Doogie: I have every reason to believe Richard Pitino WILL be back as Gophers coach, there are just no signs

Sure did. Appears to be a coward, imo.
I didn't follow the football situation closely- I just watch the games there. I just don't see him as being a coward regarding this situation. Right now, regardless of what he is considering, talking to the press is not helpful at all because the coach is still coaching. If he knows for sure he is keeping the coach- then by all means he should come out and say that Richard is our guy and be done with it. If he is torn on the issue for any reason (likes Pitino and might keep him or lacks assurance of a better option) then he can't talk. I would guess that is where he is at- he is either certain that he is firing Pitino or he is unsure.

He should have kept Claeys???

No wonder you cling to Pitino.
Did you read my post on the subject yesterday, genius? Reading comprehension issue?

Generally stoopid?

Did you read my post on the subject yesterday?

I try really hard to never read your posts, but I admit, occasionally I slip up and read one by mistake.

Trust me on this...I'll try harder.

The burning, underlying question in all this is:

What happens when we go on our upcoming 11-game winning streak?

Would Gopher fans still hold it against Richard Pitino for missing the NCAA Tourney this year, even if it ultimately gets cancelled? :unsure:

Do over?

Would Gopher fans still hold it against Richard Pitino for missing the NCAA Tourney this year, even if it ultimately gets cancelled? :unsure:

Do over?
Absolutely not. (n)

With the coronavirus epidemic this is a bad time to be swapping basketball coaches. Even getting on a plane is probably an unnecessary risk. Hunker down and regroup for next year.

With the coronavirus epidemic this is a bad time to be swapping basketball coaches. Even getting on a plane is probably an unnecessary risk. Hunker down and regroup for next year.
With our luck, we'll miss out on John Wooden again. Send a horse and buggy for Belein if you have to!

Do over?
It won't be cancelled, as we now know. So absolutely no chance.

It won't be cancelled, as we now know. So absolutely no chance.

No chance? 2 days ago the NCAA was fully committed to having fans in the house. Things changed.

No chance? 2 days ago the NCAA was fully committed to having fans in the house. Things changed.
No chance. They've made their decision and TV money/power alone dictates that this is what it will be.

Like I said, we're not dealing with ebola that spreads like measles, here. It's serious enough to cancel fan attendance, that makes sense. But people aren't dropping like flies.

= win vs NW today, lose tomorrow, and the gtfo Richard. Be gone

No chance. They've made their decision and TV money/power alone dictates that this is what it will be.

Like I said, we're not dealing with ebola that spreads like measles, here. It's serious enough to cancel fan attendance, that makes sense. But people aren't dropping like flies.

If a single player/coach (god forbid comes down with the virus), they get put into quarantine along with any team they played recently. God forbid.

I do regret connecting this to RP in any fashion, trying to be glib. Fail.

Do over?
The selection show reveals the teams in the tourney, if your called you made it if not you did not.

I didn't follow the football situation closely- I just watch the games there. I just don't see him as being a coward regarding this situation. Right now, regardless of what he is considering, talking to the press is not helpful at all because the coach is still coaching. If he knows for sure he is keeping the coach- then by all means he should come out and say that Richard is our guy and be done with it. If he is torn on the issue for any reason (likes Pitino and might keep him or lacks assurance of a better option) then he can't talk. I would guess that is where he is at- he is either certain that he is firing Pitino or he is unsure.
Fine if he brings him back. Will be in my seats but a bunch of folks are going to stay away.

Fine if he brings him back. Will be in my seats but a bunch of folks are going to stay away.
I will be in my seats either way. I still expect him to be fired but we will see.

The selection show reveals the teams in the tourney, if your called you made it if not you did not.
I get that. I was trying to bring some levity to Richard Pitino's plight and the tenuous status of the NCAA Tournament. My bad. I will wear that.

I have intentionally stayed out of Pitino's job status one way or another because each side is divided so vehemently, it's as toxic as today's politics. Really sad. At least you have said you will still support the team either way, which is more than some.

Last edited:

Jazz-Thunder postponed, 2 players undergoing evaluation for coronavirus. Huge blow, hope they are ok. Could happen just as easily to the NCAA players, god forbid.

Additional report is a man confirmed to have it was at the Gonzaga-BYU game in Provo a week ago. Experts think the risk is low others at the game may have got the virus from him, except those sitting nearby.

Be healthy.

Last edited:

I get that. I was trying to bring some levity to Richard Pitino's plight and the tenuous status of the NCAA Tournament. My bad. I will wear that.

I have intentionally stayed out of Pitino's job status one way or another because each side is divided so vehemently, it's as toxic as today's politics. Really sad. At least you have said you will still support the team either way, which is more than some.
My fault for not getting your humor. Mistakenly thought you were being that fan who wants gifts for coach that he has not earned. Which actually is just fine, everyone is different.

It doesn't seem like a good time to be conducting a coaching search. I'm now in the camp that says Pitino will be back.

Top Bottom