Did others have issues with getting into stadium again yesterday?

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
I saw this tweet and a few others that lines were very long up until 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter. I realize some of these fans need to account for this but not all are regulars, other stadiums don't seem to have this issue as frequently as Gophers do.

Every year the Wisconsin game seems to be a mess. So we figured in an extra 15 minutes. The bus left the fair grounds lot half empty and there was no line to board the bus. We got to the gate an hour from kick off and there was literally NO ONE in the line at gate A ahead of us. We walked right in. I couldn’t believe it. Our friends who sit with us got to their seats about 5 minutes before kickoff and they said the lines were ridiculously long. They said they were in line for close to a half hour. From our seats in 210 we can see the lines at gate A and the gate by Goldy’s. Appeared to be lines well into the first quarter. Seems maybe with the cold weather people waited until the last minute to come in.

I saw this tweet and a few others that lines were very long up until 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter. I realize some of these fans need to account for this but not all are regulars, other stadiums don't seem to have this issue as frequently as Gophers do.

Zero issues.

Saw the line around 2:05pm at Gate B so walked west 1 more gate, and while that looked sort of long, 30 or so on the "No Bags" section, got ticket scanned by 2:12pm.

33 minutes. Got in line at 155. I have been to 28 college football stadiums ours is consistently the worst at getting people in the stadium. They could easily have 6-7 more metal detectors at each gate. But the u of m never listens to anyone. Has been the biggest gripe since the stadium opened people are still waiting a half hour in line. Gate b

We were stuck in gate C, missed the opening touchdown. Very slow getting people through.

Got in line at 2:05 to get into the stadium and missed the entire first drive. Easily the worst stadium security experience I have ever had.
Problem being is that people can easily mess things up for what they are wearing and what perhaps they are hiding as to weapons. Weapons at the gate? Yes, as it has been reported every now and then at various stadiums across the nation. Can't take chances.

This has easily been the best year for entry since they’ve started the clear bag policy. Every game it seems like security cares less and less about checking bags. At the beginning of the year they at least poked through our bags. The last 3 games they simply look from the outside and let us through (pro tip- if you have kids small enough to carry, carry them through security instead of letting them walk through on their own and they’ll usually take pity on you). We got to Gate D about 20 mins before kickoff and were through the gates and concourse and in our seats with 7mins on the countdown to kickoff clock. I have complained a ton about this, but thankfully this year they apparently stopped caring at least at my gate.

Gate E had a very long line when we got there about 15 minutes prior to kickoff. They must have been just waving people through because that line would have taken 15-20 minutes in the past and was more like five minutes.

? 15 plus minutes and I missed the Gophers first score.
I tailgate between B and C. Both were small manageble quick moving lines until about 2:15, then the lines grew very, very quickly. I think many waited to get to the game, and those tailgating came later to not stand outside as long (count me in that group!) and got in line within a 5-10 minute window around 2:15.

Said this before out here for years, it depends on what gate you pick and when you get in line. I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to wait more than 10-15 minutes(have attended every game at The Bank) to get into the stadium. I'm usually through the gates in five minutes or less. I do agree they could add even more detectors and that would help for when the crowd swells.

I tailgate between B and C. Both were small manageble quick moving lines until about 2:15, then the lines grew very, very quickly. I think many waited to get to the game, and those tailgating came later to not stand outside as long (count me in that group!) and got in line within a 5-10 minute window around 2:15.

Said this before out here for years, it depends on what gate you pick and when you get in line. I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to wait more than 10-15 minutes(have attended every game at The Bank) to get into the stadium. I'm usually through the gates in five minutes or less. I do agree they could add even more detectors and that would help for when the crowd swells.
Makes sense. I put the question mark there because it changed dramatically in a short period of time. I also think people cutting in made things worse.

Makes sense. I put the question mark there because it changed dramatically in a short period of time. I also think people cutting in made things worse.
Yes, that and a lot more folks with bags this game due to the weather.

There were a ton of people who got tickets given to them or bought from people. The people in front of me were trying to get the tickets to their wallet at the ticket scanner people. There is the slow down. idiots.

We were in that line. It was ridiculous. We got in early enough to see the beginning, but the wait was terrible. Nearly every single person went through the metal detector and then had to be stopped for further inspection. We kept looking behind us feeling bad for all those that weren't getting in. They missed the only good part of the game.

I was at Penn State last year. 107,000 people or whatever. Zipped right in. It isn't that difficult.

We were in that line. It was ridiculous. We got in early enough to see the beginning, but the wait was terrible. Nearly every single person went through the metal detector and then had to be stopped for further inspection. We kept looking behind us feeling bad for all those that weren't getting in. They missed the only good part of the game.

I was at Penn State last year. 107,000 people or whatever. Zipped right in. It isn't that difficult.
Penn State used a completely different kind of security technology, which has a mediocre reputation from what others said. Also what time did you actually get to Beaver Stadium, how far did you park away from it, and how long did it take you to leave?

Got to the game with 25 mins left on the countdown, there was a line but got through in about five minutes. Gate B. The earlier the better.

It was our own fault for not getting moving and leaving home sooner, but nonetheless - we joined the line at 2:18 and had our tickets scanned at about 2:50, so a half-hour of standing in line, which is ridiculous. This was at Gate A; we customarily use Gate E, but that line was longer still.

Even though got in very early no doubt the level of security check was higher for this one. Don't know if what happened on the US-Canadian border bridge was a factor or just a heightened state of alertness for whatever.

Used the student gate and not only had a full front-back body wanding but had to open coat/under for a visual check. Might have helped if they had a barker like TSA does telling folks what to expect. In this case, maybe a piped in message saying "Empty all pockets. You will be wanded. Open your coats and jackets for visual inspection," or similar.

That might have saved a few seconds per person but fact is that even with the message there will be people coming up with their coats closed with keys in their pockets.

Didn't have a problem on Saturday (Gate B) but I got there 45 min prior to kickoff. This season I found that if I get there within 30 minutes of kickoff it's going to be a line. The problem with Gate B is that there is landscaping very close by which forces the feeder lines to get divided. Thus a lot of people will walk right through the bushes and cut into line. It's very difficult to determine where the back of the line is.

One of the many reasons I gave up my season tickets after 23 years. Just utter incompetence and a complete unwillingness to improve.

Penn State used a completely different kind of security technology, which has a mediocre reputation from what others said. Also what time did you actually get to Beaver Stadium, how far did you park away from it, and how long did it take you to leave?
Well I didn’t write down the times. We got there a little earlier but not crazy. Parking was fine. We bought a pass. And getting out was a breeze too, which was the biggest surprise. Everything but the game went wonderfully.

Well I didn’t write down the times. We got there a little earlier but not crazy. Parking was fine. We bought a pass. And getting out was a breeze too, which was the biggest surprise. Everything but the game went wonderfully.
Great that you got a parking pass. Majority who didn't parked a long ways away unless they got there 4+ hours beforehand. We did the Gopher event with food an drink and got there 3+ hours before and had a good 15-20 minute walk from the parking lot to the event and stadium. Same walk back after plus waiting another 30 minutes to get out of the lot into a stream of stop and go traffic moving at maybe 5 mph.

One of the many reasons I gave up my season tickets after 23 years. Just utter incompetence and a complete unwillingness to improve.
It is brutal. And as pointed out by many on here with first hand experience, there are lots of examples if other college football teams and the local pro sports teams doing it better, so it is not unavoidable. One of two things must be true: either the Department doesn't think it is a problem and isn't motivated to improve it or the Department is unable to accomplish something that is pretty simple and done better by almost everyone else. Neither one of those possibilities is reassuring.

Top Bottom