Darius Taylor is back next season!

@50PoundHead I buy that.

Because:

a) we don't have any serious money to offer
b) he didn't play in enough games this year to attract serious tampering interest.

If he had played in most of the games this year, he'd be gone. But Fleck ran him into the ground, literally.
What a bunch of B.S.! If I can see that the guy is a special talent even if he played in only a few games, there is no chance in hell that a professional football coaches doesn't want him. Some of the narratives around here are so beaten into the ground that it's ridiculous.

Nonsense. We don’t know if he’s that special, vs other guys that you could tamper with, and you don’t know how durable he is.

Both those risks would be gone if he hasn’t missed so many games.

I was only hoping he would stay here one more year before cashing out.

I will get my wish

Gophs have their pair, now go lock up a couple spares.

Nonsense. We don’t know if he’s that special, vs other guys that you could tamper with, and you don’t know how durable he is.

Both those risks would be gone if he hasn’t missed so many games.

I was only hoping he would stay here one more year before cashing out.

I will get my wish
From my observation, he has the same vision and power Mo had when he was here but with a clearly better burst! He has the ability to take it to the house every time he gets the ball. If he stays healthy, he has the potential to eclipse all of Mo's accomplishments and contribute meaningfully on Sundays.

I absolutely think he can be a special player.

Zero chance that an 18 year old had more power than Mo.

No need for that bit. There are plenty of ways to break tackles. Barry Sanders didn’t run people over.

I absolutely think he can be a special player.

Zero chance that an 18 year old had more power than Mo.

No need for that bit. There are plenty of ways to break tackles. Barry Sanders didn’t run people over.
Mo might have a little power edge, but there were times where it took half the defense or better to bring Taylor down!
Even at his age, he has plenty of power in his legs!

Geez! All this celebrating over a player already on the Gopher roster announcing he will remain on the Gopher roster.

Ish.

I mean, yes, it is great he is staying and I’d much rather have it that way. But the fact he announced this, it just further confirms how messed up things have become and reminds me I may soon need to find a new pastime. If the new college football world is one where the Gophers serve as cream puffs to beef up blue blood playoff resumes in the same way MAC teams have traditionally served to beef up B1G bowl resumes, well, I will sadly be on to something else.

As others have said, greed will end up killing the best sport/league on the planet if they are not careful.

Top Bottom