Do you need another reason to loathe Burt Bulimia?

Breakin' The Plane

Reaction score
The coach who stole his hairstyle from Biff Tannen appeared during the 5 o'clock hour on KFAN with Justin Gaard. Gaard asked him, "You're going for a Big Ten title every year, but how far away do you think you are from that Ohio State/Michigan-type tradition?"

"Well, obviously we want to be as close as we can to that Ohio State type of success. I think we're beyond Michigan, we've beat them the past couple of years."

Yeah, you're beyond Michigan. 11 national titles to zero. 42 conference titles to 12. 77 All-Americans to 22. A complete meathead in every sense of the word.

I hate Gaard, but I'll give him credit. He asked him about the 2-point play. Of course, Bert took the weasel's way out.

BB is what he is and he gets away with his style of dealing with people because he had success. I think he is the kind of coach that when the going get's tough, I don't think he will ever handle it in a humble way or be given the benefit of the doubt. But while he is winning, he can get away with making absurd statements like that.

BB is what he is and he gets away with his style of dealing with people because he had success. I think he is the kind of coach that when the going get's tough, I don't think he will ever handle it in a humble way or be given the benefit of the doubt. But while he is winning, he can get away with making absurd statements like that.

I got to agree. He is without a doubt one of the biggest boobs I have ever seen in college football. Class A jerk.

Tried to put on Michigan board but need clearance. Don't like mich but bulimia is a puke

The bigger question is why is the Wisconsin coach on KFAN? As the Gopher flag ship station are they continuing to do whatever they can to promote other Big 10 schools?

Agree,that piece of crap deserves no air time in this town.The wheels will fall off for him one of these days and then he will be exposed for the fraud he is.

I agree CDH. I thought it was a little strange that the Gopher Football Flagship Station has BB on and has him talking about how so many MN kids have gone to WI and done well (and go to the NFL) from Madison.

Promoting that hurts the program.

To be fair, he does own a 3-2 career record against the Wolverines. Pure dominance. Kill would never be that ignorant, but if he wins his first two against Wisky and says that "we're beyond them" just imagine the outrage.

It was actually good coverage by KFAN today in my opinion, didn't listen to the entire 3:00-6:30 show but it was a get to know you Big 10 2011. They openly said that they tried to interview every Big 10 coach that the Gophers play this year.

He is another Hayden Fry. He'll get his an ass-kicking sooner or later but hopefully soon.

All of you would like him a lot better if the record was 0-6 instead of 6-0. Unlike most of you, coaches do not live in the past. Not only is Michigan off the schedule for two years, but the last two butt whippings give a pretty good indication of where the programs are right now.

It is kind of like talking about national titles won in the 40's. Nice to reminisce about but they have mot helped the program much over the last 50 years.

The Gophers can only hope Kill is as good of a coach as Bielema is.

All of you would like him a lot better if the record was 0-6 instead of 6-0. Unlike most of you, coaches do not live in the past. Not only is Michigan off the schedule for two years, but the last two butt whippings give a pretty good indication of where the programs are right now.

It is kind of like talking about national titles won in the 40's. Nice to reminisce about but they have mot helped the program much over the last 50 years.

Badger is right. Just because he is an ass, does not mean he can't coach. To take advantage of the fact he is a complete boor, we have to have a competitive FB team. It is doable, but not by bitching about a rival coach no matter how much of a jerk he is.

...and your point is?

Regarding Liking or disliking Bielema based on head to head record. For me the answer is no. I can't stand the a$$hat. He is beyond an immature jerk. I hope Kill is a far better coach than Bielema. More so, I hope Kill is a far better human being. So far, so good.

Do you mean 0-5? Because that's how many times the Gophers have lost to Wisconsin when he's been the head coach. Michigan is a helmet school. There's no debating that. If they are so putrid, why did the almighty Meathead fall to them twice in five years? You can throw "living in the past" at the Gophers all you want, that doesn't apply to Michigan. They were pretty relevant when they won the national title in 1997. Charles Woodson, Tom Brady, Jake Long. They're relevant. And they've won a national championship after 1990, you know, the year that college football officially started.

Funny you should mention 6-0, because we have 6 national championships and you have 0. BTW, Bielema is an ass win, lose or draw.

Blah, blah, blah.

Go to your own f@cking board. Why do you feel the need to blather on about your team on this board? Are you really that insecure? Don't bother answering, we already know the answer.

It was actually good coverage by KFAN today in my opinion, didn't listen to the entire 3:00-6:30 show but it was a get to know you Big 10 2011. They openly said that they tried to interview every Big 10 coach that the Gophers play this year.

I agree..it was really good hearing all the interviews from Chicago. I heard Ferentz, Kill, Pelini, and at least one more before I shut it off and was pleasantly surprised by the level of depth of their coverage. Gaard is actually pretty good at this college stuff when he wants to be a real reporter and not an Iowa rube.

The coach who stole his hairstyle from Biff Tannen appeared during the 5 o'clock hour on KFAN with Justin Gaard. Gaard asked him, "You're going for a Big Ten title every year, but how far away do you think you are from that Ohio State/Michigan-type tradition?"

"Well, obviously we want to be as close as we can to that Ohio State type of success. I think we're beyond Michigan, we've beat them the past couple of years."

Yeah, you're beyond Michigan. 11 national titles to zero. 42 conference titles to 12. 77 All-Americans to 22. A complete meathead in every sense of the word.

I hate Gaard, but I'll give him credit. He asked him about the 2-point play. Of course, Bert took the weasel's way out.

Yeah I agree that's a little ridiculous but I think the main reason Minnesota fans don't like BB is because he's won to profoundly since taking over and the Gophers program has mainly floundered.

I think Minnesota should strive to be like Wisconsin ON THE FIELD. I mean, both teams essentially fish from the same recruiting pool. I don't like how Brett B conducts himself.

KFAN Coverage was great actually. Heard from almost all the coaches in the Legends division plus Buttlema. Gaard actually harassed him pretty good, I felt uncomfortable, which means he gave it to Buttlema pretty good. Also had a great Rallis interview, I listen to all 3 hours, really enjoyed it. Buttlema had great things to say about Kill. Said they go way back, was happy for Jerry when he got the job but not happy for himself because he knows Kill will have the program winning very soon. Says he just knows how to win and does it the right way.

Calling a meaningless timeout when the Gophers had already won the game and running up 55-0 are far worse than anything Meathead has ever done, still Brent comes under much greater scrutiny than Ferentz ever has. Wonder why that is? People can spot an a-hole. Kirk's at least got some redeeming qualities, no matter how many kids he tries to kill.

I don't see a lot of people on here saying he's not a good coach. He's a jerk. Terrell Owens is/was a great wide receiver. He's easy to hate. He did say during the interview that he thinks they should basically throw the book at coaches who get caught cheating should get the book thrown at them and the sanctions should follow them if they change schools. I couldn't agree more. Of course he also said, "I've broken rules that I didn't even know existed." I'd have kept that to myself, but that's just me.

Only a Badger would think that a winning record over the last two seasons means you have better TRADITION.

Only a Badger would think that a winning record over the last two seasons means you have better TRADITION.

Who said anything about tradition. Football coaches have to live in the real world, the here and now. That is what Bielema was referring to.

Tradition is message board fodder.

If anyone would rather have 5 national titles in the 30's and 40's, one in '60 and the last 50 years of football that the Gophers have had, more power to them.

Do you mean 0-5? Because that's how many times the Gophers have lost to Wisconsin when he's been the head coach. Michigan is a helmet school. There's no debating that. If they are so putrid, why did the almighty Meathead fall to them twice in five years? You can throw "living in the past" at the Gophers all you want, that doesn't apply to Michigan. They were pretty relevant when they won the national title in 1997. Charles Woodson, Tom Brady, Jake Long. They're relevant. And they've won a national championship after 1990, you know, the year that college football officially started.

I was counting this year.

Go to your own f@cking board. Why do you feel the need to blather on about your team on this board? Are you really that insecure? Don't bother answering, we already know the answer.

You bring so much value to this board. Keep it up. Without your input, I would not even want to read this board.

I heard the interview and it was a very good interview. Gaard did a nice job. I did throw up in my mouth a little bit when BB went into "sales" mode by listing off MN high school players that played at Wisconsin and said how nicely they "represented their state." It was pure recruiting and sales and I think Gaard saw through it right away and worked to get him on to the next thing. The questions about the 2 point conversion had me squirming too... it took some guts for Gaard to not only ask, but press the issue the way he did. I also nearly drove in the ditch when BB said they were "beyond Michigan" in his jack-hole way.

Having the flagship station attend the Big 10 meetings and interview representatives from other teams is totally fine in my book. I love the information and despite Gaard's need to reign in the BB recruiting attempt, it was good information and I found myself wishing I could have heard more interviews with opposing coaches and players. Good stuff.

If anyone would rather have 5 national titles in the 30's and 40's, one in '60 and the last 50 years of football that the Gophers have had, more power to them.

I would still rather have 6 national titles years ago, then have none at all.

Who said anything about tradition. Football coaches have to live in the real world, the here and now. That is what Bielema was referring to.

Tradition is message board fodder.

Gaard asked him, "You're going for a Big Ten title every year, but how far away do you think you are from that Ohio State/Michigan-type tradition?"

Unbelieveable...

Top Bottom