Decommits under PJ Fleck - Where are they now?

Yeah there's a physical + mental talent that isn't .... just what you visually see that is so big.

Winfield is hardly a spectacular physical specimen relative to other players, but he just seems to know where to be. I'm not sure those things can be taught as much as just observed.

I did always wish we could get Edwards a dump off pass here or there but pretty hard to do that when he is hurt / he comes in and probably can't block.
Edwards by all indications was a straight line runner, I doubt he would have been able to do anything special in space. Plus he couldn’t catch. But he might have had the best 40 time of any RB in the last 10 years.

Really interesting what a complete bust those 2017 players were - I guess that'd make them Tracy's recruits, right? Glad they didn't end up staying here. But then again, if they had stayed maybe this environment would have produced different results.

One thing I know for sure. If you commit to the Gopher Gophers and decide to de-commit. Fleck will put a hex on you!

We don't know how those players will fare under Fleck's developmental program. Some of those who decommitted actually did well in other programs.

Last edited:

We don't know how those players will fare under Fleck's developmental program to be fair. Some of those who decommitted actually did well in other programs.
Who said anything about being fair?

Albert Regis committed to Texas A&M a couples day back. I was really excited for him to be a Gopher when he committed. I hope we can find a DT who is as good or better than him.

Albert Regis committed to Texas A&M a couples day back. I was really excited for him to be a Gopher when he committed. I hope we can find a DT who is as good or better than him.

He was the one decommit I hoped would stay committed. I think the George Floyd case and and Covid-19 scared him to be closer to home.

Edwards by all indications was a straight line runner, I doubt he would have been able to do anything special in space. Plus he couldn’t catch. But he might have had the best 40 time of any RB in the last 10 years.

Old post I didn't se.

Yeah I agree Edwards wasn't going to be an ultra good runner, more of a gadget play guy I was thinking. If he could get open... I was thinking he could beat a guy on a straight line sprint and that would be enough IMO. But not a feature running back kinda guy.

Jaylen Mayfield is the only one that really hurt in my opinion.

Wiltfong has this guy predicted to commit to use with "8 High" confidence:

That's just the public facing page, though. I know they keep all the juicy recruiting stuff behind the paywall.

Top Bottom