Do you think Iowa plays like a Top 5 team in the nation?

Do you think Iowa plays like a Top 5 team in the nation?

• Hell no.

Votes: 61 77.2%
  • yes

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Outrushed by 160 and turned that into a six point win. Impressive indeed. So are they top 5, or do you want to keep tapdancing and say Top 10?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Outrushed by 160 and turned that into a six point win. Impressive indeed. So are they top 5, or do you want to keep tapdancing and say Top 10?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Wow, you scored a late garbage TD to make the score look closer than it really was. Impressive. Must have missed that part where the game was within single digits for like a whole minute and a half of gametime in the 2nd half. Man, you really had us on the ropes there. LOL

Top 5 can be argued. There are only a few teams in the country I would be scared to play. Probably less than 5 of them. That is subjective and a valid argument. Saying they're not Top 10 is just so retarded it makes we wonder if someone has actually watched football before.

You havent told me who Iowa has played. A beaten up Wisconsin? Northwestern? Are they the really the only impressive win? The eye test says you're not that talented except in spots. I will give props to your QB and your line. Look for about 15 teams listed behin Iowa in the rankings for the better teams.

Like i said, i suspect I'm going to enjoy this postseason.

Okay, genius, list the 10 teams that you think are better than Iowa.

I'm preparing to laugh my ass off.

Iowa has a great defense, they just played like **** today. Happen to catch the Michigan game? Number 1 rush D in the country gave up over 300 yards on the ground and 48 points. It happens.

If you want playmakers, try the corner that shutdown an entire half of the field tonight and leads the country with 8 INTs. How about the MLB that had 15 tackles last week at Indiana. Iowa has great players at every level of the defense.

Clemson
OSU
Bama
ND
Oklahoma St
Oklahoma
Florida
Baylor
Mich St
Michigan

I also think Stanford, FSU, and UNC are better. You can laugh at that all you want, but the Hawkeyes lose to these teams more than they'd win with other factors being equal.

You havent told me who Iowa has played. A beaten up Wisconsin? Northwestern? Are they the really the only impressive win? The eye test says you're not that talented except in spots. I will give props to your QB and your line. Look for about 15 teams listed behin Iowa in the rankings for the better teams.

Like i said, i suspect I'm going to enjoy this postseason.

And I'm still waiting for you to tell me who you think is better than Iowa. I'm not arguing that they're one of the elite teams in Big Ten history, only that in this particular season, they are one of the 10 best in America.

Something tells me that you don't follow college football very closely, which is fine, but it's time to put up or shut up and stop looking like a total idiot.

Clemson (arguable. Beat Notre Dame in a monsoon. Went on the road today and beat a 3-7 Syracuse team by a whopping 10 points, giving up 27 on defense. How is that any better than Iowa's performance today? Pretty sure SU was playing their 3rd string QB, too.
OSU (should have lost to Indiana. played a 7 point game with Northern Illinois. I'll give you this one)
Bama (agreed)
ND (arguable. Who have they beaten? Temple got rolled today by South Florida).
Oklahoma St (LMFAO. They should have about 3 losses. Thoroughly outplayed today by an Iowa State team that we handled in Ames. This proves you know very little about the sport. If you want a team that barely belongs in the Top 20, this is the one.
Oklahoma (lost to an AWFUL Texas team. I agree, probably better than Iowa.)
Florida (Absolutely ridiculous. Beat Vandy 9-7. Iowa is not only better, they are SIGNIFICANTLY better and a much more balanced, all-around team. Forida's offense is middle school JV level).
Baylor (Agree)
Mich St (Ridiculous. Should have multiple losses. Defense is not very good this year, and they struggle to run the ball. Cook is a stud, but Iowa has the far better TEAM. It's really not that close)
Michigan (must have missed their barn-burner with Indiana today. They played much closer games with IU and Minn (should have lost both). Iowa was in no real danger against either team. Iowa has the better OL, running game, and QB. They're using our sloppy seconds at QB. Kid wasn't even good enough to play at Iowa. D was absolutely TORCHED today, so by the standards of this board, they suck, lack defensive playmakers, and aren't worthy a Top 20 ranking. Would give my left arm to have a crack at them in the Indy.)

I also think Stanford, FSU, and UNC are better. You can laugh at that all you want, but the Hawkeyes lose to these teams more than they'd win with other factors being equal.

Stanford got completely shutdown by a Northwestern team who's ass we kicked. FSU is a shell of what they were last year. Iowa is multiple scores better. UNC would be a tough matchup but they lost to a HORRIBLE South Carolina team.

Pathetic effort.

Weve played 3 teams this season that were better and more talented than you. Our depleted squad put up 434 yards vs your defense, in Iowa city. I'd say you are maybe the 4th best team in the Big Ten, and one goal-line fumble from being defeated at Wisconsin.

Look, your record looks nice, but you have an undeniably weak schedule. You can try to attack me, etc, but i think you know youre more of a top 20 type team, at best.

We have a world class troll. When we start seeing the multiple "you know nothing about football" type posts it is time to wrap it up. Rational arguments to the wayside. Ban hammer?

Oh no, not a banhammer. If you're representative of the quality of poster here, I could get more intelligent football conversation by going into a pet store and whacking a gerbil on the head with a mallet. You're barely even worth my time and effort.

Clemson (arguable. Beat Notre Dame in a monsoon. Went on the road today and beat a 3-7 Syracuse team by a whopping 10 points, giving up 27 on defense. How is that any better than Iowa's performance today? Pretty sure SU was playing their 3rd string QB, too.
OSU (should have lost to Indiana. played a 7 point game with Northern Illinois. I'll give you this one)
Bama (agreed)
ND (arguable. Who have they beaten? Temple got rolled today by South Florida).
Oklahoma St (LMFAO. They should have about 3 losses. Thoroughly outplayed today by an Iowa State that we handled in Ames. This proves you know very little about the sport.
Oklahoma (lost to an AWFUL Texas team. I agree, probably better than Iowa.)
Florida (Absolutely ridiculous. Beat Vandy 9-7. Iowa is not only better, they are SIGNIFICANTLY better and a much more balanced, all-around team).
Baylor (Agree)
Mich St (Ridiculous. Should have multiple losses. Defense is not very good this year, and they struggle to run the ball. Cook is a stud, but Iowa has the far better TEAM. It's really not that close)
Michigan (must have missed their barn-burner with Indiana today. They played much closer games with IU and Minn (should have lost both). Iowa was in no real danger against either team. Iowa has the better OL, running game, and QB. They're using our sloppy seconds at QB. Kid wasn't even good enough to play at Iowa)

Stanford got completely shutdown by a Northwestern team who's ass we kicked. FSU is a shell of what they were last year. Iowa is multiple scores better. UNC would be a tough matchup but they lost to HORRIBLE South Carolina team

Your comments about Clemson and Ohio St demonstrate how delusional you are. I can't prove I'm right just like you can't prove you are. These are my opinions based on the level of talent and information about he teams I can find. Iowa has as many if not more flaws than these teams listed. I wouldn't bet on Iowa against these teams if they played head to head on a neutral field in ideal conditions right now.

Oh no, not a banhammer. If you're representative of the quality of poster here, I could get more intelligent football conversation by going into a pet store and whacking a gerbil on the head with a mallet. You're barely even worth my time and effort.

Bwahahahaha!!!
Funny stuff...

Wow, you scored a late garbage TD to make the score look closer than it really was. Impressive. Must have missed that part where the game was within single digits for like a whole minute and a half of gametime in the 2nd half. Man, you really had us on the ropes there. LOL Top 5 can be argued. There are only a few teams in the country I would be scared to play. Probably less than 5 of them. That is subjective and a valid argument. Saying they're not Top 10 is just so retarded it makes we wonder if someone has actually watched football before.
Hard to blast the Gophers late "garbage" touchdown while conveniently forgetting your own late garbage touchdown. Remember the one with 2:00 left when the Gophers sold out on the run and your blocker tackled our linebacker?

Clemson
OSU
Bama
ND
Oklahoma St
Oklahoma
Florida
Baylor
Mich St
Michigan

Having seen the Gophers play both Michigan and Iowa, I would say that Iowa is a little better than Michigan. From what I have seen of Michigan State this year, Iowa might be at least as good or better than them.

I don't think Iowa is a playoff level team, but they're probably a top 10 team.

I know it irks some fans that a team the Gophers beat handily last year is now 10-0 while the Gophers are 4-6, but I never get mad at other teams for improving and doing their jobs well. I get mad at my team for deteriorating and not doing its job well.

As much as I hate to say it and it sounds like whining, but the difference in that game was the refs. After that our Lbs had their worst game of the year, probably worse than Nebraska. I thought to myself while d Campbell let a punt slowly bounce from the 5 to the 9, head not in the game. Cody Poock was miserable as well. Too bad. We knew they were going to run and couldn't stop it at all. Not in the area code. But still a likely win if not for the awful one sided calls.

I remember at least three times when former college football All-American, four-time NFL Super Bowl champion linebacker and experienced broadcaster Matt Millen complimented Poock on his performance. Perhaps your assessment of Poock is based on something other than his play last night.

If roles were reversed and Iowa fans were here talking about soft schedule and being overrated we'd be annoyed

Iowa won. We gave them.a run but our defense gave up 2 95 yard drives..if our defense was healthy maybe different, but it wasn't

Whining about them being overrated comes off as sour grapes

Ill root for Iowa to beat osu

Iowa is good. They remind me of the Wisconsin teams of the recent past. Very, very good, but rarely "elite" in terms of national rankings. Very good O-line, talented RB's who take advantage of huge holes (and have the speed to breakaway), QB who takes care of the ball and makes the throws he should, D that is extremely solid in the front 7 and good enough in back. This is the type of team certain B1G programs outside OSU (and now probably Mich and MSU) will produce every few years.

They might be one of the top 5 teams this year (certainly top 10), but much of that is due to the fact that the top of the nation is just generally down this year, IMO. Again, just an opinion, but does anyone think this Iowa team competes with last year's CFP teams...or even last year's TCU, Baylor, MSU, Miss St, etc? I honestly don't. But this year, there's no denying they're one of the best teams. Kudos to them. I think MN can do the same next year or the year after.

Iowa is good. They remind me of the Wisconsin teams of the recent past. Very, very good, but rarely "elite" in terms of national rankings. Very good O-line, talented RB's who take advantage of huge holes (and have the speed to breakaway), QB who takes care of the ball and makes the throws he should, D that is extremely solid in the front 7 and good enough in back. This is the type of team certain B1G programs outside OSU (and now probably Mich and MSU) will produce every few years.

They might be one of the top 5 teams this year (certainly top 10), but much of that is due to the fact that the top of the nation is just generally down this year, IMO. Again, just an opinion, but does anyone think this Iowa team competes with last year's CFP teams...or even last year's TCU, Baylor, MSU, Miss St, etc? I honestly don't. But this year, there's no denying they're one of the best teams. Kudos to them. I think MN can do the same next year or the year after.

Agree 100%. Trying to run them down is sour grapes.

Iowa played a very good game offensively. They are making the most of their opportunity.

Weve played 3 teams this season that were better and more talented than you. Our depleted squad put up 434 yards vs your defense, in Iowa city. I'd say you are maybe the 4th best team in the Big Ten, and one goal-line fumble from being defeated at Wisconsin.

Look, your record looks nice, but you have an undeniably weak schedule. You can try to attack me, etc, but i think you know youre more of a top 20 type team, at best.

This guy may be an especially irritating troller, but methinks you're taking this loss a bit too personally. Our "depleted squad" racked up 461 yards against Michigan (at the time in the top two nationally in defense) and held them to 296 yards. Last week, we held Ohio State to 376 yards but Iowa racked up 506 against us. Unfortunately, although our offense is noticeably improved, we're still just playing well enough to lose respectably to good or very good teams. I guess that's better than the Northwestern and Nebraska performances anyway.

Why does the name on the opponent's jersey matter to you so much? A loss is a loss.

I was thinking something similar, but you expressed it very well. Iowa is this season's Wisconsin.

This guy may be an especially irritating troller, but methinks you're taking this loss a bit too personally. Our "depleted squad" racked up 461 yards against Michigan (at the time in the top two nationally in defense) and held them to 296 yards. Last week, we held Ohio State to 376 yards but Iowa racked up 506 against us. Unfortunately, although our offense is noticeably improved, we're still just playing well enough to lose respectably to good or very good teams. I guess that's better than the Northwestern and Nebraska performances anyway.

Why does the name on the opponent's jersey matter to you so much? A loss is a loss.

Playing on the road is a bit tougher than playing at home. Don't you think?

I am complimentary of Iowa where deserved. On the other hand, they have no impressive victories outside Northwestern. They "should" have lost to a depleted Wisconsin except for an unforced goal line fumble. Their defense was awful last night.

You can put them in the Top 10 if you wish. I don't.

Agree 100%. I think the top of college football is down this year as well. When Clemson and OSU, who have both looked extremely pedestrian at times this year, are considered slam-dunk, Top 4 locks, it's a weak year overall. Iowa can and will be competitive with either team, IMO.

Good luck to you guys against Bucky. Hope you take back the Axe.

Playing on the road is a bit tougher than playing at home. Don't you think?

Probably most of the time, but OSU gained 376 yards at home against us vs. Iowa's 506. Iowa has a very well balanced offense with a very effective dual threat QB. We've been shredded by the run on multiple occasions but last night was as bad as I've seen in the last couple of years. Their pass defense definitely looked suspect but that was the second most passing yards given up by Iowa this season, the most total yards given up by Iowa this season, and the most points given up. I'm sure you've noticed that our passing offense has greatly improved as Leidner and the receivers have responded very well to their new freedom.

I just think you have a status quo mindset. You don't mind seeing teams like OSU, Michigan, or Wisconsin dominate the standings but you can't stand the idea of a more middle-of-the pack team rising up and leaving your team in the dust.

I will extend my bet to you. Care to wager on the title game? Put your money where your mouth is on this? Or are you just blowing smoke like our friend from down south.

Any RB can run behind a good line, as Iowa has proven. What are the S&P+ ratings of the defenses Iowa has played against?

Some fans look at wins and losses, such as FSU last season. Others take other factors into account. There are big chinks in the armor with Iowa, for sure. Teams don't generally jump from also ran to legitimate Top 5 teams from one season to the next. Sure, we can run down a slate of cream puffs and claim to be great next year but that won't be as satisfying to me. I'd like to prove myself vs the best. Wouldn't you?

Probably most of the time, but OSU gained 376 yards at home against us vs. Iowa's 506. Iowa has a very well balanced offense with a very effective dual threat QB. We've been shredded by the run on multiple occasions but last night was as bad as I've seen in the last couple of years. Their pass defense definitely looked suspect but that was the second most passing yards given up by Iowa this season, the most total yards given up by Iowa this season, and the most points given up. I'm sure you've noticed that our passing offense has greatly improved as Leidner and the receivers have responded very well to their new freedom.

I just think you have a status quo mindset. You don't mind seeing teams like OSU, Michigan, or Wisconsin dominate the standings but you can't stand the idea of a more middle-of-the pack team rising up and leaving your team in the dust.

Not at all. I said Michigan was awful the last few seasons, because they were a poorly coached team.

I'm saying Iowa is not as good as their record. To me, it's obvious.

It should also be noted JT was out vs OSU.

QBs matter. Their defense is on a different tier than Iowa.

It should also be noted JT was out vs OSU.

QBs matter. Their defense is on a different tier than Iowa.

Yes, they do and JT by most measures is a more difficult assignment than Cardale, but OSU scored one more point (albiet away) with JT against Illinois than they did against us. OSU's defense certainly looked better than Iowa's against us, but the difference in yardage per game given up this season isn't much (about 16 yards a game advantage for OSU). It also cannot be argued that OSU has played a particularly difficult schedule. In fact, Iowa's schedule is ranked #55 by Sagarin compared to OSU's #67.

Top Bottom