Does anyone have any real damn info?

pel76

Reaction score
I've never read such bs in my life. Its safe to say no media member knows what the hell they are talking about right?

So because you don't want to believe it, it isn't correct.

pssssh. haha.

it really isn't when you are looking for correct info. I will never understand the media hiding *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# from people.

I don't think they are hiding anything, I just don't think they really know anything.

pssssh. haha.

not at all. i think its alll already been said that 99% of the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# posted here over the last 2 days has been BS yet people keep making stuff up. fedora(WHO) is here, Mullen is the guy, Houston Nutt took a crap at bierman. this guy this guy and this guy said no thanks. stop reporting stupid crap until you have a direct quote from the coach. *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# 2 days ago Miami's new coach was Gruden who was signed now Mullen is suppose to be the top guy? No one knows anything so why make it up.

I made a pretty good Teen Wolf joke earlier, though it's been somewhat unappreciated I feel.

pssssh. haha.

Um, no one knows what is or is not correct. Doesn't matter whether I like the content or not...if the rumor has no source I go meh. If I like it I also think "please be true" and if I don't like it I think "please don't be true". But IMHO its all BS until it comes directly from the U. Just easier that way.

According to Joe Schmit, Gruden is heading to the 'Canes, so what does that mean for Mullen and the rest?

http://twitter.com/#!/joe_schmit

Final details being hammered out, barring last minute glitch, Jon Gruden will be next Miami Hurricanes football coach.

The only real info we know is that Maturi flew to San Diego and talked to Hoke...everything else has basically been rumors

The media had no clue about Brewster being hired. Even less clue about Tubby being hired. But this one, they are all over it.

Season ended Saturday. Candidates want to meet AD, maybe Prez, definitely see facilities if it's over a 5-6 year deal. What if they had a banquet on Sunday like the Gophs? Pushed back to Monday or Tuesday.

Media has zero clue, just like the rest of us. Is our future coach coaching this weekend? That's another week.

Somebody should actually put a list together off all of the people that the U is looking at because it has to be a pretty big list.

Is our future coach coaching this weekend? That's another week.

That's a huge question mark that has been sporadically brought up, but largely ignored. We may not know until sometime mid- to late next week. It's probably going to cause my major body systems to start shutting down if that happens, but it's a strong possibility.

I feel like the less we know the better. We all want info, but not at the expense of failing to hire the best possible coach. I think it is a good sign that nobody really knows who the Gophers are targeting.

I don't know why anyone believes all the crap that's out there...isn't one of the purposes of hiring a search firm to keep things confidential??? it's their job to keep it under wraps...we are paying them thousands of dollars to conduct a search and to do it confidentially. The only reason that we know that Maturi talked with Hoke is because someone saw him on the plane from San Diego and Hoke confirmed he talked to us...we will continue to have no idea what's really going on until the 'U' tweets who the new hire is

The only true news story you can count on is ........ Sid wants Horton to be the coach!

Other wise file it under some reporter wanting to make a paycheck. I think that if the Vikings were good this year we would not be getting the present circus.

pssssh. haha.

Absolutely not. That we don't give the rumors credibility has nothing to do with not wanting to believe it. It is simply that the rumors, even those supposedly from "credible sources" have been false. When you are fed a constant stream of false information, there is reason not to believe the next rumor.

I've never read such bs in my life. Its safe to say no media member knows what the hell they are talking about right?

This.

There are four to 8 people who know. Maturi, Bruininks, Kaler, the new coach and his family.

The only way a local media guy gets the scoop is if they happen to be on a plane or at the airport when the guy comes in, and if the media guy is a KFAN employee he won't recognize a College Coach!:rolleyes:

Its safe to say no media member knows what the hell they are talking about right?

Why did it take a coaching search for you to figure this out? If it's not a lack of (credible) sources, it's a complete and total lack of understanding of the sport they cover.

This.

There are four to 8 people who know. Maturi, Bruininks, Kaler, the new coach and his family.

The only way a local media guy gets the scoop is if they happen to be on a plane or at the airport when the guy comes in, and if the media guy is a KFAN employee he won't recognize a College Coach!:rolleyes:

Agents wouldn't know? Assistants on the head guy's staff who need to start packing for a move to MN wouldn't know? Mona, who may give the tip to Max or Sid wouldn't know? Dungy wouldn't know? Associate ADs wouldn't know? The booster providing a private plane wouldn't know? Iceland12: let's do lunch Friday again... I can lay out further why there's more than 4-8 people who will know when the handshake agreement takes place.

So doogs what CONCRETE info do you have if more than 4-8 people are in the know.

Maturi told a couple people that he was in Omaha in the last five days to meet w/ Jeff J. I spoke with pres. Bruininks on Monday at the Barn (he was in sec. 116, three rows in front of us w/ his wife)... said that it would be done "soon" ... and that he is "happy with the pool of candidates... it's solid."
Maturi & Mona were in San Diego to meet w/ Hoke... Hoke's agent, Trace Armstrong, has spoken with the "U"... I never, like Tom Dienhart, said that Hoke was out... he's always been in, just not 100% sure if he is genuinely interested in the MN job, or just wants more $$ in San Diego.
I have not heard that Calhoun & Golden have said no.
Randy Shannon called a friend here 5 weeks ago, asking if they would have interest in him.
Kevin Sumlin has interest in the job, but hasn't been interviewed in person.
Dan Mullen is willing to come for a package totaling $25 mil. over 5-years... the $5 mil. per year would be divided between him and his staff.
Most coaches want a say in who the next AD is, and are curious about what the new pres. is all about.
Tubby is pushing for Fulmer.
Dungy would love Trestman or Shannon... maybe one other, but heard on those two.
Likely forgetting a nugget or two... I will post this on 1500espn.com later if I have time... it's a good question.

Maturi told a couple people that he was in Omaha in the last five days to meet w/ Jeff J. I spoke with pres. Bruininks on Monday at the Barn (he was in sec. 116, three rows in front of us w/ his wife)... said that it would be done "soon" ... and that he is "happy with the pool of candidates... it's solid."
Maturi & Mona were in San Diego to meet w/ Hoke... Hoke's agent, Trace Armstrong, has spoken with the "U"... I never, like Tom Dienhart, said that Hoke was out... he's always been in, just not 100% sure if he is genuinely interested in the MN job, or just wants more $$ in San Diego.
I have not heard that Calhoun & Golden have said no.
Randy Shannon called a friend here 5 weeks ago, asking if they would have interest in him.
Kevin Sumlin has interest in the job, but hasn't been interviewed in person.
Dan Mullen is willing to come for a package totaling $25 mil. over 5-years... the $5 mil. per year would be divided between him and his staff.
Most coaches want a say in who the next AD is, and are curious about what the new pres. is all about.
Tubby is pushing for Fulmer.
Dungy would love Trestman or Shannon... maybe one other, but heard on those two.
Likely forgetting a nugget or two... I will post this on 1500espn.com later if I have time... it's a good question.

These are all good tidbits. I'm also currious if Jerry Kill and Mike Stoops could be in the mix at all. They have games this coming weekend. Sounds like most of these guys are interviewing Maturi. Hope he doesn't fail the interview process.

Mike Stoops recently went through a bitter divorce, so not sure how custody was decided with his kids... a move right now may not work for him... as for Kill, heck of an effort this year... concerns over health? I have not heard his name at all... but it would not shock me if one of the finalists is someone who hasn't been discussed at length at all.

Maturi told a couple people that he was in Omaha in the last five days to meet w/ Jeff J.

First point: NOOOOOOO.

Second point: Do it. Do it now.

Top Bottom