Did Fleck sit Lindenberg to preserve his redshirt?

PJ is dumb. A lot of folks forget stuff like that. It’s a pervasive issue.

I'm at the game, that's the rumor among some parents here. I'm sitting behind them. If true, it's an absolutely indefensible decision.
I’m not sure about that. Couldn’t have predicted Baranowski getting hurt early and getting Lindenberg back for another full season is not a bad thing.

I’m not sure about that. Couldn’t have predicted Baranowski getting hurt early and getting Lindenberg back for another full season is not a bad thing.
This is dumb too.

Could he play last 2 games and bowl game and still get a year?
Why on Earth would he do that he's got a chance to play on Sundays

Gonna need more than a spurious rumor to believe this nonsense

There wasn't consensus among the parents, but it was definitely a topic of conversation. I doubt it is true but curious that this group was discussing it.

What am I missing?

This season is lost and sucks, so why not redshirt?

What am I missing?

Because it's not possible. He already redshirted and there's no such thing as 'preserving' a medical redshirt.

What am I missing?

How is the season lost any more than the previous 50 seasons? Every year's goal is to finish .500 in B10; that's our championship season

How is the season lost any more than the previous 50 seasons? Every year's goal is to finish .500 in B10; that's our championship season
what's he played......2 games?

Maybe wants to play some more full seasons.

Because it's not possible. He already redshirted and there's no such thing as 'preserving' a medical redshirt.
I actually think they would argue that 2021 was a medical RS and this would just be a RS.

Technically, I think it's definitely possible for Lindenberg to get this year back.

Lindenberg would not have changed the outcome of this game.
Usually when people write this I wholeheartedly agree, but in this case, I'm not sure it's true. If Minnesota could stop the run today after Maverick went down, then that could have totally changed the game.

Usually when people write this I wholeheartedly agree, but in this case, I'm not sure it's true. If Minnesota could stop the run today after Maverick went down, then that could have totally changed the game.
The d-line blew chunks and the secondary couldn't cover. It wouldn't have mattered in the least.

I'd rather save his eligibility for an extra year when we're not rebuilding than have him play one single extra game for a season that's probably already screwed as winning the West goes even if we win that game. I would have rather they sat him against Ohio State though.

2020 Freshmen
2021 Redshirt Freshmen
2022 Redshirt sophomore
2023 Redshirt Junior
2024 Redshirt Senior
2025 COVID extra season

Number of games he plays is irrelevant

Medical redshirt is different than regular redshirt.

The NCAA has a policy in effect that allows any athlete to receive a medical redshirt...

This is not to be confused with a normal freshman redshirt that student-athletes can get... An individual can only have one redshirt year throughout their college years, UNLESS a medical redshirt is granted.

According to the NCAA rules, in order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:
  • Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”
  • Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
  • Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games

I'm at the game, that's the rumor among some parents here. I'm sitting behind them. If true, it's an absolutely indefensible decision.
The thought has crossed my mind as well.

Top Bottom