is very passionate about achieving success just as rivals Wisconsin and Iowa have done. I think he really believes in the University of Minnesota and wants the chance to lead in its effort to restore the programs in football , basketball, and mens hockey.

He really wants the job, not out of necessity, but to restore pride and success here.

Maybe he's the guy...I just don't know.

I'm getting burned out from AD Scearch stress.

I'm trying to come up with something less relevant to being a successful AD than being a good LB, but haven't yet. Maybe hair color, but that is a toss up.

I'm trying to come up with something less relevant to being a successful AD than being a good LB, but haven't yet. Maybe hair color, but that is a toss up.

How about being a woman or black? Those would qualify.

Billy likes to drink soda
Miss Lippy's car is green

This is all a dog and pony circus to anoint Goetz and appease feminist sports critics. We will have wasted almost a million dollars and have nothing to show for it nor change anything about how the department functions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A must for any candidate is to put beating the skinks across the border and often one of the top priorities.

shud'na be no girls in sports anyhoo, right guys?

Picking Najarian does represent a level of risk. He is an "non-traditional" candidate - coming from outside the college sports world. Yes, he played college FB - but he has not been involved with college sports on a day-by-day basis for a long time.

Najarian could turn out to be a great AD - but he could also turn out to be a bust.

I get the sense that Kaler and the U of M hierarchy are very "risk-adverse" in the wake of the Teague fiasco, plus the multiple issues with Men's Basketball.

Therefore, I would strongly expect the U to go with a "safer" choice - someone with experience as an AD or at the least a top assistant at a D1 school. That is not Najarian.

Picking Najarian does represent a level of risk. He is an "non-traditional" candidate - coming from outside the college sports world. Yes, he played college FB - but he has not been involved with college sports on a day-by-day basis for a long time.

Najarian could turn out to be a great AD - but he could also turn out to be a bust.

I get the sense that Kaler and the U of M hierarchy are very "risk-adverse" in the wake of the Teague fiasco, plus the multiple issues with Men's Basketball.

Therefore, I would strongly expect the U to go with a "safer" choice - someone with experience as an AD or at the least a top assistant at a D1 school. That is not Najarian.

No risk -- no reward. An assistant is currently overseeing things now and is considered a " safer choice". The fundraising is off the charts and control of the mens basketball appears a non-issue.

shud'na be no girls in sports anyhoo, right guys?

Is this a Passive-aggressive (typical mn) suggestion that anyone against Goetz getting the AD job is simply against women in that role, period, ever? Because that's what it looks like.

Is this a Passive-aggressive (typical mn) suggestion that anyone against Goetz getting the AD job is simply against women in that role, period, ever? Because that's what it looks like.

I definitely did not read it that way. But to each their own

Top Bottom