Deion Sanders’ roster redo at Colorado could change college football

You don’t think it was an upgrade? Seriously?
Not as big as some people think. They added like 21 kids from other P5 schools. Of the non graduates that left, 11 landed at other P5 schools. It’s not like he went Lincoln Riley on the bit bringing in Caleb Williams and Jordan Addison level players. Yes Travis Hunter should be good, but hasn’t proven it at the P5 level yet.

FSU beat LSU last year and Clemson offense is still not great. The Noles had 10 wins last year and Virginia Tech had 3. More closer to zero losses then 3.
yeah i'd be expecting the Noles to be pushing on Clemson this year. their whole team is back and Travis has improved massively at QB.

I didn't realize Colorado is heading back to the Big 12 next year.

Colorado Big 12
The big bullies are leaving.....may as well go back to the new mess and maybe have a chance of being relevant in what is left of the conference.

My hope: Gophers demolish Nebraska in opener, then Nebraska goes on to demolish Colorado.

I honestly don't think this is a bad strategy - let's face facts, the term 'Student Athlete' has lost all meaning now with NIL, lax drug testing, etc. It has been replaced with "Just don't embarrass the program"

So, with Prime: I think the basic premise is that a grad transfer (22/23 year old adult) will probably be better equipped to play on day 1 than a 18/19 year old kid. This is just natural biology. Along with the physical development, they also have game experience and have proven themselves in the classroom so they will stay eligible. Only a small fraction of players reach the NFL or even solid contributor on the team status so it takes out the guesswork from trying to recruit and develop (recruit is a crapshoot and develop is a crapshoot).

With transfers, he can be selective on who he brings in and a winning program with national exposure will have way more quality people looking to join his team than transfer out. Again, 10 years ago, this was not really possible as stars didn't transfer - now, that is simply not the case.

As for 20% from recruiting - that seems right to me. You go after the most solid locks you can find and you don't need to reach. Also, people need to remember these high school stars 1.) flame out as they face adversity for the first time 2.) fail to develop physically 3.) fail to stay eligible - and LASTLY - if they are superstars, they leave for the NFL early. You combine this with one of these highly rated guys is no longer happy to sit out and develop - if they don't play, they transfer out.

The proof will be in the pudding but I think he has this figured out - he will win - and it WILL NOT BE good for college football as the sport we all love.

Prime will kill it at Colorado. I don’t know why anyone has such an issue with brining in a ton of kids. He is bringing in very solid players. If Minnesota was doing the same thing we would love it. But because we are not it’s dumb and stupid. Guys, he will be at the top of Florida states radar next year about week 5 when Colorado demolishes Nebby and Fl st is 2-3.
……. Still believe Prime will kill it…. Nebraska gets smoked next week and Boulder is a nut house.

I think Deon Sanders’ immense ego and haughtiness will play for awhile in Colorado as long as they show improvement. But his act could grow old if there are issues in the program. UC Boulder does have a solid academic reputation. Hopefully that is important to all the transfers.

The transfer rule has since changed to 1 transfer without having to sit out. The dust is still 2 years from settling on all of this NIL, portal, realignment. This season is going to be nuts on the field with so many teams having such new talent. Enjoy the season.

I think Deon Sanders’ immense ego and haughtiness will play for awhile in Colorado as long as they show improvement. But his act could grow old if there are issues in the program. UC Boulder does have a solid academic reputation. Hopefully that is important to all the transfers.

He's already attacking the press, which doesn't seem like a smart idea. I'll be very curious to see the press conference after his first loss. That all said, they were a ton of fun to watch yesterday. They could win up to 8 games this year...

John Calipari of the gridiron. Easy to get interested in Colorado games. Everyone, whether they are rooting for or against him, keeps an eye on the scoreboard when the Buff’s are playing.

Currently sits with 5 signed and 16 transfers coming in. Sounds like the 5* OL is flipping to Maryland.

Dieon is apparently hiring Warren Sapp.

Seems about right character wise.

Dieon might want to consider that Draymond Green is available too ...

I thought this might be about Dion entering the portal.

Not sure how to react this. My first gut reaction is clown show!

th
This almost feels like they are doing wacky performance art to see how long before people catch on. I mean, this is Andy Kaufman/Joaquin Phoenix shit.

Top Bottom