Darius Taylor is back next season!

Awesome that he is coming back.....sad that we are at the point where we have to worry about whether a sophomore is going to return but that is the reality of this transfer portal era.

I just got done watching a couple D3 playoff games that were really entertaining with streaming media improving every year and low cost or free (something that couldn't be done even a few years ago). There are alternatives. The top FBS football institutions need to understand they can kill the golden goose with greed.
Agree. I watched North Central v UW la Crosse. Good game played well.

Interesting.

Taylor has been here, he knows what it's like to play for Fleck, and yet he's chosen to return — with his eyes wide open!

Wow! I guess Darius isn't afraid.

Because, you know, he might end up "ground to dust" in Fleck's supposedly brutal, clueless system.

Last edited:

Taylor announcing now is interesting. Not just about NIL I suspect. I'm sure that Taylor, before making such an announcement, might want to know more about who his QB might be next season. He probably met the potential Grad Transfer QB from NH today. I'm cautiously taking Taylor's announcement as good news on two fronts. Our feature RB is in the fold ... and PJ might have found his top QB starter candidate for next season. Fingers crossed.

Assuming the "center holds," it will be a lot of fun to see Darius Taylor and Drake Lindsay in the same backfield in 2025.

Taylor announcing now is interesting. Not just about NIL I suspect. I'm sure that Taylor, before making such an announcement, might want to know more about who his QB might be next season. He probably met the potential Grad Transfer QB from NH today. I'm cautiously taking Taylor's announcement as good news on two fronts. Our feature RB is in the fold ... and PJ might have found his top QB starter candidate for next season. Fingers crossed.

Assuming the "center holds," it will be a lot of fun to see Darius Taylor and Drake Lindsay in the same backfield in 2025.
Amid the portal madness I think we can expect more “returning” type announcements, to satisfy fans teammates, and etc.

This is great news, as unsavory as the mercenary business is for fans of formerly amateur college athletics. Given his obvious talent either: DTA rained money on him, he really likes the program, there isn’t as much competing NIL money floating around as rumored. Maybe all the above. As talented as he is, now find 2-3 others…

One of the Tweet responses to his quote was classic and fitting:

Now that we are the Dinkeytown As, what will team colors be? How many new sets of uniforms will we need?

Interesting.

Taylor has been here, he knows what it's like to play for Fleck, and yet he's chosen to return — with his eyes wide open!

Because, you know, he might end up "ground to dust" in Fleck's supposedly brutal, clueless system.
And wouldn't it be great if we run a balanced offense which actually helps open up room for the running game?

In the new world of college football kids like Darius are literally Golden. In a small way he has it better than the pros in that he is a one-year free agent. So, if he has a great year next year he basically has a conversation with DT Athletes at season's end and if they don't show him enough love, then off to shop his services he goes. Don't get me wrong, I am pumped that he is back in the fold for next year and I don't begrudge him the money as he is playing the game just like every player on every other Big 1G team. But as mentioned, as things stand now with this portal process this is really going to get tiring to go through this every year.

In the new world of college football kids like Darius are literally Golden. In a small way he has it better than the pros in that he is a one-year free agent. So, if he has a great year next year he basically has a conversation with DT Athletes at season's end and if they don't show him enough love, then off to shop his services he goes. Don't get me wrong, I am pumped that he is back in the fold for next year and I don't begrudge him the money as he is playing the game just like every player on every other Big 1G team. But as mentioned, as things stand now with this portal process this is really going to get tiring to go through this every year.
A college football coach is now in the same situation as a baseball manager. He is given a roster to work with by the front office, or in football, by the NIL combine.

@50PoundHead I buy that.

Because:

a) we don't have any serious money to offer
b) he didn't play in enough games this year to attract serious tampering interest.

If he had played in most of the games this year, he'd be gone. But Fleck ran him into the ground, literally.

Interesting.

If you are the chosen RB who carries the ball 30 times a game there is no reason to leave except for a wagon full of money.
Guys who know they'll never play unless 2 guys get hurt...those are the guys who may consider leaving.

This announcement made my day ! We needed a break our way and this is a start. Agreed that he needs a full RB room and it would be outstanding if PJF could alternate the backs more frequently.

Awesome that he is coming back.....sad that we are at the point where we have to worry about whether a sophomore is going to return but that is the reality of this transfer portal era.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Interesting.

What exactly do you think was proven? You do realize that if you want to use a single example to prove some point, someone could just as easily use a single point to prove the opposite. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah. Honestly, if changes are not made to the portal rules, fans will be transferring as well...to spending their time and $$$ not for tickets and watching weekly on TV. All but 15-20 teams will basically be playing for a bowl bid as their "prime goal for the year".
You are correct. I’ve already bailed on a professional football league. I’d have to bail on another.

Top Bottom