Do you like the "blackout" idea?

• Yes

Votes: 68 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 15 12.4%

• Total voters
not to take this off topic, but it considering we are what alabama is to football or kentucky is to basketball when it comes to hockey and we recruit like it and yet that is what we have to show for it, when bama and kentucky have had better success in their perspective sport which by the way is a lot more competitive considering the amount of schools that participate and care about basketball and football around the country compared to hockey.

Kentucky basketball has 3 final fours and 1 title in that time period.

complain all you want, but the barn was rocking and during semester break. blackout idea was not meant to get the old farts excited(nothing gets them excited) its about the students and even recruiting. Oregon football has become a powerhouse simply to their uptempo offense and the way they played with their color scheme with their jerseys, that has excited recruits and they have taken advantage of it. Pitino is working on the up tempo part and now you have to show recruits that your school is also cool and fun by having a fun atmosphere and getting the students engaged, the players on the court could care less about the old farts, they want to see that their fellow classmates support them and are engaged.

+1

Kentucky basketball has 3 final fours and 1 title in that time period.

I'm sure you are aware that it is much harder to win a basketball title or go to a final 4 than hockey so I won't go there. But how about setting the clock to a nice even number like 10 instead of 12, that would take 2 titles away from the hockey program. I mean I can set the clock to when cal took over at UK and that would show they had much better recent success than our hockey program, which is sad considering how much harder it is in basketball compared to hockey

I bet you're one of them old farts that thinks he's too cool to wear black so he thought he would teach the U a lesson and wear Gold, but in reality you just looked like a dumb***

I'm an adult. What about you?

I'm 31...don't think that qualifies as "old fart" status, but I could be wrong.

Wore gold to the game as that is one of our colors.

Note to Zeppelin Gopher:

I guess if you wear a school color to the game, it means you hate fun.

Who wudda thunk.

My undergrad colors are blue and yellow. Their basketball teams have uniforms of blue, white, yellow, black, and grey. Good thing their fans don't freak out like the Gopher fans do.

Why do you hate fun?

The "black out" idea isn't unique, original, or fun in the least.

It's a silly little marketing ploy that, for reasons beyond my understanding, a majority of our fan base has decided to support.

complain all you want, but the barn was rocking and during semester break. blackout idea was not meant to get the old farts excited(nothing gets them excited) its about the students and even recruiting. Oregon football has become a powerhouse simply to their uptempo offense and the way they played with their color scheme with their jerseys, that has excited recruits and they have taken advantage of it. Pitino is working on the up tempo part and now you have to show recruits that your school is also cool and fun by having a fun atmosphere and getting the students engaged, the players on the court could care less about the old farts, they want to see that their fellow classmates support them and are engaged.

Contrary to your mistaken beliefs, it is still very possible for old farts to get excited about things. I speak from years of experience.

Oregon experiments with THEIR color scheme, not some other team's. I like their uniforms, too, but I'm not sure why I should get excited about the Gophers imitating the Pittsburgh Steelers' and Pirates' fashion. Pittsburgh isn't a bad town but it's no Minneapolis. Closer to a grungier version of St. Paul.

Well, the campus is certainly "cool" anyway. -2 right now.

Pitino can work on up tempo all he wants, but his competitors in the Big Ten will have something to say about how successful he will be in executing it. He talked about that last year but his team fell into the same brutal half court game that is the fashion of the Big Ten once the season began.

Now, if you keep insisting on calling us "old farts," we might have to start unloading all we know about incompetent millenials who need their parents' assistance until they're 30 or older. Learn some respect, young man, because what goes around comes around.

The "black out" idea isn't unique, original, or fun in the least. It's a silly little marketing ploy that, for reasons beyond my understanding, a majority of our fan base has decided to support.

It sounds like your understand is hating change!

Note to Zeppelin Gopher:

I guess if you wear a school color to the game, it means you hate fun.

Who wudda thunk.
But it's called the blackout game for a reason! If you really were a true supporter of the University you would participate in events like this, but no we get all these butt hurt people that can't wear black for one game

It's a silly little marketing ploy that, for reasons beyond my understanding, a majority of our fan base has decided to support.

Yup, definitely old fart.

Contrary to your mistaken beliefs, it is still very possible for old farts to get excited about things. I speak from years of experience.

We didn't need to hear about your mistress and your ED pills.

Nobody better wear gold vs Iowa because they wear gold/yellow also

We didn't need to hear about your mistress and your ED pills.

Don't want or need a mistress or ED pills, but thanks for your vulgar little snide just the same.

But it's called the blackout game for a reason! If you really were a true supporter of the University you would participate in events like this, but no we get all these butt hurt people that can't wear black for one game

Then we get all the pups that think if someone doesn't like their idea, they must be an old fart and don't like change. Obviously everything new is better. Right?

Then we get all the pups that think if someone doesn't like their idea, they must be an old fart and don't like change. Obviously everything new is better. Right?

well it doesn't seem like the so called tradition that we have is making the players and students get fired up. As much as you probably don't want to believe it stuff like this gets players excited to play in front of the students and gets them fired up

Then we get all the pups that think if some doesn't like their idea, they must be old fart and don't like change. Obviously everything new is better. Right?

Not at all. Just saying the U tried something different and Whether a fan supports the blackout or hates it, they should roll with it for one night and have some fun. Instead, guys like you will kick a dead horse for weeks because you don't like the color combos. I'm an adult, I can handle change once in a while why can't you

Not at all. Just saying the U tried something different and Whether a fan supports the blackout or hates it, they should roll with it for one night and have some fun. Instead, guys like you will kick a dead horse for weeks because you don't like the color combos. I'm an adult, I can handle change once in a while why can't you

I can handle change very well. Some changes are good, some are bad. I prefer good.

Meahwhile it's time for my nap.

Because they thought it was "fun"? How is that possible if it's not fun?

Instead of going from Gold to black, how about bringing back Musselman's pre=game show instead.

Top Bottom