Do you need another reason to loathe Burt Bulimia?

I am the reason most people read this board. Thanks for the compliment.

I gotta agree with UR on this one. Unregistered User has become one of my favorite posters, hands down.

The insecurity level of GV is borderline frightening. "I wonder what they're saying about me or my Badgers today?"

I gotta agree with UR on this one. Unregistered User has become one of my favorite posters, hands down.

The insecurity level of GV is borderline frightening. "I wonder what they're saying about me or my Badgers today?"

This. For every Badger Troll we at least need mutiple Troll Ballbusters since we can't get any off them booted. I know myself and Dpodoll are happy to fulfill this role also. I guess we all have "issues".

It is funny, Badgers fans claim not to care about the fact that the Gophers have six national titles. But mention it, and they get all flustered. For people who don't care, they really care an awful lot. It's downright Pavlovian. Mention the 6 national titles, and Badger fans get all upset.

In the past 15 years, Michigan has won a national title, gone to 4 Rose Bowls, won or tied for 5 Big Ten championships, and been better than Wisconsin in 10 of those 15 years (96, 97, 98, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07). I'll even grant Wisconsin '99 & '08, years in which they were defeated by Michigan.

People will have to refresh my memory if any Gopher coaches, players or fans were crowing about being "beyond" Penn State during a 4 game winning streak from '99 to '04. I don't remember it.

I can't believe I have to defend Michigan's football program, but apparently it has come to this, thanks to Bret Bielema & GVBadger.

Hell, I think even Michigan St and O$U would defend Michigan in this case. F Bucky and their absurd egos. I can't wait until they go 8-4.

Right now Michigan has the #3 ranked class according to Rivals. Coming off a 7-6 season with a new coach, who isn't exactly a sexy name. I wonder why they are able to get so many highly ranked recruits? Oh yeah, BECAUSE THEY'RE MICHIGAN. Saying that Wisconsin is in any way, shape or form "beyond" Michigan is more laughable than anything Brewster ever said.

It's a bit premature to count Michigan out for the long term. I'm sure he would like to create the perception the Wisconsin has eclipsed Michigan for the forseeable future.

unbelievable quote from butt b.
Arrogant much? Especially from a guy who was basically handed a stable program with the recipe book, and told not to stray from it.

Counting out Michigan for the long term is stupid, but also counting ON wisky for the long term is stupid. Look what happened to Nebraska and Michigan, 2 programs with history and tradition that recruit for themselves, they made coaching moves, hit a low period and in Nebraska's case now has rebounded. I really find it hard to believe wisky could rebound if they went through a thin period like michigan and nebraska did. BB is just arrogant/stupid enough to change alverez's formula someday, especially if Chryst/alverez leave.

He's the dumb meathead bully who got handed the keys by daddy dearest and now pretends like he's god's gift.

It's a bit premature to count Michigan out for the long term. I'm sure he would like to create the perception the Wisconsin has eclipsed Michigan for the forseeable future.

Somebody gets it. It is not that difficult.

It is funny, Badgers fans claim not to care about the fact that the Gophers have six national titles. But mention it, and they get all flustered. For people who don't care, they really care an awful lot. It's downright Pavlovian. Mention the 6 national titles, and Badger fans get all upset.

I care about the Gophers "National Titles" as much as I care about Princeton's and Yale's, which is to say I don't care at all. If you don't get how entertaining this board is reading Gophers fans trying to rationalize 50 crappy years of football because they won some National Titles over a half century ago, then I can't help you.

If people would talk football on this board and stop trying to be comedians, I would probably never visit.

Nothing is more entertaining for me than insecure little twerps who puff their chests out based on athletic accomplishments that they had absolutely nothing to do with.

Unbelieveable...

Thank you ... At least someone realized the actual question he was asked was about TRADITION. He either quickly ignored that aspect for a reason, misheard the question, or really does think Wisconsin has better tradition than Michigan.

I hope it is one of the first 2, if it is the 3rd I question his mental stability. That's more outlandish than Brewster promising Rose Bowls.

Nothing is more entertaining for me than insecure little twerps who puff their chests out based on athletic accomplishments that they had absolutely nothing to do with.

umm, then how do you feel about gopher fans that puff their chest out about national championships won before the mass majority of them were born?

I absolutely get why gopher fans hate BB. However, to call him immature (OK, maybe going for 2 was a bit immature), or a character risk of some sort is preposterous. He runs a clean program, recruits high character kids, and is very active in the community. People who say he is an immature punk are obviously speaking out of jealously and not an actual informed opinion.

But, of course you're going to feel that way. It hasn't been very pleasant as a UofM football fan for the recent past, and UW has had a very successful 20 year run.

And sorry for posting on a rival message board. I realize this makes me scum of the earth. But GH does provide some very entertaining material.

umm, then how do you feel about gopher fans that puff their chest out about national championships won before the mass majority of them were born?

I absolutely get why gopher fans hate BB. However, to call him immature (OK, maybe going for 2 was a bit immature), or a character risk of some sort is preposterous. He runs a clean program, recruits high character kids, and is very active in the community. People who say he is an immature punk are obviously speaking out of jealously and not an actual informed opinion.

But, of course you're going to feel that way. It hasn't been very pleasant as a UofM football fan for the recent past, and UW has had a very successful 20 year run.

And sorry for posting on a rival message board. I realize this makes me scum of the earth. But GH does provide some very entertaining material.
I don't do it. I can't control everybody else. Do people run on the Badgers board and brag about the Gophers' titles? I don't know, because I have no interest in posting there. I don't see anyone calling him a character risk. I called him a meathead and will continue to do so. Saying that the Wisconsin football program is beyond Michigan because they've beaten them twice in two years is idiotic, no matter how you slice it. Bo Ryan didn't beat Tubby for two seasons. I guess that means that the men's hoops program has far eclipsed Wisconsin's?

He's the perfect coach for your program. Congrats.
He's no damn angel, Kraig Appleton wasn't a "high character kid".
He will absolutely get his, he's so arrogant its hilarious.
Enjoy your ride up high there, the crash down will be tough when you look back at how you defended this clown.

He's the perfect coach for your program. Congrats.
He's no damn angel, Kraig Appleton wasn't a "high character kid".
He will absolutely get his, he's so arrogant its hilarious.
Enjoy your ride up high there, the crash down will be tough when you look back at how you defended this clown.

I hate BB. Hate Him. Say what you will about that, but to call him out for recruiting some kids that don't turn out is not fair IMO. Every program & coach has them. I know more from the basketball side, but, Tubby has had them, Izzo has, Bo Ryan has, everyone. As long as the coach isn't behind their character issues (a la Tressel) it's tough to control.

I don't do it. I can't control everybody else. Do people run on the Badgers board and brag about the Gophers' titles? I don't know, because I have no interest in posting there. I don't see anyone calling him a character risk. I called him a meathead and will continue to do so. Saying that the Wisconsin football program is beyond Michigan because they've beaten them twice in two years is idiotic, no matter how you slice it. Bo Ryan didn't beat Tubby for two seasons. I guess that means that the men's hoops program has far eclipsed Wisconsin's?

Actually, I think it was last year (maybe the season before?), there was a Badger fan saying their program was ahead of Nebraska's as well. It's statements like that, and the one regarding Michigan recently, that are just plain laughable.

Good grief, the Badgers were two missed XP's last year from playing in the Outback Bowl and now they think they're in the midst of some kind of dynasty?

Winning or losing, there's no way I would want Bret B representing my University. Period. The guy was put in a position where it would have been incredibly difficult to fail. He makes juvenile comments in the media that you just don't hear big-time coaches saying. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Badger fans who claim the dislike for BB is because of some sort of jealousy are neglecting the fact that nobody said those kinds of things about Barry, or JoePa, or Hayden Frye, of Bo. Those gentlemen were successful, and had class. BB has enjoyed some of the former, but will likely never experience the latter.

Actually, I think it was last year (maybe the season before?), there was a Badger fan saying their program was ahead of Nebraska's as well. It's statements like that, and the one regarding Michigan recently, that are just plain laughable.

Good grief, the Badgers were two missed XP's last year from playing in the Outback Bowl and now they think they're in the midst of some kind of dynasty?

Winning or losing, there's no way I would want Bret B representing my University. Period. The guy was put in a position where it would have been incredibly difficult to fail. He makes juvenile comments in the media that you just don't hear big-time coaches saying. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Badger fans who claim the dislike for BB is because of some sort of jealousy are neglecting the fact that nobody said those kinds of things about Barry, or JoePa, or Hayden Frye, of Bo. Those gentlemen were successful, and had class. BB has enjoyed some of the former, but will likely never experience the latter.

Exactly. wisky fans should be damn proud of Alverez and what he built for them. Nobody will ever question a successful coach who does it with class. BB has none.

BTW scher, i agree, we have them, everybody does, but I was playing devil's advocate with the badger troll who was painting BB as some sort of saint. Appleton was the most recent wisky thug i could think of.

I'm sensing a whole bunch of mad in this thread. Did GVBadger post in here?

I, like Breakin' The Plane normally don't do that either. However, I do find it very tiring when I read posts made by people who think Gopher fans are the only ones who embrace their history.

One could find criticism for:
LSU fans, who prior to 2003, embraced their 1 National Championship (1958)
Ole Miss fans, who remind people they claim 3 National titles (1959, 1960, 1962)
Arkansas fans (1964 - only 1)
Clemson fans (1981 - only 1)
Kentucky fans (1950)
Auburn fans, prior to last year, who embraced their 1957 championship
UCLA fans (1954)
Tennessee has 6 claimed National Titles (1 of which is post 1967)

I could go on and on with teams and fans who do this sort of stuff. Not all do and some are very consistent at having been Top 25 teams etc.

Lastly, regarding Bielema. Someday "karma" wil pay a nice visit to him for his off the field comments and his on the field decisions. He will have very few in his corner (conference wide) feeling sorry for him.

The bigger question is why is the Wisconsin coach on KFAN? As the Gopher flag ship station are they continuing to do whatever they can to promote other Big 10 schools?

I think you are way off base here. As the Gopher's flagship station, it would seem to be their duty to report on other Big Ten Conference teams. Much more than before. Would it make any sense to announce games for the Vikings and never interview other team's coaches and players, experts that may comment on other teams, opine about the other conference?

Some folks here need much thicker skin. It is unbelievable.

My bringing up Gopher National Championships is almost ALWAYS in response to some badger fan mouthing off about what a great program they have. Will a badger fan please go on the record stating at what point history no longer matters? 40 years? 30? 20? So Notre Dame is on par with Minnesota. Wait, it's less than that, since Michigan is a "has been", it must be 5 years. If so, wisconsin is no longer allowed to crow about their success in the 90s. GV, you can come back to the conversation, getting called out for being a jerk(and/or illiterate) wasn't that embarrassing.

If it's sad to be proud of national championships won 50+ years ago, it's remarkably more sad to discount another program's proud history to make you feel better about your lack of any.

BB will get fired eventually...
He'll screw up, & then poof, buh bye.

Exactly. wisky fans should be damn proud of Alverez and what he built for them. Nobody will ever question a successful coach who does it with class. BB has none.

BTW scher, i agree, we have them, everybody does, but I was playing devil's advocate with the badger troll who was painting BB as some sort of saint. Appleton was the most recent wisky thug i could think of.

I always get a kick out of opposing fans who have canonized Barry, now that he isn't the coach, as I was reading these same Boards when Barry was coaching and back then he, too, was "classless." Granted, Brett doesn't have the polish Barry has (and Barry didn't always have it either) and Brett certainly said some pretty dumb things when he was a very young coach. Over the last couple of years, however, he has become more media-savvy and matured. I don't expect you all to agree with that, since you don't see/read about him much and his relationship with Brewster was, as they say, rocky.

I really liked Bielema's comments at the B1G media days especially (probably paraphrased) "All my coaches have children. I tell them that if they are recruiting a kid and wouldn't be comfortable having that kid babysit their children when they aren't around, quit recruiting him."

Yeah I agree that's a little ridiculous but I think the main reason Minnesota fans don't like BB is because he's won to profoundly since taking over and the Gophers program has mainly floundered.

I think Minnesota should strive to be like Wisconsin ON THE FIELD. I mean, both teams essentially fish from the same recruiting pool. I don't like how Brett B conducts himself.

No, I hate him because he's an a**. I hate the Badgers more than usual right now because of their holding of the Axe for 7 seasons.

What's hilarious to me is that people don't think it's possible to divorce the 2 things. Heck, if I polled all my Madison friends and co-workers who are Badger fans I am confident that easily 70% of them would agree with me that BB is an a**. In fact, the most common refrain I hear from these people is "He's an a**hole, but he's OUR a**hole." As long as he wins no one will care in WI. That's just the way it is. People here would be defending him too if he was the Gophers coach and he was bringing us to Rose Bowls.

No, I hate him because he's an a**. I hate the Badgers more than usual right now because of their holding of the Axe for 7 seasons.

What's hilarious to me is that people don't think it's possible to divorce the 2 things. Heck, if I polled all my Madison friends and co-workers who are Badger fans I am confident that easily 70% of them would agree with me that BB is an a**. In fact, the most common refrain I hear from these people is "He's an a**hole, but he's OUR a**hole." As long as he wins no one will care in WI. That's just the way it is. People here would be defending him too if he was the Gophers coach and he was bringing us to Rose Bowls.

That may have been the old refrain, but no longer. Bielema has grown a lot as a coach since he has taken over and any knowledgeable Badgers fan can clearly see that.

Alvarez was ripped constantly for being classless. It never ended. He had far more problems then Bielema did, especially with player conduct. He also had a much harder job.

To think that Bielema is only succeeding because he was handed a ready made program on a silver platter is very shortsighted, even for a Gophers fan. He has put his own stamp on the program and continues to do so. Alvarez was very wise when he skipped over all the old guard and named him head coach. The Badgers could have fallen backwards if some dinosaur was promoted, simply because he was a loyal soldier for Barry.

I love the talk of the Badgers crashing back to earth. It was almost understandable off the 7-6 season, but off of 11-2 with the talent the Badgers have coming back is awesome. No matter how hard you wish it to be, does not mean it is true. There is more talent in the program now then there ever has been and a lot more is on the way. Bielema and the staff are just hitting their stride. Does not mean a bad season can't happen, but they are positioned very nicely to continue the success.

The unfortunate thing now is that Brewster is gone. It was easy to root against the Gophers with that blow hard in charge. Now that Kill is there, it is much harder to root against them. I like Kill and what he is doing and it appears he is getting it done the right way. It will be very interesting to see what the difference will be on the field this year. I know that Bielema and Kill have a lot of respect for each other, so I would expect the war of words to cease as well. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

And nobody thinks that the Badgers are a dynasty. People just rightfully think that the future looks very bright.

GV Badger. You clearly don't have much of a life posting over here all day and probably posting on your own board (I've never been to your board and never will. My time is more valuable than that). Sorry, I don't like your coach either, he really isn't teaching life skills to his players.

I always get a kick out of opposing fans who have canonized Barry, now that he isn't the coach, as I was reading these same Boards when Barry was coaching and back then he, too, was "classless." Granted, Brett doesn't have the polish Barry has (and Barry didn't always have it either) and Brett certainly said some pretty dumb things when he was a very young coach. Over the last couple of years, however, he has become more media-savvy and matured. I don't expect you all to agree with that, since you don't see/read about him much and his relationship with Brewster was, as they say, rocky.

I really liked Bielema's comments at the B1G media days especially (probably paraphrased) "All my coaches have children. I tell them that if they are recruiting a kid and wouldn't be comfortable having that kid babysit their children when they aren't around, quit recruiting him."

Good point. I did "hate" Barry back then. It was clear to me however that I disliked him for beating my Gophers. I did however respect Barry Alvarez. The parrot stuff w/ his son was just fodder, well that and Wacker spoiling a MNC shot.

Top Bottom