Did Fleck sit Lindenberg to preserve his redshirt?

I doubt it. Someone above posted Cody was on crutches this week. If Fleck was going to sit Cody to preserve a redshirt, it would have made a ton more sense to do it against Ohio State where they are going to lose anyway. Assuming Cody is injured, it's very dissapointing that both Cody and Darius were injured, came back, and got injured again in short order.

The decision to sit would be Lindenberg's not PJ's alone.
Amen!

Aside from the fact that it seems like he can’t redshirt …

PJ has been open about how he talks to players and their families about redshirting.

So do other coaches.

Amen!

Aside from the fact that it seems like he can’t redshirt …

PJ has been open about how he talks to players and their families about redshirting.

So do other coaches.
That discussion must be a lot different now with NIL pouring gasoline on the portal “fire.” Kids may be less likely to sit around in a backup role when they could be getting paid as a starter somewhere else.

That discussion must be a lot different now with NIL pouring gasoline on the portal “fire.” Kids may be less likely to sit around in a backup role when they could be getting paid as a starter somewhere else.
No doubt.

Teams have had guys effectively nope out this time of year in order to go portal.

If 2021 was a medical, then he did not redshirt.

I'm at the game, that's the rumor among some parents here. I'm sitting behind them. If true, it's an absolutely indefensible decision.
I’m assuming he’s doing the same thing with Taylor. I think he’s only played in four games. This season is toast so time to look at 2024. I think you always play the best healthy players to win and not tank for the future.

Top Bottom