Deion Sanders’ roster redo at Colorado could change college football

As long as he extends the same blessing to other players not named Sanders when they want to skip team meetings for self serving non-team related reasons then it isn't that big a deal.
100%. I’m going out on a limb a say not everyone at Colorado don’t have that luxury.
I’m kind of a fan of his tho.

As long as he extends the same blessing to other players not named Sanders when they want to skip team meetings for self serving non-team related reasons then it isn't that big a deal.
One scenario breeds discontent in the locker room and the other shows a lack of commitment and discipline by the entire team. Neither of these will lead to success for the football program IMO!

Colorado’s women’s basketball team is 15-1 and ranked #3 but 99% of Americans couldn’t name their coach without Google. Her name is JR Payne and she took over a team that was consistently dead last in the Pac 12. Like 0-3 wins a year bad.

Maybe she should have been Sportsperson of the Year

Colorado’s women’s basketball team is 15-1 and ranked #3 but 99% of Americans couldn’t name their coach without Google. Her name is JR Payne and she took over a team that was consistently dead last in the Pac 12. Like 0-3 wins a year bad.

She took over from a coach that had 3, 20 win seasons, 3 WNIT berths and an NCAA tournament berth. They were really bad the season before Payne took over.

This is also Payne's 8th season and it took to year 7 to have a season of significance or better than her predecessor.

I'm pretty sure you just explained in this very post why she's not considered for Sportsperson of the year.

What's basketball?

Deion has proven over the years he was a great player, average-below average coach. Big talk only lasts so long. Like they say in Colorado "ski jacket no skis"

Last edited:

NDSU will beat Colorado on August 31

You heard it here first!
That will be a tough one for me. Can't stand Deion (but really don't have anything against Colorado) vs the overinflated egos of Bison fans.
Not sure which of the 2 evils is greater here???

But did she keep receipts?

That will be a tough one for me. Can't stand Deion (but really don't have anything against Colorado) vs the overinflated egos of Bison fans.
I think having folks talk up how they beat a ... Deion coached team would be too much connotative dissonance for me to handle.

Meanwhile Deion can go beat a nobody team and nobody should care and he potentially lose most of the other games and that kinda makes sense.

Huh. I’ve been here since 2006 and the first ndsu/gopher game.
Just ignore that poster. Yeesh, I've never understood why fans on a message board go after visitors like that. It happens to me too, when I'm just trying to talk to other fans.

Glad to have ya!

Just ignore that poster. Yeesh, I've never understood why fans on a message board go after visitors like that. It happens to me too, when I'm just trying to talk to other fans.

Glad to have ya!
For me it totally depends on the poster. There are a couple of tolerable iowa and wisky fans here.

Deion is living proof great players don't make good coaches. Why is he now called 8-toed Deion?

Huh. I’ve been here since 2006 and the first ndsu/gopher game.
I can't believe how cowardly the administrations of NDSU and SDSU are, given that Liberty proved you can force your way into FBS as an independent.

And how did that work out for them??

In a FBS conference, won the conference, and went to the Fiesta Bowl on NYD.

Yep, I'm sure they wish they were still in FCS so they could've gone to the FCS championship game. :ROFLMAO:

I'm going with Deion since his ego dwarfs all of Bisonnation combined!

Top Bottom